starting strength gym
Page 379 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 2793293693773783793803813894294798791379 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 30185

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I don’t understand Glassmanese. But I do know it takes about 2 weeks for businesses to start using these crises as cover for their own agendas. Deposing CF HQ has been the agenda of many. (As you know.)

Additional food for thought is available in studies over at least thirty years that have found large disparities in hiring of people with identical educations and backgrounds, but whose names, and sometimes addresses, are associated with different ethnic groups. Study: anti-black hiring discrimination is as prevalent today as it was in 1989 - Vox One wonders whether police officers, who live in the same culture, aren't subject to the same biases that appear to persist in the society at large.

Not intending to excuse the cop's actions, but it turns out George Floyd has a criminal history, including one that involved him forcing his way into the home of a pregnant woman and threatening to shoot her in the belly if she didn't give him all her money and valuables. As has been mentioned, the cop possibly knew Floyd and if he did, he knew what kind of man he was dealing with and didn't care if his arrest was a little harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    Am I missing something here or do you not think that visiting that church for a brief photo op was not a 'stunt'? We quite literally call these, 'publicity stunts' out here in LALA land, so that's seems like a pretty straight-forward and accurate description of what happened. You don't actually think that was an earnest visit to a closed and boarded-up house of worship for a solemn Monday prayer with a borrowed bible, do you...?
    I think that calling it a "stunt" in a "news" story tells you quite a bit about the "news."

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    Additional food for thought is available in studies over at least thirty years that have found large disparities in hiring of people with identical educations and backgrounds, but whose names, and sometimes addresses, are associated with different ethnic groups. Study: anti-black hiring discrimination is as prevalent today as it was in 1989 - Vox One wonders whether police officers, who live in the same culture, aren't subject to the same biases that appear to persist in the society at large.
    Do you actually believe this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That's Glassmanese for "They are both designed to do the same thing." You don't understand what he's saying?
    Crossfit’s affiliations certainly appear to be dissolving. (Glassman doubled down!) There’s so much feelz in people’s twits against him. Such feeling and woked-ness. Then it hits. (Here. We. Go.)

Not all black lives matter to the woke.

Abortion: The overlooked tragedy for black Americans – Arizona Capitol Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Not intending to excuse the cop's actions, but it turns out George Floyd has a criminal history, including one that involved him forcing his way into the home of a pregnant woman and threatening to shoot her in the belly if she didn't give him all her money and valuables. As has been mentioned, the cop possibly knew Floyd and if he did, he knew what kind of man he was dealing with and didn't care if his arrest was a little harsh.
    None of that matters. All victims for the cause undergo instant canonization and hence have died with an odor of sanctity. As Msgr. Lenihan once explained canonization to me.

Am I missing something here or do you not think that visiting that church for a brief photo op was not a 'stunt'? We quite literally call these, 'publicity stunts' out here in LALA land, so that's seems like a pretty straight-forward and accurate description of what happened. You don't actually think that was an earnest visit to a closed and boarded-up house of worship for a solemn Monday prayer with a borrowed bible, do you...?
    I just watched CSPAN’s video of this.

The cynical will call it a stunt, and will miss it entirely.

I see it as intentionally symbolic, and meant to inspire and guide. You know, the leader of the free world using traditional imagery? For someone with such a flawed past as him to do that, means he has absolutely massive balls. And, ironically, indicates an amazing independence, immune to others’ opinion of him. That is strength and humility, not conceit.

I’ve heard sympathetic newscasters call Lafayette a good gesture poorly executed. I don’t see the poor execution. Lack of polish perhaps. But that’s a virtue. It appears he did what he thought was right, unscripted.

Let’s have more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    None of that matters. All victims for the cause undergo instant canonization and hence have died with an odor of sanctity. As Msgr. Lenihan once explained canonization to me.
    Hence the need for a Devil’s Advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I see it as intentionally symbolic, and meant to inspire and guide. You know, the leader of the free world using traditional imagery? For someone with such a flawed past as him to do that, means he has absolutely massive balls. And, ironically, indicates an amazing independence, immune to others’ opinion of him. That is strength and humility, not conceit.
    This was my take on it, Noah. But I don't hate the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    It turns out that, while the length of time involved (the video i saw was extremely short) or some other factor may be in play to make this case abnormal and excessive, the knee on neck thing was a standard protocol in MPD and had been used over 200 times last year without a death, so there was no reason for it not to be used or to expect that it was dangerous.

One autopsy stated that Floyd had severe heart issues and had meth and Fentanyl in his system, which could have easily caused him to die simply from the panicked stress of knowing that he was screwed and going to jail.

This goes into a bunch of detail that has made me entirely rethink whether there is actually any guilt on the part of any of the officers. Mostly I don't give a shit because it is a rare problem that is also a local one. But the optics were great for stirring the pot so.....

I've basically gone from piece of shit kills innocent man to piece of shit kills piece of shit to cop may have contributed to a piece of shit's death, but it is likely unrelated to his knee being on his neck and he is likely not guilty of anything much at all.

starting strength coach development program
    That piece is pretty silly...
    It’s a version of Wokeness-as-cult. He’s not the first to say it. You disagree with the comparison, or just his rendition?

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I just watched CSPAN’s video of this.

The cynical will call it a stunt, and will miss it entirely.

I’ve heard sympathetic newscasters call Lafayette a good gesture poorly executed. I don’t see the poor execution. Lack of polish perhaps. But that’s a virtue. It appears he did what he thought was right, unscripted.

Let’s have more of that.

Hence the need for a Devil’s Advocate.
    And now for something completely different, from Gadfly Vigano.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lifesite/Op...nald_Trump.pdf