starting strength gym
Page 397 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2973473873953963973983994074474978971397 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    The "police problem" isn't new. Why hasn't the "police problem" been addressed locally by the local government who hires/fires/manages the local police? Why can't local government address the problem now without completely defunding law enforcement?

Why do people pretend this is a "Trump problem"? He has nothing to do with your shitty local police?
    What's more Minneapolis, and all the other big cities with the big protests are run and have been run by dems for decades. Maybe the problem is not the police.

Quote Originally Posted by georger View Post
    Yes, David, I think that was the point. Did you read the title? There is a word play with confirming an oft repeated bit of graffiti that curses the cops, as you point out. Did you find the author's experience implausible? If plausible, do you disagree that it is a situation that needs to be addressed? Just curious. I really don't think the author was in any way trying to hide anything with his choice of pen names...
    And why would I give a shit, or especially bother to reply, to such bullshit? There are some of us concerned with the reality of the world as it is. Not as others deem it to be. How much more abject and utter failure must the reasonable endure from these murderous avatars of hubris and jealousy before we actually address the myriad of complex issues in front of us? Because policing isn't "an issue." It's a thousand, thousand issues piled up like a Jenga tower, and if we don't start there (including knowing when you have absolutely no idea and no solution to even one of those problems)... why...

whole cities might become unlivable bastions of tyranny, suffering and malevolence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    What's more Minneapolis, and all the other big cities with the big protests are run and have been run by dems for decades. Maybe the problem is not the police.
    Noot has something recent to say about that.

Newt Gingrich: Democrats must apologize – here's how they've failed America's cities

This is good. She seems to understand the fundamentals: Samantha Mason - #blacklivesmatter...only when they need...

And would somebody please explain what the fuck hostile is typing about?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And would somebody please explain what the fuck hostile is typing about?
    Bit of a brain-teaser, a bit James Joyce.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    whole cities might become unlivable bastions of tyranny, suffering and malevolence.
    Looks like the Pacific Northwest is well along the road to repeating the lessons of the Paris Communard.

Antifa takes over a chunk of Seattle, thus insuring lasting contempt for everything they stand for | Fr. Z's Blog

Portland residents' fury at mayor after clashes at protest over police shooting | Daily Mail Online

But then what would you expect from the epicenter of grunge?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    He intentionally hid part of his face and he used a pseudonym. What part of his identity wasn't he trying to hide?

If you got the cojones to say it, have the cojones to stand behind it and say who you are. Antifa and anarchists and more recently self selected sheep hide their faces. Someone with integrity does not.
    Yeah, the point I was making was that he wanted to obscure his identity and that his choice of pen names was not accidental - David made it sound like it was some sort of secret leftist code that he had unearthed for us all...

As to whether he needs to out himself -- huh, I don't consider myself a chicken-shit, but if you are going to make life difficult for what you are claiming is a despotic enemy with no accountability and a license to kill, I guess I'd use some subterfuge, as well. The comments section is full of those urging him to go somewhat in this direction -- finding a trusted third-party to verify the basic facts, or some like that. Others on the board seem to think the details he shares go pretty far in showing he isn't making it up -- and more than one self-declared police/former police officer backs him up in broad outline.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    And why would I give a shit, or especially bother to reply, to such bullshit? There are some of us concerned with the reality of the world as it is. Not as others deem it to be. How much more abject and utter failure must the reasonable endure from these murderous avatars of hubris and jealousy before we actually address the myriad of complex issues in front of us? Because policing isn't "an issue." It's a thousand, thousand issues piled up like a Jenga tower, and if we don't start there (including knowing when you have absolutely no idea and no solution to even one of those problems)... why...

If I follow you are complaining that his idea of where solutions might come from or how they might look/be implemented is your objection. I would say that is already progress, if we basically agree that he accurately describes an aspect of the problem. I know many people who would be shocked by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    There are winners and losers in life, that's the natural order and that will never change.

Despite America's founding ideas of Christian universalism and subsequent egalitarianism, any patriotic American knows, and accepts, and owns the fact that the nation was hacked out of the hostile wilderness by people who brutally imposed their will on their natural surroundings, and others, in order to achieve their goals. And thank God they did, because it created one of the most successful civilizations in history.

So FUCK THEM. That's the conclusion I've come to after 2 weeks of soul searching. Just fuck them all. That is the only path available to you if you want to preserve what remains. It is illiberal, your ancestors acted illiberally, you just need to own it. There's no apology there. "We're not sorry", "We won", "We don't care you were oppressed".

Western civilization only exists because we won, and if anyone else wanted to outperform us, and not be subjugated, they just should have done better and won. It sounds harsh and brutal, but that's it. It doesn't require a difficult conversation, or complex explanation. That's the reality of human history. That's the antidote to all this fucking insanity.

Our ancestors built the monuments and statues and architecture that these people want to tear down, in a jealous hissy fit, because they were the winners of history and were glorifying their achievements. You're going to have to own the fact that you're on the winning side of history, or you'll be forced to wallow in the egalitarian, centrist quagmire. Virtual signalling how "fair" and "rational" your position is while you watch your world disappear. The centrist doesn't know whether to side with the losers or with the winners of history, but they don't realise they will never actually be accepted by the losers. When you cite the examples of oppression and hardships endured by your ancestor's, toiling in coalmines, slaves in the Industrial Revolution's workhouses, cannon fodder in The Great War, The Great Depression - you will be met with the cold, indifferent stare of the losers. You'll never be one of them.

I'm not talking about blacks, either. Blacks make up 13% of US population and a lot of them realise even the poorest American black person lives a life many, many times better than an Africans in Africa, and the reason is people who created their nation had a master morality, not a slave morality.

No, I am talking about the losers of history who are intent on having their astro-turfed, corporate-sponsored Revolution of Losers. "No justice, no peace"? They will never be satisfied, and will always be able to find someone being oppressed, so there will be perpetual war, perpetual violence and perpetual iconoclasm.
    What are your thoughts on women getting to vote and gay folks getting to marry? Progress? A better society? Just more winners imposing their will on those who were opposed these developments?

I think your winners-and-losers view of the world is simplistic and, I suspect, very self-serving. I'm sorry you are tired of being asked to question the assumptions you cherish, but FUCK the assholes who think because they were born into privilege, at the expense of others equally underserving of the disadvantage that is thus imposed upon them, that they can just insist loudly and hold onto all their ill-gotten spoils.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    man I've got to stop by here more

its so quaint and charming how right-libertarians have managed to remain convinced that the "political and media classes" actually exist in the sense that they have values/goals that are distinct from those of the rest of the PMC

the crazy thing is that not only are most of you not dumb, you're actually not even ill-informed (some notable exceptions notwithstanding)... all of your lived experiences just get filtered through these very unique elements of your personal psychology such that this insane worldview takes form

this insane worldview where government bureaucrats making 50k a year to fiddle with excel and journalists who in the setting of covid have exist only as a mouthpiece for the american medical establishment are somehow the REAL villains.... while morally depraved doctors who use the crisis to consolidate their influence and expand the already maudlin cult of hero worship that surrounds their profession are just "good useful folks who deserve their wealth and status" and the billionaire class who capitalizes off of this crisis at the expense of honest, hardworking people are *shrug* just doing what good capitalists are supposed to

i love you guys... but you have worms in your brains i swear to god lmao
    I love you too. But, you really don't understand my worldview at all. Here's a starter for your fuckery-dough bread:

Salaries and Benefits of US Congress Members (they make less than $200k/year)
    But, somehow, their [public] net worth is:
    List of current members of the United States Congress by wealth

Many are lifelong members of government.

In Kitsuma's Theory of Fuckery, this mathematical contradiction has been reconciled. Many of these people are easily bought / blackmailed / controlled by transnational interests as are many of our permanent (Deep State) employees and, of course, our "media". What do you think Epstein's job was...really? Have you ever wondered why some of the book deals are so big for books that really don't sell?

And this is just the tip of the iceberg..the outer layers of the onion.

Your wheels should be turning..the fuckery dough rising. If not, to the ignore list you go, Sweety. You might be part of the 5% that will never see "it".

(I'll stop now)