starting strength gym
Page 418 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3183684084164174184194204284685189181418 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    It seems to me that the only end to this shit is a coup or a hot war. I've been trying to figure out how this thing is going to play out, but it's just making me more aware of how in-the-dark your average citizen is about what's really going on behind the scenes.

Military force is justified at this point, but because it's an election year and sending in the army is too big a risk for relection chances, noboby wants to do it, not even Trump.

I think this is the biggest reason a lot of mainline conservatives/Christians/2A types like myself and others on the board haven't taken it upon themselves to solve the problem on their own. They like rules and like to play by them, because they recognize that's how a society works. It's an election year and there's a chance that if things go the right way, we can continue to live in a society that plays by the rules.

Once the elections are squared away and all the little tyrants know where they stand, it'll be much easier for them to send in the National Guard and crush the rebellions. Even the politicians on the left recognize that they can take a heavier-handed approach once the know they have four more yearss to brush their broken glass under the rug.
    I don't think it's that easy. Everyone I've talked to... Republican, Democrat, from around here, from off, black, white, Asian, hispanic, Christian, atheist... none of it matters. Everyone who's not bat-shit insane over neo-Marxism HATES EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS. Our enemies are pressing us on every front but open war. Cyber attacks from all foreign adversaries are off the charts. Markets are being manipulated to destabilize us. But everyone HATES the idea of bloodshed. And they should because it's the darkest place we could possibly go. It also helps when you stop framing yourself as the guy who wins all the battles, and start picturing yourself as the unlucky bastard who takes the first round of the fight right in the dome.

But this is all happening in large cities in a few blocks, usually. It's in everyone's brain because the internet is pumping it there, but everyone around here? They're getting along. The people who organized and burned down King Street were staying out of hotels and immediately left out on buses as soon as Charleston County took back the Ravenel Bridge. Sure, there's always one or two people who are shitheads and race-baiters, but most people just want to get along with each other and do their work so they can enjoy their time off with family. Everyone is going to let law and order collapse entirely, and we're not anywhere close to that because the cities are feeling the brunt of it. They were already wrecked from COVID-19. We also have to let law and order in the cities collapse before anyone else can do anything about it. It's a moral imperative, but it's also because the police in those areas who haven't quit WILL enforce the law against US and NOT the Marxists.

I do hope the gloves come off in 2020 if the Republicans win everything back, but it has to come through the legislative bodies and a good 6 seat majority for Originalists. I'm holding out hope, but I'm not holding my breath. And there might still be blood.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    But this is all happening in large cities in a few blocks, usually..
    This is the biggest factor why there has been so little push back from citizens. The people in these crap cities have decades of practice doing nothing to self police, but I can guarantee you that there are plenty of neighborhoods outside those cities with plenty of cans of whoop ass to spare.

This has definitely NOT been discussed or planned in any detail among anyone that I could possibly know. And it wouldn't matter anyway because everyone I definitely do not know has definitely lost all their guns in boating accidents anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I don't think it's that easy. Everyone I've talked to... Republican, Democrat, from around here, from off, black, white, Asian, hispanic, Christian, atheist... none of it matters. Everyone who's not bat-shit insane over neo-Marxism HATES EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS. Our enemies are pressing us on every front but open war. Cyber attacks from all foreign adversaries are off the charts. Markets are being manipulated to destabilize us. But everyone HATES the idea of bloodshed. And they should because it's the darkest place we could possibly go. It also helps when you stop framing yourself as the guy who wins all the battles, and start picturing yourself as the unlucky bastard who takes the first round of the fight right in the dome.

But this is all happening in large cities in a few blocks, usually. It's in everyone's brain because the internet is pumping it there, but everyone around here? They're getting along. The people who organized and burned down King Street were staying out of hotels and immediately left out on buses as soon as Charleston County took back the Ravenel Bridge. Sure, there's always one or two people who are shitheads and race-baiters, but most people just want to get along with each other and do their work so they can enjoy their time off with family. Everyone is going to let law and order collapse entirely, and we're not anywhere close to that because the cities are feeling the brunt of it. They were already wrecked from COVID-19. We also have to let law and order in the cities collapse before anyone else can do anything about it. It's a moral imperative, but it's also because the police in those areas who haven't quit WILL enforce the law against US and NOT the Marxists.

I do hope the gloves come off in 2020 if the Republicans win everything back, but it has to come through the legislative bodies and a good 6 seat majority for Originalists. I'm holding out hope, but I'm not holding my breath. And there might still be blood.
    Good points. It's all up in the air now. I just don't see how all of this ends without a strong show of force.

Another thought I've had is...maybe we're already in a civil war? The people who showed up to the first battle of the Civil War thought it was going to be a one and done deal, and look what it turned into.

Covid was essentially a siege/blockade, and now there are coordinated militants destroying property and holding territory. I haven't kept up too much with CHAZ the past few days, but if this BS isn't over within a few weeks I think it's fair to say that we're already at hot war status.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    I think this is the biggest reason a lot of mainline conservatives/Christians/2A types like myself and others on the board haven't taken it upon themselves to solve the problem on their own. They like rules and like to play by them, because they recognize that's how a society works. It's an election year and there's a chance that if things go the right way, we can continue to live in a society that plays by the rules.
    It's also because the media is locked and loaded to go narrative blitzkrieg whenever anyone even counter-protests. Organized armed counter-action would only be spun into an insane violent mob (with guns), even though its real purpose was to combat the insane violent mob (without guns). If you're defending your own or a friend/family's property or person(s), that's one thing. But bring a group of guys with guns to defend a monument of any kind and people will be ready to snap endless photos to make it look like you are there to hunt down and kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    What would be the justifications for federal interventions unless they first declare Antifa domestic terrorists? I think they should do this and not doing it is more dangerous to re-election than doing it.

I think what is really holding people back is the fact that we have repeatedly seen those who dare to do anything thrown under the bus or left to fight solo. Trump himself watched as his supporters and conservatives in general were blacklisted on social media and people getting their asses kicked at rallies and such and didn't do a damned thing until it touched his current re-election campaign. I don't know why anyone would expect a rescue from him after his re-election.

Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma
    Trump at Tulsa Rally tonight:
    "It's probably better for us to just watch disaster"
    "Let people see what radical left democrats will do to our country"
    This is just dereliction of duty in my opinion. He's not our dad and letting the innocent people in these communities suffer so he can gain political points is evil.
    Have you ventured out and listened to normies lately? I have a little bit, and they do NOT see what we see...AT ALL. They MUST be awakened in order for us to have a future. Anything President Trump does at this point (like invoking the Insurrection Act of 1807) will be successfully portrayed as tyranny by our powerfully controlled media/twitter/youtube/google. It will be Kent State all over again. What happens after that? We will be divided forever....which is the End of America. This is exactly what the bad guys want Trump to do.

No, there is a detailed (and painfully slow) plan underway to awaken the public, and since you nor I stepped up and put our family's asses on the line to become President, we don't get to take shortcuts. It must be done correctly. There will be no second try.

In the end, Americans will be forced to face some very difficult truths, and these truths will bring us together against a common enemy.

I'm watching closely what's happening in Southern District of NY now....there are certainly some difficult truths hidden there which is a good starting point.

This is how I see things. Rip's Q&A is forever, so time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Lil Wayne: White cop saved me after shooting myself at 12

Here's what they don't want people to know: most Americans (black and white) are "Uncle Bobs"
    That’s a great testimony from him (so thank you for that!) and it’s not the only one of his that I have seen. I don’t agree that most Americans are “Uncle Bobs”. Most Americans don’t want to get involved. Though many are decent people, that is far removed from picking up a child with a gunshot wound any taking responsibility for his survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    That’s a great testimony from him (so thank you for that!) and it’s not the only one of his that I have seen. I don’t agree that most Americans are “Uncle Bobs”. Most Americans don’t want to get involved. Though many are decent people, that is far removed from picking up a child with a gunshot wound any taking responsibility for his survival.
    Are you sure about that? Do you recall the many incidents of men sacrificing their own safety to protect and rescue women and children at that country music shooting that happened in Nevada (how long ago??)? Goodness has THAT been successfully shoved into the black hole of our news cycle memories, and if I were prone to believe in conspiracy theories, I'd wonder whether that were a failed attempt to sow up enough discord to create the disharmony we're seeing across the country now!

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    This is the biggest factor why there has been so little push back from citizens. The people in these crap cities have decades of practice doing nothing to self police, but I can guarantee you that there are plenty of neighborhoods outside those cities with plenty of cans of whoop ass to spare.

This has definitely NOT been discussed or planned in any detail among anyone that I could possibly know. And it wouldn't matter anyway because everyone I definitely do not know has definitely lost all their guns in boating accidents anyway.
    I think the result of that incident in New Mexico, where the law-breakers were left alone and law-protectors, punished, shows why most people aren't pushing back. It really saddens me to say this, but it seems like our 2A only allows us to OWN the firearms, as even when used legally (New Mexico, Zimmerman, those men in South Carolina not too long ago, the Latino defending his store with a chain saw in the video making its way around), we citizens are met with arrests, costly lawsuits, and so much scrutiny, making the expression of one's 2A rights almost pre-emptively prohibited.

And forget pushback from private citizens,, what about our military and police!?
    My Russian students have been asking me, don't you have police and an army?? Why haven't they been stopping the looting, arsony, and rioting?

I'm not sure what to tell them.

The curiousity in me wonders if there are parallels in all of this to the early 20th century in Russia - HOW did the elites of that time not see the risk in Bolsheviks running freely around their country; HOW were they not SQUASHED before things irreversably deteriorated?? (BTW, interesting fact; we Americans fought on the side of the White Army, and the Chinese supported the Red!)

People who have tested positive for Covid have been elevated to a persecuted victim. This is independent of if they died, were sick, or had no symptoms whatsoever. The language they use is identical to the language used for hiv/aids.

There is no acknowledging the million times larger fraction of society that lost their employment, businesses, and had an entire generation of their childrens lives ruined.

Interestingly, boat sales in Milwaukee has gone up.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post

Interestingly, boat sales in Milwaukee has gone up.

The COVID conversation is very slippery. It’s as if “the media” knows something I don’t. Therefore I must be wrong.

Boats can provide significant social distancing.