COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 412

starting strength gym
Page 412 of 1750 FirstFirst ... 3123624024104114124134144224625129121412 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 17494

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #4111
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    46,907

    Default

    • starting strength seminar december 2021
    • starting strength seminar february 2022
    • starting strength seminar april 2022
    The Atlanta situation is a much bigger problem, in my opinion. If the DA said that a taser is a deadly weapon, he just acquitted the man. Because of the arrest circumstances, it doesn't appear to be "cop shit" in the way Minneapolis was, but it has instead been interpreted as racism. Remember that 58% of the Atlanta PD is black. If every law enforcement contact between a white officer and a black citizen is automatically racism simply because of the fact that the officer is white, and no law enforcement contact between a black officer and any citizen can ever possibly be construed as racism, then you cannot have white cops if anybody you will be policing is black. We only have so many "Wendy's" to burn down. If all the white cops in Atlanta stop going to work -- and I wouldn't blame them if they did, and a whole bunch of black cops would agree that if you can be charged with murder for doing what your training specifically calls for, you probably shouldn't go to work either -- then pretty soon Atlanta as we know it is gone, and every big city in the country is in line.

    These BLM people don't seem to understand that if everything is racism, nothing is racism. You claim to hate segregation, yet you are calling for segregation, because it's the only thing that will satisfy your bizarre requirements regarding the definition of racism. You are advocating the end of civil society, a situation where individual persons are irrelevant and perceived racial group membership must always be the first consideration when dealing with anybody. I'm not interested in participating in such a society, and I suspect that most people are not. We worked for decades to make such a society go away, and now you want to bring it back because you think the shoe is on the other foot, so it's okay. It wasn't okay back then, and it's not okay now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    The burden of proof for police officers “in fear of their life” is, historically, exceptionally light. The Mesa, AZ officer who shot and killed the young man in the hotel, on his knees pleading for his life, was acquitted of all charges. His defense was the young man made a “draw stroke” towards his waistline.
    This is the most sickening thing I've ever seen a cop do. Execute with multiple rounds of .223 a crying groveling man laying in the floor with his hands out in front of him, truly Special Police Brigade 101-level shit. But because both the piece of shit cop and the victim were white, no one was disturbed enough to burn down a Wendy's. At the time, I offered to donate money to a contract to kill the Piece of Shit. He needs killing. He needs to spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder, without a minute's peace until he takes the rounds himself.

  2. #4112
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    These BLM people don't seem to understand that if everything is racism, nothing is racism. You claim to hate segregation, yet you are calling for segregation, because it's the only thing that will satisfy your bizarre requirements regarding the definition of racism.
    I don't even know why we bother to mention this anymore. When Pol Pot decided to cleanse the cities, it was because of his French socialist advisors, and the French have been bully on this sort of crazy since, at least, the Jacobins. The spirit of the mob is as old as humanity, though, and it doesn't give a fuck about listening. It doesn't even care about genocide, famine, and despoiling entire civilizations. It barely notices them as a means to an end -- "Utopia." It's the Avatar of Jealousy and Hubris and Progress. Either everyone from the moderate, populist left (not The Left) to the staunch conservatives seize power through peaceful and valid elections with meaningful legislative reform and shrinking of the federal government in order to restore the sovereignty and rights of the individual -- or it's bloodshed.

    There is no historical example where this is not the case. There's no point in discussing it further -- every sane person is in agreement on the important points or order. The time to speak out about this bullshit has passed. Which is exceptionally painful for me to admit, and I have spent these many days re-examining my own life to figure out where I have also failed. Somewhere between Socrates and Crito it was forgotten to sacrifice the rooster to Asklepios, and so the logos in our country has died. If it dies here, does it die everywhere else in the world?


    I to my perils
    Of cheat and charmer
    Came clad in armour
    By stars benign.
    Hope lies to mortals
    And most believe her,
    But man's deceiver
    Was never mine.

    The thoughts of others
    Were light and fleeting,
    Of lovers' meeting
    Or luck or fame.
    Mine were of trouble,
    And mine were steady;
    So I was ready
    When trouble came.

    -A.E. Housman

  3. #4113
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Keep hearing loads of reports on the MSM of COVID19 outbreaks in meat markets, factories and slaughterhouses. Is this the next source of the Left Wing agenda? Forcing veganism on us.

  4. #4114
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Even Crowder's feeling a disturbance in the force: https://twitter.com/TranscendedNate/...27938676789249

    The guy sounds like he's gonna crack and abandon his principles - in full knowledge that wanton table tossing would constitute a violation of the non-aggression principle.

  5. #4115
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    664

    Default

    The cop in the Wendy's shooting has been charged with felony murder. What are the chances that at least one jury member refuses to convict of any charges? I am guessing there is only a 1/1000 chance he is unanimously convicted. There should be cop strikes based on the charges being filed.

    It reminds me of he "protests" after this one: Qwant
    The man had just robbed a strip club with a gun, threatened a group of people with the gun and looks like he may have been trying to draw the weapon on police who were running after him.

    This is how the media reported the same video: Dramatic bodycam video shows Utah cops shooting fleeing man 20 times
    Notice the governor's response in this situation and how it differs from the (D) political response in Georgia.

    The aggrieved parties are clearly not concerned with justice or authoritarian policing.

  6. #4116
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    3,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We worked for decades to make such a society go away, and now you want to bring it back because you think the shoe is on the other foot, so it's okay. It wasn't okay back then, and it's not okay now.
    Unfortunately, instead of ensuring freedom of association and letting individuals come to their own conclusions, we just got reverse racism via quotas and forced integration. Which is why we are where we are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is the most sickening thing I've ever seen a cop do. Execute with multiple rounds of .223 a crying groveling man laying in the floor with his hands out in front of him, truly Special Police Brigade 101-level shit.
    That video is insane. There was literally no reason whatsoever to justify why that poor guy was being told to do anything other than lay face down until someone came to cuff him.

  7. #4117
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    30,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The cop in the Wendy's shooting has been charged with felony murder. What are the chances that at least one jury member refuses to convict of any charges? I am guessing there is only a 1/1000 chance he is unanimously convicted. There should be cop strikes based on the charges being filed.

    It reminds me of he "protests" after this one: Qwant
    The man had just robbed a strip club with a gun, threatened a group of people with the gun and looks like he may have been trying to draw the weapon on police who were running after him.

    This is how the media reported the same video: Dramatic bodycam video shows Utah cops shooting fleeing man 20 times
    Notice the governor's response in this situation and how it differs from the (D) political response in Georgia.

    The aggrieved parties are clearly not concerned with justice or authoritarian policing.
    If nothing else, the cop in question has excellent grounds for appeal given that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation had not only not completed it's investigation, it wasn't even informed of the Atlanta DA's press conference when he announced the charges. How in the world those charges can be sustained prior to an investigation beggars the imagination and pulls off the blindfold of the lady holding the scales of justice.

  8. #4118
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    La Jolla California
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The Atlanta situation is a much bigger problem, in my opinion. If the DA said that a taser is a deadly weapon, he just acquitted the man. Because of the arrest circumstances, it doesn't appear to be "cop shit" in the way Minneapolis was, but it has instead been interpreted as racism. Remember that 58% of the Atlanta PD is black. If every law enforcement contact between a white officer and a black citizen is automatically racism simply because of the fact that the officer is white, and no law enforcement contact between a black officer and any citizen can ever possibly be construed as racism, then you cannot have white cops if anybody you will be policing is black. We only have so many "Wendy's" to burn down. If all the white cops in Atlanta stop going to work -- and I wouldn't blame them if they did, and a whole bunch of black cops would agree that if you can be charged with murder for doing what your training specifically calls for, you probably shouldn't go to work either -- then pretty soon Atlanta as we know it is gone, and every big city in the country is in line.

    These BLM people don't seem to understand that if everything is racism, nothing is racism. You claim to hate segregation, yet you are calling for segregation, because it's the only thing that will satisfy your bizarre requirements regarding the definition of racism. You are advocating the end of civil society, a situation where individual persons are irrelevant and perceived racial group membership must always be the first consideration when dealing with anybody. I'm not interested in participating in such a society, and I suspect that most people are not. We worked for decades to make such a society go away, and now you want to bring it back because you think the shoe is on the other foot, so it's okay. It wasn't okay back then, and it's not okay now.



    This is the most sickening thing I've ever seen a cop do. Execute with multiple rounds of .223 a crying groveling man laying in the floor with his hands out in front of him, truly Special Police Brigade 101-level shit. But because both the piece of shit cop and the victim were white, no one was disturbed enough to burn down a Wendy's. At the time, I offered to donate money to a contract to kill the Piece of Shit. He needs killing. He needs to spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder, without a minute's peace until he takes the rounds himself.
    Don't post this comment, but Rip - slow down. Theyre going to come for you. Too much truth. Stop telling it. They came for Glassman. These libtards are evil and you are not below their sights. This isnt our America right now. Im not sure who it belongs to. But its out of our hands. Its not worth it.

  9. #4119
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Hah! What miraculous timing!

    Mayor says sick calls aren’t affecting safety as APD foundation hands out bonuses

    They should accept the $380 (after tax) and still tell them to fuck off.

    Now the establishment have begun to realize the police is the only thing between them and the mob, I wonder if it's going to make them change up their political rhetoric?

  10. #4120
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    472

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenDonut View Post
    I wonder if there will be any "Conservatives" willing wage legal warfare against these people, like the left would do if the tables were turned. Most likely they will be rolling over again.
    “Conservatives” don’t weaponize things they disagree with very well, in my opinion. Liberals are actually much better at this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •