starting strength gym
Page 399 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2993493893973983994004014094494998991399 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    I think your winners-and-losers view of the world is simplistic and, I suspect, very self-serving. I'm sorry you are tired of being asked to question the assumptions you cherish, but FUCK the assholes who think because they were born into privilege, at the expense of others equally underserving of the disadvantage that is thus imposed upon them, that they can just insist loudly and hold onto all their ill-gotten spoils.
    The status quo isn't validated because it is what happened when one side won. That's not what's being argued. Might doesn't make right.

What's being argued is that that is how every status quo has been arrived at. You cannot bitch that any particular nation was made by conquering others because that is how they all were made. It isn't oppressor vs victim it's winner vs loser.

So the current argument for tearing down any statue of anyone is an argument that calls for tearing the down every statue of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    ...but FUCK the assholes who think because they were born into privilege, at the expense of others equally underserving of the disadvantage that is thus imposed upon them, that they can just insist loudly and hold onto all their ill-gotten spoils.
    There's the magic words. "Born into privilege."

I never know if these people actually take the privilege/racism thing seriously, or if it's some ironic inside joke that I haven't quite figured out.

What an interesting discussion! Perhaps some of you will find this interview worthwhile reading re: Covid-19. Others, I'm sure, will consider it vile propaganda from a corrupt, phony "expert."

COVID-19: Straight Answers from Top Epidemiologist Who Predicted the Pandemic - Blue Zones

Here's a good Twitter thread from some dude who's covering the situation in Seattle. Sounds like the police are ready to bring. What's the over/under that this turns into Waco?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaxGeopol...04687400669184

The mayor of Seattle's response:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MayorJenn...25850160009216

You can't pay for this level of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    Here's a good Twitter thread from some dude who's covering the situation in Seattle. Sounds like the police are ready to bring. What's the over/under that this turns into Waco?

I can’t avoid the cliche thought that the instant-social media platforms are forcing unstable oscillations through positive feedback. It amplifies peoples uncertainties. Seems to me all involved powr-players would think and act differently if they were forced to live with their own quiet thoughts for longer than a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I can’t avoid the cliche thought that the instant-social media platforms are forcing unstable oscillations through positive feedback. It amplifies peoples uncertainties. Seems to me all involved powr-players would think and act differently if they were forced to live with their own quiet thoughts for longer than a moment.
    This is a very good point. We have created what is essentially a highly "artificial" social situation here, one to which no one is adapted under these circumstances of conflict. It will be interested to see if Seattle kills itself with Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by nykid View Post
    What an interesting discussion! Perhaps some of you will find this interview worthwhile reading re: Covid-19. Others, I'm sure, will consider it vile propaganda from a corrupt, phony "expert."

COVID-19: Straight Answers from Top Epidemiologist Who Predicted the Pandemic - Blue Zones
    It is merely wrong. But this king of wrong has been very expensive.

Given the limp response from state and local officialdom in Washington state, it looks like it's going to take Federal intervention a la Napoleon III's assault on the Paris Commune.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    The status quo isn't validated because it is what happened when one side won. That's not what's being argued. Might doesn't make right.

What's being argued is that that is how every status quo has been arrived at. You cannot bitch that any particular nation was made by conquering others because that is how they all were made. It isn't oppressor vs victim it's winner vs loser.

So the current argument for tearing down any statue of an yone is an argument that calls for tearing the down every statue of everyone.
    But your logic eats itself. The colonists tore down the statues of their British overlords, the "winners" today are tearing down the statues of the historical losers who have been used by their descendants to perpetuate an angry exclusion of those tearing down those statues. New winners in town and I guess you have no quarrel with them according to your argument. Those wishing to fly their confederate flags should consider themselves consigned to the dustbin of history and suck it.

Apparently, much of the internal communication within the Autonomous Zone in Seattle is done via reddit/twitter. Here's a regular guy (no ad hominem please) summarizing these posts in all their hilarity. You'll have to ignore the irritating animated background.

Summary: we're witnessing the greatest, fastest, most hilarious failure of communism right here in our own country

Youtube Start at 2:30 and over at 24:30 - Raz, Chaz, and the Fall of the Soy Caliphate of Antifastan

Woodside, CA (aka The San Francisco Bay Area or as I like to call it, the belly of the beast)

starting strength coach development program

chances of a Waco type result = ZERO
    There's no way the Trump administration Feds are rolling into downtown Seattle with tanks and helicopter gun ships and lighting 6 city blocks on fire killing everyone. Maybe, if Janet Reno was AG again and this was a peaceful group of Christians/Libertarians on their own property insisting on being left alone...