COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 398

starting strength gym
Page 398 of 2309 FirstFirst ... 2983483883963973983994004084484988981398 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 23090

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #3971
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    335

    Default

    • starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    man I've got to stop by here more

    its so quaint and charming how right-libertarians have managed to remain convinced that the "political and media classes" actually exist in the sense that they have values/goals that are distinct from those of the rest of the PMC

    the crazy thing is that not only are most of you not dumb, you're actually not even ill-informed (some notable exceptions notwithstanding)... all of your lived experiences just get filtered through these very unique elements of your personal psychology such that this insane worldview takes form

    this insane worldview where government bureaucrats making 50k a year to fiddle with excel and journalists who in the setting of covid have exist only as a mouthpiece for the american medical establishment are somehow the REAL villains.... while morally depraved doctors who use the crisis to consolidate their influence and expand the already maudlin cult of hero worship that surrounds their profession are just "good useful folks who deserve their wealth and status" and the billionaire class who capitalizes off of this crisis at the expense of honest, hardworking people are *shrug* just doing what good capitalists are supposed to

    i love you guys... but you have worms in your brains i swear to god lmao

    Rip, I presume it's a polite, passive way of saying the world's problems are *too complex,* and our minds, filtered through our *anecdotal experiences,* are too simple to understand the NUANCE and COMPLEXITY of the world - of the gubmint putting us on mandatory unmandatory lockdown, and allowing looting, arson, riotings, and beatings to occur under the presumption of 1A expression, while the moms in parks expressing their 1A rights were locked up, and the churchgoers are still locked out completely.

    Please do correct me if my analysis of what you wrote is off, Mr. or Mrs. hostile.

  2. #3972
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    There are winners and losers in life, that's the natural order and that will never change . . . Western civilization only exists because we won . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LuciusSulla View Post
    I don’t think anyone on this thread has described the situation and context this perfectly. The resentful losers of history want to tear it all down. Who is going to stand up and be counted against them?
    I can't make heads are tails of the point you are making here and its relation to current events. That 'The West' won? Yes, I agree there, Western Democracy 'won.'

    But what is the connection to current events? You seem to be upset about people you don't like wanting to remove Confederate symbols ?

    Remind me again, who lost the Civil War?

    And the irony of complaining about losers, coming from the UK, that's impressive.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is good. She seems to understand the fundamentals: Samantha Mason - #blacklivesmatter...only when they need...
    Damn Samantha, my eyes are now open. We sure fell for it by voting. Got us. Never would have occurred to me to vote before this happened.

  3. #3973
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Damn Samantha, my eyes are now open. We sure fell for it by voting. Got us. Never would have occurred to me to vote before this happened.
    Hollis is obviously a racist.

  4. #3974
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Rip, I presume it's a polite, passive way of saying the world's problems are *too complex,* and our minds, filtered through our *anecdotal experiences,* are too simple to understand the NUANCE and COMPLEXITY of the world - of the gubmint putting us on mandatory unmandatory lockdown, and allowing looting, arson, riotings, and beatings to occur under the presumption of 1A expression, while the moms in parks expressing their 1A rights were locked up, and the churchgoers are still locked out completely.

    Please do correct me if my analysis of what you wrote is off, Mr. or Mrs. hostile.
    LOL okay I don't want to get TOO sucked in here, but this one deserves a response

    the people who tell you to shut up and sit down because they bought a very expensive degree and therefore ought to be deferred to at all times are the object of my ire

    the anti-credentialism (along with the power clean form checks) are the best thing this board has going for it, as a matter of fact

    my earlier comments are an expression of bafflement at the widespread contempt on this board for the following two groups:

    1) media

    2) low-level government bureaucrats

    these groups are the FUNCTIONARIES of the oppressive anti-egalitarian credentialist paradigm that dominates the 21st century labor market, and is indirectly responsible for the covid-19 economic catastrophe

    they are NOT the chief beneficiaries of the rotten system, and they are certainly not among the groups most responsible for its existence

    Have you ever thought about WHY doctors in the US make twice as much as they do in Europe, despite being worse at their jobs? Because they artificially inflate their salaries by instrumentalizing the state apparatus for the purpose of stifling competition. What is the ONLY GROUP IN THE WORLD other than the greedy docs themselves who benefits from this state of affairs? Why, the billionaire's and transnational corporations that are the united states government's primary constituency, of course!

    have you ever thought about WHY many states now require people who want to be firefighters and x-ray technicians pay dozens of thousands of dollars for a 4-year degree in which they will write literally thousands of words about Aristotle and Proudhon before studying anything even tangentially related to their chosen professions?

    hint: its not because people who like writing about aristotle and proudhon are so wily and clever that they've managed to deceive the world into thinking you have to be able to understand the western literary tradition in order to be an effective x-ray technician

    its because the political right, whether they run as dem or repubs, are united in their NEED to perpetuate the expensive, bloated, patently exploitative credentialing system that has given rise to figures like anthony fauci, who has become a living embodiement of the liberal tendency to adulate technocratic incompetence

    they need it because they exist to PRESERVE the class hierarchy from generation to generation

    they NEED to create a world where only people whose parents can buy them 4 years of school can work anywhere other than mcdonalds

    because if the middle class stops looking DOWN on the people below them.....

    ..... then they might start looking up

    .... and asking some very interesting questions; questions with answers that could change the future of human civilization

  5. #3975
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    . I'm sorry you are tired of being asked to question the assumptions you cherish, but FUCK the assholes who think because they were born into privilege, at the expense of others equally underserving of the disadvantage that is thus imposed upon them, that they can just insist loudly and hold onto all their ill-gotten spoils.

    Brother, I appreciate your passion, but with your SPECIFIC worldview, everything has to come crashing down for your "undeserving disadvantages" to be remedied and "undeserving privileges" to be "justly" ripped out of the White, Western man's hands.

    I appreciate your delving into this debate and putting your worldview out there to be dissected, but have you thought this through thoroughly? What parts of the world DON'T have borders or bounties that were taken (won) from others? Cuz you gotta apply your theory equally, is the point many are making, otherwise all you're promoting is a pathetic, hackneyed, Freshman Rhetoric 101, anti-White policy.

    Seriously, not just for you, JoeM, I'm really glad you jumped into the debate, but for Bernie Bros and the others out there looking for equal outcomes rather than equal opportunities, y'all really need to read some of the great Russian texts out there on the absurdity of ensuring equal outcomes, starting, of course, with Gogl's "Nos' " (The Nose). Or were you not aware of the already-failed attempt at your preferred economic system and worldview that all private property was ill-gained, and must be reacquired??

  6. #3976
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Being proud of your heritage is not hate, it is confidence.

    Enjoying the freedoms your ancestors died for is not ignorant, it is rational

    Preserving your culture is not taking ill-gotten gains, it is working to improve upon hard-earned gains through blood and sweat.

    Meritocracy is not racist, it is just.

    The history of a great nation is not weakness, it is strength

    Strength is not evenly distributed. Skill is not equally apportioned. Intelligence is not redistributed by government decree.

    Nobody deserves to steal from me.

    The strongest shall survive.

  7. #3977
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    There are winners and losers in life, that's the natural order and that will never change.

    Despite America's founding ideas of Christian universalism and subsequent egalitarianism, any patriotic American knows, and accepts, and owns the fact that the nation was hacked out of the hostile wilderness by people who brutally imposed their will on their natural surroundings, and others, in order to achieve their goals. And thank God they did, because it created one of the most successful civilizations in history.

    So FUCK THEM. That's the conclusion I've come to after 2 weeks of soul searching. Just fuck them all. That is the only path available to you if you want to preserve what remains. It is illiberal, your ancestors acted illiberally, you just need to own it. There's no apology there. "We're not sorry", "We won", "We don't care you were oppressed".

    Western civilization only exists because we won, and if anyone else wanted to outperform us, and not be subjugated, they just should have done better and won. It sounds harsh and brutal, but that's it. It doesn't require a difficult conversation, or complex explanation. That's the reality of human history. That's the antidote to all this fucking insanity.

    Our ancestors built the monuments and statues and architecture that these people want to tear down, in a jealous hissy fit, because they were the winners of history and were glorifying their achievements. You're going to have to own the fact that you're on the winning side of history, or you'll be forced to wallow in the egalitarian, centrist quagmire. Virtual signalling how "fair" and "rational" your position is while you watch your world disappear. The centrist doesn't know whether to side with the losers or with the winners of history, but they don't realise they will never actually be accepted by the losers. When you cite the examples of oppression and hardships endured by your ancestor's, toiling in coalmines, slaves in the Industrial Revolution's workhouses, cannon fodder in The Great War, The Great Depression - you will be met with the cold, indifferent stare of the losers. You'll never be one of them.

    I'm not talking about blacks, either. Blacks make up 13% of US population and a lot of them realise even the poorest American black person lives a life many, many times better than an Africans in Africa, and the reason is people who created their nation had a master morality, not a slave morality.

    No, I am talking about the losers of history who are intent on having their astro-turfed, corporate-sponsored Revolution of Losers. "No justice, no peace"? They will never be satisfied, and will always be able to find someone being oppressed, so there will be perpetual war, perpetual violence and perpetual iconoclasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    I can't make heads are tails of the point you are making here and its relation to current events. That 'The West' won? Yes, I agree there, Western Democracy 'won.'

    But what is the connection to current events? You seem to be upset about people you don't like wanting to remove Confederate symbols ?

    Remind me again, who lost the Civil War?

    And the irony of complaining about losers, coming from the UK, that's impressive.




    Damn Samantha, my eyes are now open. We sure fell for it by voting. Got us. Never would have occurred to me to vote before this happened.
    Australia actually. The complaint is against those who want to remove any historical monument that they find inconvenient to their (usually leftist) world view. The Parthenon was built with slave labour, so shall we pull that down too? George Washington owned slaves, is he going to be erased from your history too?

  8. #3978
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    LOL okay I don't want to get TOO sucked in here, but this one deserves a response

    the people who tell you to shut up and sit down because they bought a very expensive degree and therefore ought to be deferred to at all times are the object of my ire

    the anti-credentialism (along with the power clean form checks) are the best thing this board has going for it, as a matter of fact

    my earlier comments are an expression of bafflement at the widespread contempt on this board for the following two groups:

    1) media

    2) low-level government bureaucrats

    these groups are the FUNCTIONARIES of the oppressive anti-egalitarian credentialist paradigm that dominates the 21st century labor market, and is indirectly responsible for the covid-19 economic catastrophe

    they are NOT the chief beneficiaries of the rotten system, and they are certainly not among the groups most responsible for its existence

    Have you ever thought about WHY doctors in the US make twice as much as they do in Europe, despite being worse at their jobs? Because they artificially inflate their salaries by instrumentalizing the state apparatus for the purpose of stifling competition. What is the ONLY GROUP IN THE WORLD other than the greedy docs themselves who benefits from this state of affairs? Why, the billionaire's and transnational corporations that are the united states government's primary constituency, of course!

    have you ever thought about WHY many states now require people who want to be firefighters and x-ray technicians pay dozens of thousands of dollars for a 4-year degree in which they will write literally thousands of words about Aristotle and Proudhon before studying anything even tangentially related to their chosen professions?

    hint: its not because people who like writing about aristotle and proudhon are so wily and clever that they've managed to deceive the world into thinking you have to be able to understand the western literary tradition in order to be an effective x-ray technician

    its because the political right, whether they run as dem or repubs, are united in their NEED to perpetuate the expensive, bloated, patently exploitative credentialing system that has given rise to figures like anthony fauci, who has become a living embodiement of the liberal tendency to adulate technocratic incompetence

    they need it because they exist to PRESERVE the class hierarchy from generation to generation

    they NEED to create a world where only people whose parents can buy them 4 years of school can work anywhere other than mcdonalds

    because if the middle class stops looking DOWN on the people below them.....

    ..... then they might start looking up

    .... and asking some very interesting questions; questions with answers that could change the future of human civilization
    I think you'd find most people here actually agree with most of this. Your original assertion seemed to be that people here were letting those people off the hook in favor of government bureaucrats and the media, and I don't think that's the case. But the media and government bureaucrats are absolutely a functioning arm of what you're describing, and are absolutely responsible for their role in perpetuating it among the public. ESPECIALLY news media, whose job it's supposed to be to expose this shit. The only thing I'd hesitate to co-sign is calling it the "political right". I think the system you're highlighting includes both "right" and "left" elements, which you also basically admit by rightfully pointing out it pervades both major US political parties. Most refer to them as "elites" or "elitists" as a blanket term. Sometimes also "globalists", but I think that represents a more specific agenda that a lot of elites are behind, but not the entirety of elites.

  9. #3979
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    288

    Default

    It’s not going to feel right taking my kids to Al Sharpton Memorial Park

    https://i.imgflip.com/1uh31a.jpg

  10. #3980
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    ...

    1) media

    2) low-level government bureaucrats
    ...
    A fresh take on the problem. But I don’t see where you get #2. I think the focus here has been on the highest-level ‘crats.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •