starting strength gym
Page 391 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2913413813893903913923934014414918911391 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The Third Reich had a method, I'm sure. We could just use that, if we really think it's a good idea. But you won't like where that goes.
    IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation

I'm sure G00gle would welcome the project this time.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Because they were prevented from doing so. By guards.
    To say they were "prevented" implies that at a single one of them ever demonstrated the intention to "storm" the White House. For example, I can tell myself that my extremely strong elephant fencing "prevents" my home in the U.S. from being "stormed" by a herd of elephants, but is that elephant fence really necessary? Not to mention the peaceful protestors in Lafayette Square weren't just "prevented" from "storming" the White House, they were confronted en masse by officers with shields, batons, and chemical "pepper balls," in order to, as William Barr said, "move the perimeter" so (I honestly can't bring myself to type that name) could walk to a church, an action the pastors about which the pastors-- who were not there and not consulted -- later made known their complete disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    My hot take/prediction is that at some point the ouroboros these people have conjured up is going to to start devouring more and more of them. Trudeau and Northam have somehow managed to shrug off their blackface incidents, but a lot of the media types don't have the clout necessary to brush it off when they fall out of line.

As nice and flowery as all the "equity" stuff sounds, from a practical standpoint it's impossible to put into practice fairly. Most Americans are mongrels in terms of ethnicity. If a person is a quarter black, half hispanic, one-eigth German and one-eight who knows what, how does the government decide what to do? People would have to go through the equivalent of divorce court to sort all that BS out.

Fairness and equality aren't the real goals of the people in charge of these protests. It's just another power grab, plain and simple.
    I hear what you’re saying but what concerns me is how companies are reacting this. The company I work for has for years been spending money to the the tune of tens of millions of dollars into black universities, management and leadership training, and other programs that lead to job placement in my industry. So I partially disagree. I think equity is what people on the far left are looking for - it’s all I read and hear locally.

Also besides safety, “diversity and inclusion” is the next most talked about topic. We have a whole diversity and the inclusion department focused on”equitable” outcomes. Furthermore your exact genetic break down is irrelevant. People partially black identify as African American. People partially hispanic identify with being Mexican American and there is absolute no room to question these facts under the new liberal orthodoxy. It’s kind of a tough situation when all we’re being told is to have a dialogue with black co-workers about their experiences with injustice but don’t dare question any of it. I can’t afford to speak out - I would fear losing my job or at the very least not be considered for other positions or advancement - what would I have to gain?

Good lord, darrow. If you think that the protesters wouldn't have "stormed" the white house given half the chance, you're delusional. And I'm saying that as a self described liberal who's actually taken part in BLM protests over the last several years.

I try to read everyone's posts, but in the case of Darrowdisciple, I've been skipping. However, as I clicked on page 389, I didn't look at the poster's name. Half way through the post, it was so weird, I stopped reading and realized my mistake. I'd ask “Who are you? But I really don't want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    Good lord, darrow. If you think that the protesters wouldn't have "stormed" the white house given half the chance, you're delusional. And I'm saying that as a self described liberal who's actually taken part in BLM protests over the last several years.
    Perhaps it's best to inquire of people who were there, say...members of the National Guard. One sample from many direct quotes in the following story:We're sorry, but that page cannot be found - POLITICO "As a military officer, what I saw was more or less really f---ed up. The crowd was loud but peaceful, and at no point did I feel in danger, and I was standing right there in the front of the line. A lot of us are still struggling to process this, but in a lot of ways, I believe I saw civil rights being violated in order for a photo op."

As I've said. Facts are stubborn things.

USAPL rule update:
    All athletes, officials, coaches, and spectators must wear masks, before, during, and following competition.

Because no one ever gets out of breath at a powerlifting competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Because no one ever gets out of breath at a powerlifting competition.
    USAPL already used up their "broken clock" limit when they got the transgender thing right. Not unexpected that they would mess this up.

sb

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
    I hear what you’re saying but what concerns me is how companies are reacting this. The company I work for has for years been spending money to the the tune of tens of millions of dollars into black universities, management and leadership training, and other programs that lead to job placement in my industry. So I partially disagree. I think equity is what people on the far left are looking for - it’s all I read and hear locally.

Also besides safety, “diversity and inclusion” is the next most talked about topic. We have a whole diversity and the inclusion department focused on”equitable” outcomes. Furthermore your exact genetic break down is irrelevant. People partially black identify as African American. People partially hispanic identify with being Mexican American and there is absolute no room to question these facts under the new liberal orthodoxy. It’s kind of a tough situation when all we’re being told is to have a dialogue with black co-workers about their experiences with injustice but don’t dare question any of it. I can’t afford to speak out - I would fear losing my job or at the very least not be considered for other positions or advancement - what would I have to gain?
    Fair points. I'll agree a lot of people protesting and advocating do actually want "equality and diversity". I still think there are elements within these movements who take a more practical view of things.

Thankfully I've worked almost exclusively for small businesses with a single owner so I've managed to miss out on most of the reconditioning they try to put you guys through.

My take on the conpanies that shell out money for this kind of garbage is that it's some modern form of indulgences; shell out money right now and buy your way out of the future purgatory the left will put you through. Maybe extortion is the more accurate term.