starting strength gym
Page 411 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3113614014094104114124134214615119111411 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    So this Wendy's parking lot incident...is there something I'm missing? How is this not cut and dry justified use of force? I feel like I'm from another universe seeing how this case is progressing and watching video from the incident. He clearly wrestles with them to escape, grabs one of their tasers, and fires it back at them as he's running. Officer responds by shooting him.
    They are going to say that a taser is not a deadly weapon -- because the cops say it is "sub-lethal" -- and that therefore the cop should not have been in fear for his life with the taser pointed at him. Which might be true, if the cop knew for sure that the weapon being pointed at him was in fact the taser from his belt, and if the cops are willing to admit that sometimes tasers kill people. He will say that they hadn't had time to check the suspect for weapons because he was fighting with them and they were not strong enough to subdue him (they'll leave that part out), and that it was reasonable to suspect that the weapon pointed at him might well have been a pistol the guy had in his belt. You can see that this will not be as easy as the Minneapolis incident.

Every shitlib in Atlanta is now seriously thinking twice about their whole bit

Striking is the natural response to this. I hope we see more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenDonut View Post
    "The action that I'm taking today may be pushing the legal bounds a little bit, but our attorneys believe we can defend this order in court," Wolff said.

In other words, they know what they are doing, they just can't help themselves. Or are required by their handlers to make these orders.
    I don't claim to be psychic, but I'm going to look into the crystal ball a few weeks/months from now. Here's what's I see:

African-American communities don't have as much access to masks as white communities. Or, maybe they're just not wearing them as much. We'll hear both arguments. With "mandatory mask laws," does it not give a shitty cop the right to stop you and cite you? In my city, starting tomorrow, you'll get a non-monetary citation. And isn't this how all this bullshit gets started in the first place? The police will be seen as unfairly picking on the black community; stopping and detaining them for not wearing masks, and ultimately, a few of these incidents will turn badly. Someone is going to die at the hands of a shit cop. There is no argument. If he's stopping you over a mask, he's a shit cop. Ultimately, a black man will die because a mask law was the reason for initial police contact. Mark my words.

June 2nd - Mark Gardner was fired for excessive force during the arrest of 2 kids (All parties involved were African American): 6 Atlanta police officers charged in forceful arrests of college students in car - ABC News

Howard had this to say: "as many of you all know, under Georgia law, a taser is considered a deadly weapon, under Georgia law": https://twitter.com/jtbsoon2b/status...05442065039365

Cops need to strike.

So this Wendy's parking lot incident...is there something I'm missing? How is this not cut and dry justified use of force? I feel like I'm from another universe seeing how this case is progressing and watching video from the incident. He clearly wrestles with them to escape, grabs one of their tasers, and fires it back at them as he's running. Officer responds by shooting him.
    It's particularly dissonance inducing when not long before this, Herhonor da Mare of Atlanta declared that tasers were deadly force in the hands of police. Yet somehow this drunk-ass mope who successfully resisted arrest and grabbed a cop's taser (that engagement with TWO cops diddle fucking around with that guy on the ground was pathetic) was not a threat to the cops involved or other bystanders in the immediate vicinity.

It's Baltimore all over again, when executive elected officials sit on both sides of what they say they do and do not want done and escape the consequences for their own part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that Crowder IS right. He does what he does to convince some reasonable people, which is all it takes for the people of the US to remain free. At least until the next social media outrage event.
    The reaching out to reasonable people through "dialogue" has worked about as well as the plans to send a message by voting third party.

Neither one does anything more than let the person doing it feel morally superior to "those people".

The Left masterfully uses people's virtues (like healthy self doubt and open mindedness) against them. The tide will not turn until people learn that it is a flaw to give people who have not earned your ear or your time either. "Who the fuck are you?" should be the first question someone asks immediately followed by "What's in it for you?/What skin do you have in the game?" when people are pushing anything that puts demands upon them.

Being willing to be hated by the right people is also a much needed virtue these days.

This one is just insane. Felony murder means the arrest must have been a felony too.

I hope every cop in these kind of places quits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    They are going to say that a taser is not a deadly weapon -- because the cops say it is "sub-lethal" -- and that therefore the cop should not have been in fear for his life with the taser pointed at him. Which might be true, if the cop knew for sure that the weapon being pointed at him was in fact the taser from his belt, and if the cops are willing to admit that sometimes tasers kill people. He will say that they hadn't had time to check the suspect for weapons because he was fighting with them and they were not strong enough to subdue him (they'll leave that part out), and that it was reasonable to suspect that the weapon pointed at him might well have been a pistol the guy had in his belt. You can see that this will not be as easy as the Minneapolis incident.
    You are correct, but there is also the fact that if I taze you then I now have access to your gun and you without much in the way of resistance. I think it's reasonable to fear for one's safety when threatened with something that "only" incapacitates" you.

I think you are correct, BUT in today's clown world - Several weeks ago, this very same Atlanta DA charged an officer with a crime for using deadly force against a suspect when the officer used his taser. So, according this POS, a taser WAS deadly force several weeks ago when wielded by a cop, but ISN'T now when wielded by a suspect. Right. Rule of law. Fake DA, fake law.

The burden of proof for police officers “in fear of their life” is, historically, exceptionally light. The Mesa, AZ officer who shot and killed the young man in the hotel, on his knees pleading for his life, was acquitted of all charges. His defense was the young man made a “draw stroke” towards his waistline.

Tasers CAN cause fatal complications though. Hell, I remember it being an issue a few years back where we were having COPS overusing the damned things and putting people in danger because they thought it was the real life version of "set phasers to stun". Even if the guy was fully aware it was a taser, I see no wrongdoing from the cops in that video, unless they're required to mirandize the guy as soon as they start slapping cuffs on him. I'm sure the defense will say he wasn't sure it wasn't a gun to boost his case, but I think even if some guy attacks an on duty cop throwing punches they should be allowed to respond with their weapon. The whole point of it in the first place is to discourage that from even happening. The case infuriates me, and apparently I'm not alone, since droves of Atlanta police are apparently just walking out now.

starting strength coach development program
    Maybe. A think the bar for a gun pointing gesture has been made arbitrarily low, not high.

A child was expelled from school for biting a pop-tart into the vague shape of a pistol and held it like a gun. The explicit intent to punish the child was to demonstrate how serious pointing guns at people are and, implicitly, I think, to drum home the concept don’t ever do it because someone may shoot you and ask questions latter. The whole thing is insanely misguided, I know. I’m not being cute. If you can punish him, you could argue (probably not successfully) that lethal force was warranted. If you can’t possibly argue that, leave the kid alone.