starting strength gym
Page 390 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2903403803883893903913924004404908901390 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    One challenges you to cite a single source, or a single piece of video, in which a "crazy" person appeared in any way to "storm" the White House. One cues the crickets, and waits, and waits, and waits.....
    Because they were prevented from doing so. By guards. Let's just force every place with security guards to let them go until a situation where a guard is needed comes up. I've gotta ask though, what are you even doing here man? It's a cliche question, but I'm asking for a different reason: do you even lift?

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    ...you want me on that (insightful, irrefutable, often humorous) wall, you need me on that wall!"
    Also...did you just declare yourself humorous?

[QUOTE=Kitsuma;1775695]10 second google brings up a source that you (and only you) will respect:
    CNN: More than 60 Secret Service officers and agents were injured near the White House this weekend
    They burned a church that Trump walked to from the white house. How do you know bad apples did not intend to burn the White House or worse?

I read the citation carefully, and while the words "near the White House" do appear, one finds no suggestion whatsoever anyone tried to "storm" the White House. As to the church, Attorney General Barr said he ordered the private, nameless, unidentified military-clad federal agents to "move the perimeter," just before the occupant of the barricaded People's (White) House could walk across to the church. I wish it were different, but facts are stubborn things.

Darrow, stop trolling or I will delete you.

Anyone else see the liberal news editors being forced to resign at liberal papers like the Philadelphia Inquirer and New York Times this past week? Even the liberals aren’t liberal enough anymore.

In other news Black Lives Matter ideology is demanding large corporations lacking diversity in leadership roles institute more equitable outcomes for minorities while also donating hundreds of millions of dollars to black communities or, I assume, face public backlash and denunciation as racist.

Wouldn’t it be mathematically impossible for equal distribution of jobs if blacks only make up 13% of the population? How is 50/50, or 33/33/33 if we include hispanics, equitable? Wouldn’t that be a disproportionate distribution?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We all agreed about this today.
    Glassman has lined up a few hills to die on. Why choose this one?

Dave Castro is now CrossFit CEO. Still no word on ownership.

Darrow, stop trolling or I will delete you.
    Just to clarify, by "trolling" do you mean disagreeing with and proving wrong other posters? I ask this sincerely. I am honestly not that experienced on the internet, and what I read here seems to be lacking much in the way of limits. Why me?

Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.
    Dat's you, son.

Dat's you, son.
    I will honestly try to do better, but I struggle to see how what I do is different from like....basically everybody else here. That said, I'll do better.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
    Anyone else see the liberal news editors being forced to resign at liberal papers like the Philadelphia Inquirer and New York Times this past week? Even the liberals aren’t liberal enough anymore.

In other news Black Lives Matter ideology is demanding large corporations lacking diversity in leadership roles institute more equitable outcomes for minorities while also donating hundreds of millions of dollars to black communities or, I assume, face public backlash and denunciation as racist.

Wouldn’t it be mathematically impossible for equal distribution of jobs if blacks only make up 13% of the population? How is 50/50, or 33/33/33 if we include hispanics, equitable? Wouldn’t that be a disproportionate distribution?
    My hot take/prediction is that at some point the ouroboros these people have conjured up is going to to start devouring more and more of them. Trudeau and Northam have somehow managed to shrug off their blackface incidents, but a lot of the media types don't have the clout necessary to brush it off when they fall out of line.

As nice and flowery as all the "equity" stuff sounds, from a practical standpoint it's impossible to put into practice fairly. Most Americans are mongrels in terms of ethnicity. If a person is a quarter black, half hispanic, one-eigth German and one-eight who knows what, how does the government decide what to do? People would have to go through the equivalent of divorce court to sort all that BS out.

Fairness and equality aren't the real goals of the people in charge of these protests. It's just another power grab, plain and simple.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    Most Americans are mongrels in terms of ethnicity. If a person is a quarter black, half hispanic, one-eigth German and one-eight who knows what, how does the government decide what to do? People would have to go through the equivalent of divorce court to sort all that BS out.
    The Third Reich had a method, I'm sure. We could just use that, if we really think it's a good idea. But you won't like where that goes.