starting strength gym
Page 422 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3223724124204214224234244324725229221422 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    DPG update: “Hey BLM, do you really want China to run the world?”

Hey, Black Lives Matter: Do You Really Want China to Run the World?

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    The same thing they should do to any terrorist organization attacking US interests: arrest and/or kill them.

This is literally what the FBI and Homeland Security are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    At this point? Save the statue of Theodore Roosevelt and burn the entire island to the ground. I'm shocked, myself, at how quickly all of my remaining good will evaporated tonight after hearing about that. I want a full collapse of every Democrat-run institution yesterday. Then I can safely vote for the libertarian again.
    George, Dave, this is why I went to the trouble of typing the passage from Starship Troopers: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Please tell me you understand my point. Please. I agree with burning the entire island to the ground, but they have to do it themselves. If we do it for them, they'll just be mad at us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    After the votes of "conservative" justices last week I wonder if it matters who Trump nominates.
    Good point.

As pervasive and numerous as these two examples of human dreck are, compared to the shootings, robberies, bombings, and other violence of the SLA, Weathermen, and Yippies, they are pikers. The reason BLM and antifa operatives are as irritating as they are is the underlying white liberal guilt of the dem governmental executives in power in the blue states and cities that result in them doing nothing.
    And the media are working this from a different angle this time. It's interesting to see them congratulating the looters.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I agree with you rip, but again the federal government has a specific role of protecting the rights of citizens, if a state government is not doing that sufficiently is it the role of the feds to come in and make sure their rights are protected?
    No, it's really not. I know that the Insurrection Act permits it, but again, every one of the local officials these people voted for is just fine with what has happened over the past 2 months, and if the feds usurp local authority under these circumstances there will be far more problems than just a few disappointed voters who need to learn a few things.

And also, I’m not sure how the feds step in and stop it without bloodshed.
    They don't. None of this goes away without bloodshed. How do you stop looters? You gut-shoot the first 10 people that run out of the broken doors with a TV, and you let them lay there screaming until the ambulances get there, if their buddies "permit" them to arrive. The screaming will have a calming effect on the rest of the mob that no politician can provide. And the local police have to do this, with the support of local government, or the local authorities are not in control.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    If we could remove the political science part of the equation, quashing the riots is completely justifiable. Destruction of public property demands automatic detainement, no exceptions. No rational person thinks any of this is acceptable.

The problem is the election. Rule of law doesn't function well when those enforcing the law have to worry that enforcing the law might lose them their jobs. This is one of the downsides of democracy that is rarely talked about.

It has to he stopped, but what if the cost of stopping it is Trump losing the election? I'm willing to wait a bit longer before pulling out the big guns. If it looks like losing battle by September/October, it may be time for a scorched earth policy.

As in most things, the correct decision is a matter of trade-offs and risk mitigation.
    Unfortunately I couldn’t disagree with you more. And ideas like this that are so tempting just make the opposing (id say “our”) side look worse. There is a better way to do it again in my opinion than going in and killing or caging citizens, especially without due process.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    And here in the rural lands, the big excitement is the local Golden Corral has reopened.
    Downstate Illinois (which to Chicagoans is anywhere outside the Crook County lines) are waiting with bated breath for Phase 4 and the same loosening up this coming Friday.

Yesterday I came across this article from 2017 via another blog: From gym to gun range here's where antifa train (I understand if you want to cut out the link.)

I thought it interesting that a highlighted quote from the article was "At the end of the day, stronger people are harder to kill." Made me think that maybe these guys have heard of SS. Then I saw the picture of their "leader". Turns out, no, they haven't heard of SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I am with Rip on this one. These states brought this on themselves. The voters who can still use their brains need to re-think the implications of their past views that influenced their voting decisions and/or whether to even bother living in those states. The only concerning thing about any of this is how efficiently the democrats can cheat the vote. We don't know the methods that they used in the past, how they plan to improve them, or how the republicans plan to combat them. Then again, it's not far fetched to consider the possibility that both sides cheat elections and both sides have foreign aide in on the scam. It's only logical if that's the game they've been playing all of these years.
    Oh yeah, they are both pulling underhanded things, no doubt. But universal mail-in I think is gonna be the big new one for democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    If we could remove the political science part of the equation, quashing the riots is completely justifiable. Destruction of public property demands automatic detainement, no exceptions. No rational person thinks any of this is acceptable.

The problem is the election. Rule of law doesn't function well when those enforcing the law have to worry that enforcing the law might lose them their jobs. This is one of the downsides of democracy that is rarely talked about.

It has to he stopped, but what if the cost of stopping it is Trump losing the election? I'm willing to wait a bit longer before pulling out the big guns. If it looks like losing battle by September/October, it may be time for a scorched earth policy.

As in most things, the correct decision is a matter of trade-offs and risk mitigation.
    Where do you get the idea that holding back is going to win Trump votes instead of lose him votes?

He will be criticized by the media regardless of what he does and most of the people that will be turned off by legitimate action will not be voting for him under any circumstances anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    These states brought this on themselves.
    Did they?

We know elections are tampered with. We also know that politicians fail and lie. We also know that many places have elected officials who won by very small margins.

I'm still waiting on a wall and a stop to importing unneeded legal replacements for companies that could care less about the US. I was promised this by Trump. Apparently I should have voted for Covid as it has done a better job on both.

After the votes of "conservative" justices last week I wonder if it matters who Trump nominates.
    Or possibly those results are because of who he already appointed.

But Trump is the only person allowed the victim card more than African American criminals.

"If only the poor guy wasn't so harassed by the press and liberals....."

As pervasive and numerous as these two examples of human dreck are, compared to the shootings, robberies, bombings, and other violence of the SLA, Weathermen, and Yippies, they are pikers. The reason BLM and antifa operatives are as irritating as they are is the underlying white liberal guilt of the dem governmental executives in power in the blue states and cities that result in them doing nothing.
    It is irrelevant how much of a problem they are. They are an international terrorist organization. That makes them a federal issue as far as the US is concerned.

If Trump went full Nixon on them and reinstituted a program like COINTELPRO, the uproar in the House and the MSM would be even more deafening than it already is.
    Not that! The horror.

Have we asked him his preferred pronouns too?

This is why conservatism is doomed. They never do anything, but provide limp wristed reactions to the Left, who dictate both the game and it's terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Please tell me you understand my point. Please. I agree with burning the entire island to the ground, but they have to do it themselves. If we do it for them, they'll just be mad at us.
    I am not talking about burning any locale to the ground. I am talking about specifically dealing with terrorists.

Those cities are not a monolithic group. What you are saying is along the lines that noone should have fought ISIS because the locals being terrorized by them needed to learn to do it for themselves. Obviously there are legitimate questions of jurisdiction as to who fights ISIS, but that doesn't apply to these terrorists here.

And of course it would be better if a bunch of locals took up arms and dealt with it if the local police and such cannot or will not, but that doesn't eliminate the Federal governments legal and moral responsibility to act.

The people in those cities who will hate "us" if the Feds deal with it do now and always will. That isn't the entirety of the population and even if it is then good. The sooner this country gets some divorces finalized the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    Unfortunately I couldn’t disagree with you more. And ideas like this that are so tempting just make the opposing (id say “our”) side look worse. There is a better way to do it again in my opinion than going in and killing or caging citizens, especially without due process.
    The rule of law demands that we cage certain people and there will be people killed in the process.

Hell, if few people in this comments sections happened to destroy a few targets across the country, handed out guns to fellow looters, and killed a few cops and civilians what do you think would happen? The FBI would be on us like white on rice and investigating this entire board.

Meanwhile this is an obvious organized and funded effort with numerous crimes being committed across state and national lines....and...we get tweets.

I am more and more leaning towards Trump just being a sort of Manchurian Candidate than anything else.

I'll be happy to be wrong, but my faith in 3-D chess is all but gone.

George, what do you think will happen when the feds come in, clean up the place, and then leave? Or do they stay? A Federal Occupation Force in Seattle/Minneapolis/Chicago/LA/Brooklyn? This ain't gonna work like you think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    No, by that logic her particular case of cancer wouldn't be a reliable gauge of an increase in cancer rates as compared to a setting where colonoscopies were not (or less) available.
    Swing ... and a miss! What I think you are trying to say is the more you test, the more "known" cases you will have, tautology, and exactly what a sensible government would want. As to COVID, the only effective approach is to test as many as people as possible, isolate the positive results until you believe they are no longer infectious, and treat those who display symptoms. Or, you could do what has been done at the national level, which is essentially nothing, cross your fingers, and hope not to die.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    George, Dave, this is why I went to the trouble of typing the passage from Starship Troopers: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Absolutely, Rip. I know what you're saying, and I rarely reply to you because I agree with the essence of what you say. Maybe not the gut shots or lamp posts, but I also earnestly believe you're not happy about those ideas. I'm also not naive to the fact that destruction and death aren't the likeliest option, but are always just around the corner. Always and everywhere.

I agree with you that cities must burn themselves out, and that it will be blood on the hands of their voters and not only the politicians. I was invoking General William T. Sherman to Professor David Boyd as he attended seminary in Louisiana that would later become LSU:

"You, you the people of the South, believe there can be such a thing as peaceable secession. You don't know what you are doing. I know there can be no such thing. ... If you will have it, the North must fight you for its own preservation. Yes, South Carolina has by this act precipitated war. ... This country will be drenched in blood. God only knows how it will end. Perhaps the liberties of the whole country, of every section and every man will be destroyed, and yet you know that within the Union no man's liberty or property in all the South is endangered. ... Oh, it is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization. ... You people speak so lightly of war. You don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing. I know you are a brave, fighting people, but for every day of actual fighting, there are months of marching, exposure and suffering. More men die in war from sickness than are killed in battle. At best war is a frightful loss of life and property, and worse still is the demoralization of the people. ...
    "You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people, but an earnest people and will fight too, and they are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it.
    "Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The Northern people not only greatly outnumber the whites at the South, but they are a mechanical people with manufactures of every kind, while you are only agriculturists--a sparse population covering a large extent of territory, and in all history no nation of mere agriculturists ever made successful war against a nation of mechanics. ...
    "The North can make a steam-engine, locomotive or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical and determined people on earth--right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with.
    "At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, and shut out from the markets of Europe by blockade as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. ... if your people would but stop and think, they must see that in the end you will surely fail."

General Sherman hated war as intensely as I hate war -- maybe moreso. And he burned everything between the Mason Dixon line and the sea down, including Atlanta. Not because he was vengeful or murderous, but because he knew it was necessary to crush the idea that had possessed people.

I don't speak for every veteran, but every veteran I know is disgusted with the decadence, lack of action and the insanity of Marxism that is ruining the last bastion of Liberty, and the homes of our families, that we fought to protect. I imagine I feel like a Roman Triarius prepared to fight other Romans on Roman soil. Even should the government, police and citizens of this country collapse and surrender -- we will be here to do what must be done, and it will be entirely different if we do. Which is why General Sherman is so important right now:

"I confess without shame that I am tired & sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. Even success, the most brilliant is over dead and mangled bodies […] It is only those who have not heard a shot, nor heard the shrills & groans of the wounded & lacerated (friend or foe) that cry aloud for more blood & more vengeance, more desolation & so help me God as a man & soldier I will not strike a foe who stands unarmed & submissive before me but will say ‘Go sin no more.’"

And again

"In our country ... one class of men makes war and leaves others to figure it out."

And again

"I am satisfied, and have been all the time, that the problem of this war consists in the awful fact that the present class of men who rule the South must be killed outright rather than in the conquest of territory."

And again

"You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know I will make more sacrifices today than any of you to secure peace. But you cannot have peace and a division of our country. If the United States submits to a division now, it will not stop..."

I'll stop now. Because I could quote General Sherman all day, and each one would be as equally valid and applicable to right this moment as these.

I'm begging everyone in our country, and especially the Marxists -- do NOT take this battle to the veterans. We are accustomed to death, and we do not retreat.

"res ad triarios venit"