starting strength gym
Page 376 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2763263663743753763773783864264768761376 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Funny how the MSM encouraged the banning of dangerous material online (usually critics of policy and science) but are now quick to endorse mass gatherings.
    "Hey CNN, BBC, protestors you're going to kill Grandma"

The only benefits to come out of these riots, looting and mass protests:

1) In a couple of weeks we get to found out how deadly this virus actually is, in both infection rises and deaths.
    2) We get to know which politicians need to take part in a public trial once this global scam is over

Canada's Justin Trudeau takes a knee
    YouTube

Here's some more of the "new normal" in Canada

YouTube

Was the NWOs, sorry I mean WHOs change in stance on face masks to encourage protests/riots? Certainly makes it more difficult to convict a looter wearing a face mask.

WHO mask guidance: World Health Organization advises wider use of face coverings in coronavirus hotspots - ABC11 Raleigh-Durham

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    Its pretty fucking annoying that BLM has taken over the fight libertarians have been fighting for decades.

They are not on the side of libertarians. Their bills attempt to apply the laws differently to each race while increasing the size and power of the police state.

The only effective first step to ending police overreach would be to break the unions. Funny how the terrorist organization, BLM, and all of the leftists don't want to actually want to take that step or even talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    (other racial groups actually have zero issue with dooming certain races to failure based upon race alone, which kinda makes a fellow think.).
    Kind of like how I am repeatedly told that I am inherently an irredeemable racist and need to forever pay reparations because I am white? (BLM is conducting a heavy fundraising campaign on social media where they try to guilt white people into promoting and bankrolling their organization)

Not trying to derail the thread and the timing of this was pretty late in the game, but I finally had the opportunity to let a hysterical mask-wearer who was REEEEing about the pandemic know that his healthcare is not my responsibility and I will not go out of my way to accommodate his histrionics; He walked away bewildered that I would say such a thing and stuttering incoherently.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    On your first point, the master/slave dialectic is Nietzsche's idea--not Marx's. Nietzsche was rabidly (he literally became rabid in later life due to syphilis) apolitical and Marx was not a fan of his in the least. For a man who so comfortably throws around the word, "Marxist" you are incredibly ignorant about the man and his ideas.
    You're right, I'm sorry about that. I should have added the prefix "Cultural" to the word "Marxist". "Critical theory" would do, too, but it's a bit less commonly known and didn't see the need to get into the weeds to make my general point. I wasn't referring to Nietzsche at all. Instead Adorno, Horkheimer, and of course Marcuse and his mates in US intelligence. I thought this board was mostly full of right wingers and libertarians and wasn't expecting a gentleman of such Los Angelan persuasion to so savagely pounce and hit me with the sperg. Apologies for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    On the later point, you do understand that when these ideals were cultivated, people other than white Europeans literally did not exist to any meaningful extent within European borders, right? White people, quite literally, ruled supreme during the formation of liberal democracy as an ideal, so saying that these foundations are "just an expression of white supremacy" is a fairly straight-forward statement of fact.
    I certainly do understand the demography of America at the time of its was 99.9% ethnic white European, the implications of this for society and I also understand the context in which the Naturalization Act of 1790, and its later revisions, was written. This really is pilpul, chap. It is indeed a statement of historical fact - very clever. It is also clearly being employed as politically loaded language by the left to describe your nation as inherently exploitative and evil today specifically due to its whiteness. It is being recruited as justification for dismantling the whole system through policy change, or failing that, just good old fashioned anarchy. This is what has whipped up the mob, not historical demography stats from 200 years ago.

This is an idea I am strongly opposed to, not least because nobody seems to have a good idea about what kind of model they plan to replace outmoded America with, or even do with the people who resist this proposed change.

I'm also opposed to this idea because it is exactly is the same lie being trotted out by the left in here in Europe. My country is labelled by the left as a white supremacist tyranny not simply because our demographics were, factually, also 99.98% white European until just after WW2 (see the 1948 British Nationality Act and Empire Windrush), but supposedly because our colonial history and our role in the Transatlantic slave trade informs every decision we make in 2020. They tell us Brits we basically only continue to exist in the world, as a folk, due to our appetite for the exploitation of others.

The only difference is we're not being murdered and burned out of our homes and places of work in our cities tonight for this reason, unlike yourselves. Our military is not being ordered by their higher-ups to kneel and submit before a crowd of baying leftists and instagram teenyboppers role-playing having opinions. No British government officials are publicly celebrating their progress in actually divesting our police force (whether symbolic, or not).

To see your cities on fire, and people injured and killed by the mob, and to then hear how your government actually thinks the left's proposal to gradually dismantle the police is a pretty good solution to police violence... it's like they've just everyone a free 12-day sneak-preview pass of the future they have in store for America, just so you can get comfortable with the idea.

Maybe because our constitution is not contained within a single code, it may, or may not be more difficult for the left to dismantle us. Our historically illiberal, imperialistic and satanically cruel culture and bloodthirsty genetic makeup may actually mean our police and military are in a better position to avoid worrying about the bad optics and more effectively employ extreme illiberality to crush dangerous anarchic violence. This is the reason for stating America is a cautionary tale. Its liberalism, and its refusal act illiberality on domestic issues, even when it is needed most, is not something to be copied. As European nations become more artificially socially divided due to mass immigration, and the left continues to fan the flames of hatred and division between the races even more, I hope we choose a different way. I hope our political right has more to offer than "b-b-but the left are the real racists! Look, black voter base, we're kneeling, too! Black unemployment DOWN!" I kind of doubt it, though.

We could get into the relevant statistics which should be driving the debate about US police brutality and race, but for some reason this data is just being ignored. It is ironically readily available from the Washington Post, but the right leaning folks will have already read the figures with dismay and if you're a leftist you're probably just not interested. What I will say about the way the left has employed cultural Marxism to create division and chaos is this:

In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, not to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is...in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control..” - Theodore Dalrymple

It's funny how, when words had meaning, a white supremacist used to be someone who openly said they hated non-white people. Tonight, in America, someone will be labelled a white supremacist and a brick will be put through their window, or skull, for simply not stating they hate white people when commanded to do so, and with a suitable level of deference.

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting a creeping reminder of Seven Days in May? Even if it is June. So far it's retired flag rank officers, but those guys have done in elected governments around the world more than a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else getting a creeping reminder of Seven Days in May? Even if it is June. So far it's retired flag rank officers, but those guys have done in elected governments around the world more than a few times.
    Good one. We're watching "Olympus has Fallen" now. Seems similarly creepy.

This is a good summary of this very shitty situation: Rebuttal to Brown Univ.’s Letter Decrying Pervasive Racism in U.S.

They write sentences such as this: “We have been here before, and in fact have never left.” Really? This is nothing but propaganda. Is it supposed to be self-evident that every death of an “unarmed black man” at the hands of a white person tells the same story? They speak of “deep-rooted systems of oppression; legacies of hate.” No elaboration required here? No specification of where Brown might stand within such a system? No nuance or complexity? Is it obvious that “hate”—as opposed to incompetence, or fear, or cruelty, or poor training, or lack of accountability, or a brutal police culture, or panic, or malfeasance—is what we observed in Minneapolis? We are called upon to “effect change.” Change from what to what, exactly?

Looks like we'll see a tenured faculty fired. Yury Besminov's prediction looks awfully strong right about now.

UCF professor compares black people to Asians in controversial tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And this may be the most condensed version of the problem I've seen on video. https://twitter.com/i/status/1268580569430048768 Count the problems here. I'll bet Karen's car didn't have BLM scratched into the paint.
    They should have followed the driver to her home, spray painted "BLM" and "FTP" all over her house, and then told her to not touch it, otherwise she is a racist.

starting strength coach development program
    Twitter: NC Racetrack fully operational...as protests
    A racetrack in North Carolina is holding races again with full audience attendance by calling the race a “PEACEFUL protest of injustice and inequality everywhere.”

North Carolina is still in strict coronavirus lockdown mode.
    A gym that doesn't hold daily peaceful protests of injustice and inequality is...racists. Just sayin