starting strength gym
Page 394 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2943443843923933943953964044444948941394 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Someone mentioned Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization I once respected many many years ago.
    The I learned their modus operandi. They post a list of organizations they categorize as (how shall I say this)...uninclusive.

One org that I like, Mises Institute, is a free market, Austrian economics, libertarian think tank.
    Yet the SPLC has branded than as haters, based on zero evidence. I know there is zero evidence because I read virtually everything they put out. Absolutely shameless of SPLC.

Quote Originally Posted by georger View Post
    This is a pretty chilling - though not that surprising - description of what's wrong with policing in America:

Confessions of a Former Bastard Cop - Officer A. Cab - Medium

I'd be super interested in your all's take on it -- especially those of you with time served.
    Haven't served. Note that the author is anonymous. Article is so over the top I don't believe it was written by a real cop.

This is a pretty chilling - though not that surprising - description of what's wrong with policing in America:

I'd be super interested in your all's take on it -- especially those of you with time served.
    Reads like completely fabricated bullshit.

There are winners and losers in life, that's the natural order and that will never change.

Despite America's founding ideas of Christian universalism and subsequent egalitarianism, any patriotic American knows, and accepts, and owns the fact that the nation was hacked out of the hostile wilderness by people who brutally imposed their will on their natural surroundings, and others, in order to achieve their goals. And thank God they did, because it created one of the most successful civilizations in history.

So FUCK THEM. That's the conclusion I've come to after 2 weeks of soul searching. Just fuck them all. That is the only path available to you if you want to preserve what remains. It is illiberal, your ancestors acted illiberally, you just need to own it. There's no apology there. "We're not sorry", "We won", "We don't care you were oppressed".

Western civilization only exists because we won, and if anyone else wanted to outperform us, and not be subjugated, they just should have done better and won. It sounds harsh and brutal, but that's it. It doesn't require a difficult conversation, or complex explanation. That's the reality of human history. That's the antidote to all this fucking insanity.

Our ancestors built the monuments and statues and architecture that these people want to tear down, in a jealous hissy fit, because they were the winners of history and were glorifying their achievements. You're going to have to own the fact that you're on the winning side of history, or you'll be forced to wallow in the egalitarian, centrist quagmire. Virtual signalling how "fair" and "rational" your position is while you watch your world disappear. The centrist doesn't know whether to side with the losers or with the winners of history, but they don't realise they will never actually be accepted by the losers. When you cite the examples of oppression and hardships endured by your ancestor's, toiling in coalmines, slaves in the Industrial Revolution's workhouses, cannon fodder in The Great War, The Great Depression - you will be met with the cold, indifferent stare of the losers. You'll never be one of them.

I'm not talking about blacks, either. Blacks make up 13% of US population and a lot of them realise even the poorest American black person lives a life many, many times better than an Africans in Africa, and the reason is people who created their nation had a master morality, not a slave morality.

No, I am talking about the losers of history who are intent on having their astro-turfed, corporate-sponsored Revolution of Losers. "No justice, no peace"? They will never be satisfied, and will always be able to find someone being oppressed, so there will be perpetual war, perpetual violence and perpetual iconoclasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    There are winners and losers in life, that's the natural order and that will never change.
    . . .
    "The losers you will always have with(in) you."

Sounds Biblical!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jones View Post
    Haven't served. Note that the author is anonymous. Article is so over the top I don't believe it was written by a real cop.
    I have been a cop, and while there are some grains of truth in a little of what he wrote, the rest needs to be taken with many grains of salt.

Yeah, there are bad cops. Bastards even. I worked with a few and did what I could to damp out the worst of what they did when I was partnered with them. Mostly it was egging people into getting pissed enough to arrest them and sometimes physically handle them when it wasn't called for. Finally, I made a scene during a predeployment watch meeting by requesting another partner. It occasioned a sidebar discussion with the watch commander in his office, and while I didn't get any heat or get ostracized for it, the guy I complained about didn't get any discipline that I was aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    People posts images (having text) instead of text to Twitter to avoid getting censored.

Here's one that's interesting. Perhaps one of the MDs here will tell us if its bs or not. I type it below for your convenience:

The Twitter Image of above Text
    Idk, I’ve worn masks all day at work for days, if not weeks on end, but will admit the lowest quality mask I will wear is an n95 paper with the respirator in front, mostly because it won’t fog up my safety specs. But these people are wearing cloths and other bullshit over their face, so maybe it is possible. Either way I don’t think it’s good to wear them, especially since they are never even worn properly it seems and make people touch their face even more than if they didn’t have the fucking thing on

I "served" just a couple months shy of 15 years, and I with the exception of the (rather tedious) "white supremacy" nonsense the author drones on about several times, he's pretty spot-on. It isn't systemic racism, though a degree of that certainly does exist (just like it does everywhere). It's systemic, endemic to the culture of policing the author describes very well. The culture of the police is the problem.....the "us vs them" mentality. Two things I know.....the farther in my rear view mirror my time as a cop gets the happier I am (3 years gone now), and the regrets of being a part of it for so long, and of being so blind are proving to have quite the staying power. I think about it almost daily still. My personal "Road to Damascus" moment came during a chimo trial, but that was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Anyway, glad to be done with it, and shaking the dust from my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Someone mentioned Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization I once respected many many years ago.
    The I learned their modus operandi. They post a list of organizations they categorize as (how shall I say this)...uninclusive.

One org that I like, Mises Institute, is a free market, Austrian economics, libertarian think tank.
    Yet the SPLC has branded than as haters, based on zero evidence. I know there is zero evidence because I read virtually everything they put out. Absolutely shameless of SPLC.
    The SPLC is a hate group that goes around calling regular groups hate groups.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by CFinAK View Post
    I "served" just a couple months shy of 15 years, and I with the exception of the (rather tedious) "white supremacy" nonsense the author drones on about several times, he's pretty spot-on. It isn't systemic racism, though a degree of that certainly does exist (just like it does everywhere). It's systemic, endemic to the culture of policing the author describes very well. The culture of the police is the problem.....the "us vs them" mentality. Two things I know.....the farther in my rear view mirror my time as a cop gets the happier I am (3 years gone now), and the regrets of being a part of it for so long, and of being so blind are proving to have quite the staying power. I think about it almost daily still. My personal "Road to Damascus" moment came during a chimo trial, but that was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Anyway, glad to be done with it, and shaking the dust from my feet.
    All that said, I'll be the first to admit that I am not the most unbiased person when it comes to LE. I have a problem with the police, as in I do not like them. Similar to the author of the article. So what I'm saying is probably worth exactly what you paid for it....