starting strength gym
Page 378 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2783283683763773783793803884284788781378 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    Fair point, but many Texas Republicans condemned Nielsen's post, and the Republican governor has denounced other Republicans for their own posts, saying through his spokesman, "These comments are disgusting and have no place in the Republican Party or in public discourse." Two other state Republicans were asked to resign by Governor Abbott.

As to me, please don't be so quick to accuse. I had expected Nielsen to defend himself by saying he was only promoting a healthy diet.
    Yes, Darrow, as we have said many times here, politicians are pieces of shit.

Now, everyone else please watch this important thing from Tucker Carlson: YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    Another gym owner being sued for opening their gym.

DuPage Health Department suing Wheaton gym owner who reopened fully
    Sorry for the situation up North, but down South here in next door Williamson County, The Den is open and going strong without interference. The owner is pretty relaxed about clean up. I'm probably the most careful there I've seen so far. There are Lysol wipes and sprays everywhere and I use them on the bars, equipment, and plates when done. Just to make sure if he gets dinged, it won't be for something I failed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    Nah, you've got it backwards. This is a brilliant inversion of the race rhetoric.
    Really I think every gym owes it to the movement to open up in support of black lives matter.

I think The Commander is onto something here.

And more from the Media: National Guard to begin withdrawal out of DC, Trump says | FOX 5 DC

Tensions reached their peak Monday, when troops tear-gassed protesters and beat them with batons to clear the way for a presidential photo opportunity at St. John's Church, which was set on fire the night before.
    Gassed and beat them. Right.

The president attempted to frame himself as a "Law & Order" president, but the stunt quickly drew condemnation from many, even former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, as a bastardization of the protesters' 1st Amendment rights.
    The "stunt." Note that this is a Fox affiliate.

CrossFit is rapidly dissolving after its founder tweeted “It’s FLOYD-19”.

For some historical perspective, award-winning documentarian Frederick Wiseman made a film in 1968 titled "Law and Order," in which his cameras followed the Kansas City Police Department. Here is a clip: YouTube

Note the officer attacking the neck, an action that resonates in American popular culture at least as far back as the Billie Holiday song "Strange Fruit" in 1939. Mark Twain said history doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think The Commander is onto something here.
    Hey, what empowers black lives more than making them stronger and therefore harder to kill? It's only logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    CrossFit is rapidly dissolving after its founder tweeted “It’s FLOYD-19”.
    That's Glassmanese for "They are both designed to do the same thing." You don't understand what he's saying?

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    For some historical perspective, award-winning documentarian Frederick Wiseman made a film in 1968 titled "Law and Order," in which his cameras followed the Kansas City Police Department. Here is a clip: YouTube
    Yes Darrow, as we have said many times here, this is Cop Shit. It's been around a long time, and it doesn't just happen to black people. But congratulations for not missing the bandwagon with your jump.

COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Now, everyone else please watch this important thing from Tucker Carlson: YouTube
    That piece is pretty silly. Almost everything presented is either patently false, grossly misrepresented, or taken horribly out of context. And that cult analogy is just trash. He does a decent job of defining a cult, but then presents no evidence at all that 'allyship' or 'race traitors' or whatever it is exactly that he's railing against meets any of the criteria he's just laid out. Also, cults have leaders, as in a singular figurehead, so just no--the cult analogy is a total fail.

Interestingly, one of the parts they get most correct is that Morozov is nothing more than a "story"; a fictional parable along the lines of Horatio Alger. But then Carlson quickly obfuscates this fiction, portraying it as historical fact and throws in some lies about Stalin being involved at all to really get a reaction from people, just for good measure. Sly like a Fox, as they say.

Normally I'll take or leave Carlson, but he's really got his clown costume on here. Not his finest work.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Really I think every gym owes it to the movement to open up in support of black lives matter.
    10/10. You get a free SSLA t-shirt for this post, once production of t-shirts is allowed to resume.

starting strength coach development program
    The "stunt." Note that this is a Fox affiliate.
    Am I missing something here or do you not think that visiting that church for a brief photo op was not a 'stunt'? We quite literally call these, 'publicity stunts' out here in LALA land, so that's seems like a pretty straight-forward and accurate description of what happened. You don't actually think that was an earnest visit to a closed and boarded-up house of worship for a solemn Monday prayer with a borrowed bible, do you...?