starting strength gym
Page 405 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3053553954034044054064074154555059051405 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    There's no theft in Antifastan, only unplanned donations.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eafsgh-UEAAqq6I

I’ve been out of the news cycle for some time. How’s this defunding of law enforcement going?

I thought the Covid response was obviously the worst policy in human history, but maybe defunding police has it beat?

An interesting Jewish perspective on the problem: My Fear | Matzav.com

And a rather amusing response to Gov. Cuomo: https://twitter.com/KarluskaP/status...59893562589185

Anthony Colpo addresses COVID-19 This is long but worth a read. Colpo is the best blogger you don’t know about.

Scientific Evidence Indicates COVID-19 Was Almost Certainly Made in a Laboratory – Anthony Colpo

It's always interesting to hear thoughtful, Western Jewish perspectives about identity politics, mass immigration, and the resulting disintegration of our Western societies.

After all, if the shit hits the fan for them in Europe and America, unlike in the 1930's it would now be realistically possible for world Jewry to relocate to Israel - with their ability to apply for Israeli citizenship based on their Jewish religious/ethnic ancestry. I think 6 million, of the total 14 million total Jews in the world, currently live in Israel.

Not that I would want to, though, if I were a third, fourth or fifth generation Jewish-American person presently doing very well myself in the US. However, it must be a comforting feeling to know there's an offer of a place of refuge for you, where 6 million people who share your religious and ethnic group-interests already exist, and your language/culture/beliefs/values are already dominant at the institutional level. It is, officially, already a Jewish ethno-state, since Netanyahu got the "Basic Law: Israel as the Nation-State of the Jewish People" adopted by the Knesset in 2018.

Netanyahu: “Israel is not a state of all its citizens,” he wrote in response to criticism from an Israeli actor, Rotem Sela. “According to the basic nationality law we passed, Israel is the nation state of the Jewish people – and only it."
    Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel is ‘not a state of all its citizens’ | World news | The Guardian

Even if you're a secular Jewish person living in the West, this might have a big effect on your worldview and general perspective. I can imagine it would for myself.

Unfortunately, for us white people of European ancestry, we do not have anywhere else to go. I mean, we should be star-hopping and seeking to establish off-world colonies by now, but unfortunately it seems the moment Western progress has lead to is a gay marriage, at a Star Wars convention, in an air-conditioned building in Nevada. We are home already.

David Coleman, of Oxford University, has modeled white British people will be a minority in the UK by 2066 - at current rates of fertility, birth-rate and immigration. It is difficult to imagine scenario in which native birth-rates start to boom in the present economic and social situation. In London, white ethnically-British people make up just 45% of the population now. I believe that data is from the 2011 census, so next year's census results will be eye-opening.

Just as I admire black people who have so effectively politically organised according to their racial group identity, I greatly admire Zionism and the level of sheer self-belief they have needed in order to achieve their stated goals - even across borders with their various political lobby groups. It is truly an efficient model of ethno-nationalist political and social ideology.

We have recently been strongly reminded that this precise type of race-based political organization and ideology is strictly off limits for white folks in liberal, egalitarian Western societies. For white people to do that it would be absolutely verboten because of our post-WW2 European moral paradigm of the Holocaust being our original sin... and for Americans, it's the confederacy and slavery which acts as their example of ultimate evil, and continues defines our limits of acceptable behaviour. I wonder if that will change in the next decade, as things continue to degrade...?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Unfortunately, for us white people of European ancestry...
    You, sir, have managed to stuff more ignorance and error in one introductory clause of a sentence than I have ever seen in my life. "Congratulations" doesn't seem quite the right sentiment, somehow, however.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    You, sir, have managed to stuff more ignorance and error in one introductory clause of a sentence than I have ever seen in my life. "Congratulations" doesn't seem quite the right sentiment, somehow, however.
    How about you actually address the issues you disagree with, like the rest of us do, instead of performing the standard leftist dance and assuming that everybody already agrees with you.

Matt, your post contains everything you're not supposed to talk about presented in a manner that offers no blame to any party mentioned.

I'm expecting my computer to explode shortly.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    It's always interesting to hear thoughtful, Western Jewish perspectives about identity politics, mass immigration, and the resulting disintegration of our Western societies.

After all, if the shit hits the fan for them in Europe and America, unlike in the 1930's it would now be realistically possible for world Jewry to relocate to Israel - with their ability to apply for Israeli citizenship based on their Jewish religious/ethnic ancestry. I think 6 million, of the total 14 million total Jews in the world, currently live in Israel.

Not that I would want to, though, if I were a third, fourth or fifth generation Jewish-American person presently doing very well myself in the US. However, it must be a comforting feeling to know there's an offer of a place of refuge for you, where 6 million people who share your religious and ethnic group-interests already exist, and your language/culture/beliefs/values are already dominant at the institutional level. It is, officially, already a Jewish ethno-state, since Netanyahu got the "Basic Law: Israel as the Nation-State of the Jewish People" adopted by the Knesset in 2018.

Netanyahu: “Israel is not a state of all its citizens,” he wrote in response to criticism from an Israeli actor, Rotem Sela. “According to the basic nationality law we passed, Israel is the nation state of the Jewish people – and only it."
    Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel is ‘not a state of all its citizens’ | World news | The Guardian

Even if you're a secular Jewish person living in the West, this might have a big effect on your worldview and general perspective. I can imagine it would for myself.

Unfortunately, for us white people of European ancestry, we do not have anywhere else to go. I mean, we should be star-hopping and seeking to establish off-world colonies by now, but unfortunately it seems the moment Western progress has lead to is a gay marriage, at a Star Wars convention, in an air-conditioned building in Nevada. We are home already.

David Coleman, of Oxford University, has modeled white British people will be a minority in the UK by 2066 - at current rates of fertility, birth-rate and immigration. It is difficult to imagine scenario in which native birth-rates start to boom in the present economic and social situation. In London, white ethnically-British people make up just 45% of the population now. I believe that data is from the 2011 census, so next year's census results will be eye-opening.

Just as I admire black people who have so effectively politically organised according to their racial group identity, I greatly admire Zionism and the level of sheer self-belief they have needed in order to achieve their stated goals - even across borders with their various political lobby groups. It is truly an efficient model of ethno-nationalist political and social ideology.

We have recently been strongly reminded that this precise type of race-based political organization and ideology is strictly off limits for white folks in liberal, egalitarian Western societies. For white people to do that it would be absolutely verboten because of our post-WW2 European moral paradigm of the Holocaust being our original sin... and for Americans, it's the confederacy and slavery which acts as their example of ultimate evil, and continues defines our limits of acceptable behaviour. I wonder if that will change in the next decade, as things continue to degrade...?
    I want to disagree with ethno-nationalist ideas, but lately it has become VERY hard to do. It feels like embracing diversity is embracing a guy with a knife who wants to stab you. I have to keep reminding myself that there are worthy people who aren't like this and it's wrong to condemn them to be stuck with the bad ones, even if the bad ones are apparently such a vast majority.