starting strength gym
Page 406 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3063563964044054064074084164565069061406 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Here's the "brainwashing" I received in my childhood.

Star Trek: Committed to Hatred

Youtube says "The video you have requested has been rated TV-14 and may contain content intended for mature audiences."
    I wonder why?

And BTW, the reason Democrats want to erase history and tear down statues of slave owners is....all those statues were Democrats. That's the nasty little secret. Please watch this 3 minute video - S'souza: Democrats & Slavery and then teach me why D'Souza is factually incorrect?

I want the statues up to remind everyone who the real racists are. Just put at the base of each statue a plaque with a single word: Democrat

The Democrat Party is the party of racism. That is the ONE characteristic that has never changed. The party is no longer anti-war or pro-privacy. But EVERYTHING is about race to Democrats...and they get very upset when Black people start to understand this fact.

I was taught the parties flipped after the Civil War. Well, I've since learned that was a con: The Party Switch - Dinesh D'Souza (3 minutes)

I wonder what happens if (when?) black people realize they've been conned...we've all been conned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post

Youtube says "The video you have requested has been rated TV-14 and may contain content intended for mature audiences."
    I wonder why?

And BTW, the reason Democrats want to erase history and tear down statues of slave owners is....all those statues were Democrats. That's the nasty little secret. Please watch this 3 minute video - S'souza: Democrats & Slavery and then teach me why D'Souza is factually incorrect?

I want the statues up to remind everyone who the real racists are. Just put at the base of each statue a plaque with a single word: Democrat

The Democrat Party is the party of racism. That is the ONE characteristic that has never changed. The party is no longer anti-war or pro-privacy. But EVERYTHING is about race to Democrats...and they get very upset when Black people start to understand this fact.

I was taught the parties flipped after the Civil War. Well, I've since learned that was a con: The Party Switch - Dinesh D'Souza (3 minutes)

I wonder what happens if (when?) black people realize they've been conned...we've all been conned.
    DR3 (Democrats are the Real Racists!) is not and is never going to work. The left does not care about their hypocrisy and have never had to answer for it, so why start caring?

That's why they can be so shamelessly hypocritical and why jackasses like JoeM a few posts ago speak only with emotionally charged rhetoric as opposed to dialectic. Shaming language/narratives works way better on the average person than dialectic argument, and shaming someone about their 'racism' or idiocy or morality etc has proven a much easier way to win than "well, ackshully, Democrats are the real racists".

This is why the Meme culture wars were so effective in getting Trump into the White House. They are rhetorical dynamite when used correctly.

Don't know if any of you are fans of college football, but there's a shit storm brewing, big time. Athletes are about to to get some of these high salary coaches fired (some cases justifiable).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    ...David Coleman, of Oxford University, has modeled white British people will be a minority in the UK by 2066 - at current rates of fertility, birth-rate and immigration. It is difficult to imagine scenario in which native birth-rates start to boom in the present economic and social situation. In London, white ethnically-British people make up just 45% of the population now. I believe that data is from the 2011 census, so next year's census results will be eye-opening...
    London is no longer a British city.

Do you think the majority of Bits support the policies that are being imposed upon them by the 55% non-British vote?

Do the majority of Brits in the country support what is happening in London? Shouldn't they have a say in the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    You, sir, have managed to stuff more ignorance and error in one introductory clause of a sentence than I have ever seen in my life. "Congratulations" doesn't seem quite the right sentiment, somehow, however.

JoeM, this ain't Reddit. And your quality of prose ain't gonna cut it.

You're going to have to try a little harder, or I'll just start daydreaming when you begin to troll and drone on and on about "ignorance" and Racism(!) without any explanation or even a single description of the offending opinion.

Woodside, CA (aka The San Francisco Bay Area or as I like to call it, the belly of the beast)

London is no longer a British city.

Hasn't been for a very long time

Robot Check

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    It's always interesting to hear thoughtful, Western Jewish perspectives about identity politics, mass immigration, and the resulting disintegration of our Western societies.

After all, if the shit hits the fan for them in Europe and America, unlike in the 1930's it would now be realistically possible for world Jewry to relocate to Israel - with their ability to apply for Israeli citizenship based on their Jewish religious/ethnic ancestry. I think 6 million, of the total 14 million total Jews in the world, currently live in Israel.

Not that I would want to, though, if I were a third, fourth or fifth generation Jewish-American person presently doing very well myself in the US. However, it must be a comforting feeling to know there's an offer of a place of refuge for you, where 6 million people who share your religious and ethnic group-interests already exist, and your language/culture/beliefs/values are already dominant at the institutional level. It is, officially, already a Jewish ethno-state, since Netanyahu got the "Basic Law: Israel as the Nation-State of the Jewish People" adopted by the Knesset in 2018.

Netanyahu: “Israel is not a state of all its citizens,” he wrote in response to criticism from an Israeli actor, Rotem Sela. “According to the basic nationality law we passed, Israel is the nation state of the Jewish people – and only it."
    Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel is ‘not a state of all its citizens’ | World news | The Guardian

Even if you're a secular Jewish person living in the West, this might have a big effect on your worldview and general perspective. I can imagine it would for myself.

Unfortunately, for us white people of European ancestry, we do not have anywhere else to go. I mean, we should be star-hopping and seeking to establish off-world colonies by now, but unfortunately it seems the moment Western progress has lead to is a gay marriage, at a Star Wars convention, in an air-conditioned building in Nevada. We are home already.

David Coleman, of Oxford University, has modeled white British people will be a minority in the UK by 2066 - at current rates of fertility, birth-rate and immigration. It is difficult to imagine scenario in which native birth-rates start to boom in the present economic and social situation. In London, white ethnically-British people make up just 45% of the population now. I believe that data is from the 2011 census, so next year's census results will be eye-opening.

Just as I admire black people who have so effectively politically organised according to their racial group identity, I greatly admire Zionism and the level of sheer self-belief they have needed in order to achieve their stated goals - even across borders with their various political lobby groups. It is truly an efficient model of ethno-nationalist political and social ideology.

We have recently been strongly reminded that this precise type of race-based political organization and ideology is strictly off limits for white folks in liberal, egalitarian Western societies. For white people to do that it would be absolutely verboten because of our post-WW2 European moral paradigm of the Holocaust being our original sin... and for Americans, it's the confederacy and slavery which acts as their example of ultimate evil, and continues defines our limits of acceptable behaviour. I wonder if that will change in the next decade, as things continue to degrade...?

Would like to correct some of the things you said here.
    1) That guy is part of a far right-wing sub-sector of the already outside-the-mainstream ultra-orthodox. Their approach to life shares waay more in common with Shariah law than mainstream american culture. Grouping a semi-observant jew like me with this clown or even Netanyahu is shockingly ignorant.
    2) He's not really "Western." He observes thousand year old rabbinic law that guides every second of his day. Moreover, his interpretation is pretty wacky. Its not even clear to me that this guy thinks that Israel has a right to exist before the Messiah returns.
    3) Please tell me how some middle easterners - who are largely non-observant share "religious and ethnic group-interests" with me or this Rabbi. And please tell me which interests I share with this rabbi or the average israeli.
    4) What "language/culture/beliefs/values" do I share with the rabbi or the typical israeli? I do not speak modern Hebrew and I can barely speak or read biblical hebrew (did you even know these languages are really different?) I got a shit ton more in common with my christian friends than some sabras.
    5) I hate Netanyahu as do many jewish americans and israelis.
    6) I love how you basically say that I am not a "white person of european ancestry." While Im jewish, i have fair hair, blue eyes, ligtht skin and my ancestors emigrated from Central and Southern Europe. Are you telling me I'm not white nor of european ancestry?

I'm a fucking american. This is where I'm from. Israel is a foriegn country to me. Western Europe is more similar to my culture than some tiny sliver of a place in the middle of the desert.
    I'll ignore the other stupid-ass ignorant shit you said, as the above is pretty bad by itself.

Not biased at all:

I wonder why?
    That was really one of the best episodes of the original series. It actually may be more relevant now than when it first aired.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Careful George, that is exactly what the Islamist faction of the leftist/antifia/BLM movement wants.
    As i wrote on Zuckerbag's site today: "I finds it funny that the same folks who think it is justified to ban flags and tear down monuments of Confederates because they are celebrating defeated slave owners don't apply that same standards to African Americans celebrating their heritage?

You know, those slave owners in Africa who were then then were defeated by fellow African slave owners and then sold to pretty much everyone, including fellow Africans, in the New World.

And what about all the monuments and celebrations to Native Americans across the country? I seem to recall a pretty large helping of whoop ass being dished out to them as well.

And they do know who won the Mexican-American war, right?

But it's never about the thing they claim it is about. They just want to destroy everything to build their utopias and will get to the blacks and latinos as soon as they they're done using them as props to play on the sympathies of decent, but ignorant people.

If it wasn't for double standards these scum would have no standards at all."

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I want to disagree with ethno-nationalist ideas, but lately it has become VERY hard to do. It feels like embracing diversity is embracing a guy with a knife who wants to stab you. I have to keep reminding myself that there are worthy people who aren't like this and it's wrong to condemn them to be stuck with the bad ones, even if the bad ones are apparently such a vast majority.
    The number I've heard thrown around is 4% for how large a minority group can get before it stops assimilating and starts competing.

I think true freedom of association would lead to more ethno-states, but you'd likely have some successful integrated ones too. The lack of this causes much more tension than necessary. Lots of people don't like lots of other people and they manage to avoid conflict by just not associating.

In spite of it being shit on these days, colonization often worked for everyone's benefit and, as has been mentioned here already, many of those poor oppressed souls would love their oppressors back. There is probably a bunch of stuff that could be learned about multicultural living from those cases, but that's a taboo inquiry. Who would even want to examine such things except a RACISS!!!!!?

Nah. The parties have very little in common with their former namesakes.

Everyone: North South, Black, White, and Red had slaves. Only 2% of northerners were abolitionists and they all hated blacks and wanted them sent back to Africa. The reason Lincoln and the rest of them didn't want slavery in the new territories was because they didn't want blacks there at all. Free OR slave.

The current trope of "The Democrats are the real party of racism!: may be true now, but it is complete bullshit when talking about the time around the war between the states. Slavery was not about race per se and the republican party's desire to end it had fuck all to do with concern for blacks.