starting strength gym
Page 416 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3163664064144154164174184264665169161416 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    MSU has removed their Vice President of Research, Stephen Hsu, due to his blog posts and podcasts that some people found unbecoming. (Racist, antisemitic, etc.)

If you believe this is an unwarranted attack on intellectual freedom, you are not alone: the
    signatories in his defense include many very accomplished (and also some very liberal) academics and business people. For example, right at the top is the notable computer scientist and blogger Scott Aaronson.

The man is apparently Asian. This is obvious racism, and it cannot be tolerated. I demand the resignations of all the administrative officials at MSU -- this MSU, wherever it is, and all schools in the US with the initials MSU, just to make sure -- and free tuition, room, and board for anyone who for some odd reason wants to go to school at MSU. In perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    It is interesting to look back and see that Ross Perot, the first presidential candidate I ever got to vote for, was all the pro of Trump with none of the cons (read that both ways).

People were too stupid then for the sanity he presented. Trump owes it more to desperation than to anyone learning a single thing between then and now. Now he's just lucky to be running against a bigger clown than I ever could have imagined making it thus far.
    I was ten years too young to vote for Mr. Perot, but my friend, himself seven years too young, for some reason got a kick out of Ross' way of presenting things, so we forever remembered and joked about (before the days of meme'ing) his statement about

"What we have here is a failure to ????(understand?) the system. So, what we must do, is TAX!

Said friend still loved the guy's ideas, and he is that stereotypical White, non-[highly] educated, working-class Conservative voter, so I wonder if it was something more than an abundance of stupidity (non-minority population proportions also being more favorable to Conservatives back then) that hurt Perot's chances.

Nevertheless, kudos for recognizing another key moment historians could identify as a missed chance to stop America's cultural decline and loss of Benevelont Hegemon status!

Here's an interesting article that also identifies some possible signal-markers for the beginning of That Cult Mentality taking over what used to be our common sense way of thinking (which I imagine people still are ALLOWED to employ in the culture-protecting East European countries like Hungary, Poland, Russia, etc.):

Ten Years Ago, by Steve Sailer - The Unz Review

(The Head Ticket counter guy who checked in the head 9/11 hijacker on the first leg of his journey says his intuition and knowledge of the FACTS about who a hijacker typically is caused him alarm, but he checked the terrorist in regardless without additional scrutiny, once he flipped the government-issued PC-filter in his brain back on)

Perhaps the resident racist-hunters on our board like Muntz and Darrow would be open to critically analyzing the stupidity of BLM-like thinking about THESE avoidances of facts to keep our skies safer, when discussing practical policing and criminal justice policies to protect everyday Americans, since it does not involve American Blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    MSU has removed their Vice President of Research, Stephen Hsu, due to his blog posts and podcasts that some people found unbecoming. (Racist, antisemitic, etc.)

If you believe this is an unwarranted attack on intellectual freedom, you are not alone: the
    signatories in his defense include many very accomplished (and also some very liberal) academics and business people. For example, right at the top is the notable computer scientist and blogger Scott Aaronson.
    An entertaining defense of Hsu from the ever-caustic Motl.

The Reference Frame: Stephen Hsu is a "heretic", too

Amid all the statue toppling and violence (I stopped counting ~7 days ago at 17 riot deaths) not much is being spoke about the obliteration of the Christian religious Right:
    Bostock & SOGI: A Christian Waterloo | The American Conservative

It seems like the Republican Party, Conservative media (Breitbart, Daily Caller, etc) and the religious Right are maimed and hobbling around for now, but may not be with us for too much longer. That's what you get for playing nice.

What's going to fill the void they leave behind?

UK debt now larger than size of economy – The BBC reports that the UK’s national debt is now greater than its annual GDP for the first time in 57 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post

It seems like the Republican Party, Conservative media (Breitbart, Daily Caller, etc) and the religious Right are maimed and hobbling around for now, but may not be with us for too much longer. That's what you get for playing nice. ...
    I’m guessing this is another iteration of the pattern of life; valley-of-darkness stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Amid all the statue toppling and violence (I stopped counting ~7 days ago at 17 riot deaths) not much is being spoke about the obliteration of the Christian religious Right:
    Bostock & SOGI: A Christian Waterloo | The American Conservative

It seems like the Republican Party, Conservative media (Breitbart, Daily Caller, etc) and the religious Right are maimed and hobbling around for now, but may not be with us for too much longer. That's what you get for playing nice.

What's going to fill the void they leave behind?
    Mmmm, I'd say there are plenty of loosely organized and unaffiliated Deplorables and Bitter Clingers still in circulation. The Tulsa rally for Trump will be a clue.

Rather shocking scenes in Atlanta today. These open carrying "protesters" blocked traffic and shot up a driver with their rifles as he fled.

Part 1: https://twitter.com/Potatoe_Waffen/s...56909823094789
    Part 2: https://twitter.com/Potatoe_Waffen/s...56993012809728

To add to today's madness, I present this:
    Lenin statue to be unveiled in Germany despite legal fight | Germany | The Guardian

and finally this this lovely message from the United Nations:
    https://twitter.com/UNGeneva/status/1274007783864627201

Not sure voting is going to work this time, lads.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cook View Post
    UK debt now larger than size of economy – The BBC reports that the UK’s national debt is now greater than its annual GDP for the first time in 57 years.
    Welcome to the club, UK!