starting strength gym
Page 407 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3073573974054064074084094174575079071407 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Israel is indeed a foreign country to you, Muntz. A foreign country which will grant you citizenship solely based on your Jewish identity, and is a self-declared ethno-state for Jews. I as a racially white, ethnically-English non-Jewish person would not be afforded the same offer of Israeli citizenship by birthright, therefore arbitrarily identifying yourself as just "white" does not change the fact you're a ethnic Jew. Whether you personally view yourself as "white" is also irrelevant to my point.

You sound, from your own description, like an Ashkenazi Jew. Ashkenazi Jews didn't just magically appear, out of nowhere, in parts of Europe sometime in the Middle Ages. Likewise, Sephardic Jews aren't just "Spanish" people or whatever, they are ethnic Jews. If I move my wife and baby son to China, my son is not then ethnically Chinese - he will remain ethnically English, regardless of his tastes, language, etc. Whether you feel Americanized, or dislike the Likud party, and the taste of hummus, is irrelevant.

As you'll know, Jews didn't revive Hebrew as a common spoken language until quite recently with the realization of Israel as a nation. Back in the days when Ashkenazi Jews in Germany spoke Yiddish in their daily lives, it didn't make them any less Jewish than a Hebrew speaking Jew of today. Anyway, it's all irrelevant because you not knowing Hebrew doesn't detract from my point at all.

In fact, everything you said sounds like you took things personally, and didn't grasp the point I was making. Yet again. You seem like you're either a bit slow, or so narcissistic/neurotic that you think if anyone mentions the word "Jew" they are must automatically be talking about you, as individual, specifically. Ashkenazi Jews are supposed to have higher than average verbal intelligence, Muntz. What the hell happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    6) I love how you basically say that I am not a "white person of european ancestry." While Im jewish, i have fair hair, blue eyes, ligtht skin and my ancestors emigrated from Central and Southern Europe. Are you telling me I'm not white nor of european ancestry?
    I've been genuinely confused over this lately and would appreciate some clarity because a lot of Jews don't call themselves white, in fact some Jews take offense to being called white whereas you seem to take offense to the notion that you aren't white. From the first article linked below:
    "Jews must respond with an equally determined insis­tence that we are not white, and that those who claim we are and exclude our history and literature from the newly emerging multicultural canon are our oppressors."
    The White Issue: “Jews Are Not White” | The Village Voice

We’re Jews, We’re Not White, We Define Ourselves

Muntz is racially a New Yorker, and a dense one.

Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenDonut View Post
    DR3 (Democrats are the Real Racists!) is not and is never going to work. The left does not care about their hypocrisy and have never had to answer for it, so why start caring?
    Perhaps a more credible source / presentation would work? Twitter: Black woman in the CHOP red-pills a white woman on the Demokkkratic party
    Don't miss this^

We'll never convert real leftists, but they actually only make up about 5% of the US population. The rest of the "leftists" are pretenders; they are just "Party Loyalists" or clueless college kids who vote Democrat no matter the platform. When they learn what really happened in Haiti, they'll abandon these racist sociopaths. ;-) You'll see

George Christiansen, you make good points and gave me facts to think about. I claim if you argue the Civil War was not 100% about Slavery, you'll lose every time because the victors wrote the history for NPR. It may be true, but you'll lose. And, You must admit, the above Redpilling at the CHOP is effective on that audience.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun
    That was really one of the best episodes of the original series. It actually may be more relevant now than when it first aired.
    I agree. We're going to watch that episode tonight if we can find a free source.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Israel is indeed a foreign country to you, Muntz. A foreign country which will grant you citizenship solely based on your Jewish identity, and is a self-declared ethno-state for Jews. I as a racially white, ethnically-English non-Jewish person would not be afforded the same offer of Israeli citizenship by birthright, therefore arbitrarily identifying yourself as just "white" does not change the fact you're a ethnic Jew. Whether you personally view yourself as "white" is also irrelevant to my point.

You sound, from your own description, like an Ashkenazi Jew. Ashkenazi Jews didn't just magically appear, out of nowhere, in parts of Europe sometime in the Middle Ages. Likewise, Sephardic Jews aren't just "Spanish" people or whatever, they are ethnic Jews. If I move my wife and baby son to China, my son is not then ethnically Chinese - he will remain ethnically English, regardless of his tastes, language, etc. Whether you feel Americanized, or dislike the Likud party, and the taste of hummus, is irrelevant.

As you'll know, Jews didn't revive Hebrew as a common spoken language until quite recently with the realization of Israel as a nation. Back in the days when Ashkenazi Jews in Germany spoke Yiddish in their daily lives, it didn't make them any less Jewish than a Hebrew speaking Jew of today. Anyway, it's all irrelevant because you not knowing Hebrew doesn't detract from my point at all.

In fact, everything you said sounds like you took things personally, and didn't grasp the point I was making. Yet again. You seem like you're either a bit slow, or so narcissistic/neurotic that you think if anyone mentions the word "Jew" they are must automatically be talking about you, as individual, specifically. Ashkenazi Jews are supposed to have higher than average verbal intelligence, Muntz. What the hell happened to you?
    You keep making weird, unfounded generalizations about jewish people. You confuse Israelis with Jews and vice versa. Also, don't tell me what my fucking ethnicity is.

1) That guy you quoted was not giving a "western jewish" perspective." He's just one guy from a weird sub-cult.
    2) I really do not feel that I share "religious and ethnic group-interests" or "language/culture/beliefs/values" with this guy or most Israelis any more than I do with most Americans or Brits.
    3) I don't feel "Americanized" I'm a fucking American. If you don't understand that, you don't understand America.
    4) Jews never revived Hebrew as a common spoken language. Israelis did. Israelis and Jews are not an identity.
    5) "Jews are supposed to have higher average verbal intelligence." Where did you get that from? XXX are supposed to have XXX is pure generalization, bordering on racism. Are we also all good with money? At one point in this country jews were viewed as natural basketball players.......look that one up.
    6) No. German jews did NOT speak Yiddish in their daily lives. They spoke german. In the 1800s it was pretty common for German and Austrian jews to be unfamiliar with both Yiddish and Hebrew. They were German in their minds (and their passports).

So, I dont care about your point. I care that you are generalizing about about a group of people you don't understand - both Jews and Americans. There is no such thing as an "ethnic" American. And the reason i'm responding is I refuse to be "othered" by ignorant fools. German jews thought they were German until they got "othered."

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    I've been genuinely confused over this lately and would appreciate some clarity because a lot of Jews don't call themselves white, in fact some Jews take offense to being called white whereas you seem to take offense to the notion that you aren't white. From the first article linked below:

The White Issue: “Jews Are Not White” | The Village Voice

We’re Jews, We’re Not White, We Define Ourselves
    I think the point is that someone else doesn't get to label me. I define myself.

All of my jewish friends view themselves as White and Jewish and New Yorker/South Carolinian/Georgian/whatever. It really doesn't matter, right?

The history of what is "White" in this country is fairly complicated. We (and I include myself here) are always trying to "other" different groups. If you read about it, its pretty interesting. 100 years ago, some Arabs were classified as White here and others weren't - seemingly based on pure chance. Ben Franklin wrote about how ethnic Germans were bad for our country, except for the ones of "Saxon" descent.

Last point on this from me, as whether Muntz wants an Israeli passport or not is neither here nor there. You "not caring what the point is" and but feeling the need to wade in regardless, and then casually accusing people of "racism", is the standard M.O of the left, I get it.

As for Ashkenazi intelligence: Ashkenazi Jewish intelligence - Wikipedia It's hardly The Culture of Critique we're talking about. You accused me of racism (and appealed directly to Rip about it in order to censor me...) several pages ago, when I described how the different races pursue their own group interests, and have an in-group preference, so you might struggle with that wiki, too. I don't think you're going to be able to talk about race in strictly evolutionary terms without wetting your knickers and calling the ADL.

Anyway, the main thrust: Israel is a nation created by Jews. Not all Jews are Israelis. Jews are eligible for Israeli citizenship by birthright. Read that very, very slowly. Moving on.

Don't tell you what your ethnicity is? Don't label you? You define yourself? Ahhh, the left. Everything is a social construct. Of course!

I take your point about white Americans being mixed. It's a bit of a straw man, as I didn't argue the contrary, and in fact JoeM (you'd like him) decried me for stating "white people of European descent". The mixing of races in America further highlights how absolutely inconsistent the left is with their accusations of systematic white supremacy and privilege.

I had no idea we were focused specifically on the 1800's? Throughout history, German Jews spoke German and Yiddish, just as Polish Jews spoke Polish and Yiddish (how else would the gentile population understand them? Obviously!). Trends changed. Irrelevant!

My point is, someone who doesn't speak Hebrew is no less of a Jew because of this, and this fact does not preclude their eligibility for Israeli birthright citizenship. This is because of your assertion that, because you didn't even learn Hebrew, some how, this implied it would be impossible for you to claim Israeli citizenship, despite being Jewish...? I don't even know what your argument was. "I don't want to move to Israel! I'm American!" ? Who gives a fuck about you!

"Jews never revived Hebrew. Israelis did." Very clever. And were the people who founded Israel, Jews by any chance? You know, the nation which Zionism sought to create for the Jews and populate with the Jewish diaspora. The nation which passed laws officially describing it as a de facto ethno-state for, y'know, Jews.

You may not have learned Hebrew but you sure did learn learn the art of PILPUL! I need a Fizzy Bubblech after that.

The history of what is "White" in this country is fairly complicated. We (and I include myself here) are always trying to "other" different groups. If you read about it, its pretty interesting. 100 years ago, some Arabs were classified as White here and others weren't - seemingly based on pure chance.
    As usual, you left out the Italians. Once upon a time, Italians weren't considered white. In fact, when we still lived in SoCal, I discovered that theme was still alive and well somewhere in at least a few dark corners of suburbia when Our Daughter came home from middle school, talking about one her classmates named Dominick (insert Italian surname here) and how he wasn't really white. I cleared her up on that score with dispatch and in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    George Christiansen, you make good points and gave me facts to think about. I claim if you argue the Civil War was not 100% about Slavery, you'll lose every time because the victors wrote the history for NPR. It may be true, but you'll lose. And, You must admit, the above Redpilling at the CHOP is effective on that audience.
    I wouldn't admit anything of the sort. That white gal is nodding and "hearing" the black gal's story as per her training. No pill swallowing is happening.

People rarely change their minds except when motivated by pain or the fear of it. Any explanation I give these days is largely aimed at providing ammo for the good guys. The zealots never even consider that they could be wrong, but sane people need reinforcement to protect themselves from having their virtues of self doubt and humility used against them.

I think the point is that someone else doesn't get to label me. I define myself.
    You get one vote. We all get to define you as well. That's reality.

All of my jewish friends view themselves as White and Jewish and New Yorker/South Carolinian/Georgian/whatever. It really doesn't matter, right?
    Sure it matters. We have the extreme of chicks with dicks telling us that they are women. They can believe it as much as they want.

The history of what is "White" in this country is fairly complicated. We (and I include myself here) are always trying to "other" different groups. If you read about it, its pretty interesting. 100 years ago, some Arabs were classified as White here and others weren't - seemingly based on pure chance. Ben Franklin wrote about how ethnic Germans were bad for our country, except for the ones of "Saxon" descent.
    It's not really very complicated at all. Less complicated than dog breeding. It is just a foreign idea these days. Everyone knew what Ben meant in his time.

New Mexico today:
    https://twitter.com/LivesMorgoth/sta...12139812995072

AntiFa started yelling "kill him!" Blue t-shirt guy defended himself with his firearm, attacker got shot. AntiFa screamed and ran away. Arrests made.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    New Mexico today:
    https://twitter.com/LivesMorgoth/sta...12139812995072

AntiFa started yelling "kill him!" Blue t-shirt guy defended himself with his firearm, attacker got shot. AntiFa screamed and ran away. Arrests made.
    "Governor Michelle Grisham released a statement condemning the shooting, saying that there is “absolutely no space in New Mexico for any violent would-be ‘militia’ seeking to terrorize New Mexicans.”

No mention of the violent would-be militia tearing down statues and terrorizing New Mexicans though