starting strength gym
Page 371 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 2713213613693703713723733814214718711371 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I mentioned this the day after the event occurred. There may be an angle there for the 2nd degree.

The governor of Michigan is walking down the street repeating the lie from Ferguson. Is there nothing these people will not say?
    A general and former secretary of defense is pretty much doing the same thing. I would say that this is the age of lies but perhaps this is the age of awakening to the truth that we were being lied to all along.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    It's gonna be Zimmerman 2: Acquittal Boogaloo. Prosecutors are overreaching to appease dumb people who don't understand how murder degrees work. It's not "bad murder-really bad murder-worst possible murder", it's technical details of the killing. It has nothing to do with what the public's moral disgust level for the crime is. Although that might play a big role in the actual sentencing. End result is more outrage when they get off, and they blame some kind of "systemic racism" for the acquittal rather than the overzealous prosecution. The fact that people are coming away with the message "rioting works better than voting" is not good either. Because this is all going to happen again.
    This is by design, of course. From what I can tell, the authors of the computer simulation we're all living in have decided "normal" life is over for the foreseeable future. First we all succumbed to mass hysteria, torpedoed the global economy, and revoked the most basic civil liberties because of a particularly bad strain of influenza. Just as people were starting to wake from their delirium and peek their heads outside, bam, race riots and cities on fire. It's a fait accompli that the criminal case in question will be manipulated to generate another round of destruction. The question is which crises will occupy us between now and the acquittal.

Here's my guess: a scientist is going to claim "something" got into the global oil supply, and every combustion engine on Earth has been outputting deadly toxic chemicals into the air, resulting in poisonous rain around the world. Direct contact with the rain (or snow) is obviously bad, but it also gets into the global water supply. The symptoms of this poison include death among the elderly, and restlessness among young boys. The solution is to shutter all drilling, refineries, and to ban the operation of combustion engines of any size. And since all water is poisoned we'd need to report to special municipal water stations for drinking water and to bathe. The blame for this crisis, of course, lies with President Trump. Somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    Attorney General Keith Ellison:

His son: @jeremiah4northI hereby declare, officially, my support for ANTIFA
    Jeremiah is a member of the City Council: Minneapolis City Council members consider disbanding the police

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, City Officials Cutting $100 Million-$150 Million From LAPD Budget, Funds To Be Reinvested In Communities Of Color

Kinda like purposefully seeding nursing homes with covid19. See the pattern?

and, Dan Bongino seems a bit rattled today

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    The knee on the neck proves intent to kill because the neck is an area of the body everyone knows contains vital structures, and that pressure on it can kill a person, particularly a person who’s saying they can’t breathe. The fact he could summon enough breath to utter those words means he was saying “I can’t breathe normally,” disproving the ridiculous idea he was somehow “faking” his inability to breathe.
    Do you ever stop after typing something and think, "Man, I may not know what the fuck I'm talking about?"

Sibel Edmonds tweets:
    Coup Phases:
    1- Attack & Weaken Economy;
    2- Create riots, chaos;
    3- Neutralize local Sheriff & Police Forces;
    4-Recruit Military Generals;
    5- Bring back old faces & prop them up as coup leaders;
    6- Takeover
    Looks like we are at #5 to me. Buckle up

The knee on the neck proves intent to kill because the neck is an area of the body everyone knows contains vital structures, and that pressure on it can kill a person, particularly a person who’s saying they can’t breathe. The fact he could summon enough breath to utter those words means he was saying “I can’t breathe normally,” disproving the ridiculous idea he was somehow “faking” his inability to breathe.
    I agree that he probably wasn't "faking" his inability to breathe. When a knee is on your neck is not generally the time for linguistic analysis and sentence diagramming.

That said, the fact that I can say, with evidence, that this was a rather standard protocol used by MPD to detain people, means it's plausible that he had no intention to kill him. That's all that is required. Reasonable doubt. It exists because this was part of the SOP.

Now, if some background comes out about the two having it out at their side gigs, then yeah, there's grounds for Murder II, I would suspect. But, the other 3 cops are still getting off.

We have a great ability as a human race to continue to repeat our past mistakes.
    In the video below, Yuri Bezmenoz a former Soviet KGB subverter explains how the atrocities of the Soviet Union came to be and how ideological subversions happen.
    From 12.20, he explains the steps needed for a country to fall, along with a wonderful summary of how our left leaning friends such as darrowdisciple, Bruno, Muntz CANNOT be persuaded by any attempt of logic, reason or rationality. They are too far gone.

Our younger generations know far too little about what HAS happened in the past due to dangerous Utopian ideologies and CAN happen again.
    To put things a little into perspective for the uneducated, during the 1920's the Soviet authorities had to put out posters to civilians during the famine to remind them that eating their dead children was wrong. The death of over 25 million people resulted from the ideological pursuit of equity, harmony and social paradise.
    Nothing good comes from the shit we are seeing right now, nothing at all.

YouTube

I think you are conflating motive with intent. Chauvin’s subjective motive may never be known, and it need not be proven. It also need not be proven that Chauvin intended Floyd to die, but only that he intended to commit the act he did, knowing it could result in death.

Chauvin intentionally compressed Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes while Floyd was rear-handcuffed, prone, saying he could not breathe, and eventually displaying the physical manifestations of dying—no pulse, dissipating movement, and eventual silence. Legal intent is easily inferred from those facts.

Chauvin intentionally compressed Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes while Floyd was rear-handcuffed, prone, saying he could not breathe, and eventually displaying the physical manifestations of dying—no pulse, dissipating movement, and eventual silence. Legal intent is easily inferred from those facts.
    Easily??????????????????

starting strength coach development program
    I think you are conflating motive with intent. Chauvin’s subjective motive may never be known, and it need not be proven. It also need not be proven that Chauvin intended Floyd to die, but only that he intended to commit the act he did, knowing it could result in death.

I'm assuming you're responding to me. The motive could stem from some sort of dispute at their side jobs - which might be revealed, and that might change the trajectory of the trial.

Independent of that, the intent is clearly legally disputable given that MPD had choked out 237 people in the last 5 years with 44 of them blacking out. I think any half-ass lawyer can frame it as "Part of department policy, which in all 237 previous encounters, never led to anything more than a blackout. 237 samples is a reasonable expectation that death would not ensue." Hell, they SHUT DOWN THE FUCKING PLANET over smaller sample sizes than 237!

If Chauvin sat on his neck and then shot him in the back of the head, then that would be in violation of the department policies (and he'd still probably walk because cops almost always walk), but at least intent would be easier to place in the narrative of second-degree murder.

Don't confuse justice with what should happen. We all know what should happen to the piece of shit.