starting strength gym
Page 426 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3263764164244254264274284364765269261426 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    Stevie Ray Vaughan Statue On Town Lake Vandalized - TexasTakes

$10 says some stupid asshole thought it was statue of an old timey sheriff or something.
    A lot of these people don't even know who the statues actually were. I've seen instances where someone was vocally very much for tear a statue down and when questioned as to why had to honestly admit they had no idea who it was.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    A lot of these people don't even know who the statues actually were. I've seen instances where someone was vocally very much for tear a statue down and when questioned as to why had to honestly admit they had no idea who it was.
    Agreed. That was what I really meant by “old-timey” white men.

Though for the protestors, SRV is “old-timey “

:-|

Bored with Covid and the Riots? Ok, how about a Zerohedge: Sahara Dust-pocalypse?
    A massive dust storm from the Sahara desert in Northern Africa traversed above the tropical Atlantic Ocean and is causing havoc in the Caribbean region, is expected to move into the Gulf of Mexico and Southern US later this week

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    This is precisely why ‘get out the vote' campaigns are a horrible idea. These are the exact targets of such campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    This is precisely why ‘get out the vote' campaigns are a horrible idea. These are the exact targets of such campaigns.
    Oh they are a great idea, because those are also the kind of people those campaigns want to get out into the electorate. Easily manipulated dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    ...This only works if YOU are in control of the pace of the acceleration. WE are not in control of any aspect of this...
    Explain this.

George's concerns are highly valid. Like many of us, he does not appear to have faith that the current voting and immigration systems are fair or legitimate. If either or both of those systems is not legitimate, the government of the country itself cannot be considered legitimate.
    That being said, Trump just blocked the arrival of 300,000 - 500,000 immigrants by executive order (Which the globalist Rs and political judges will likely quickly declare illegal).

We need change that is radical enough to fix these two root problems. Without severe restriction on both legal and illegal immigration, historic deportations and an overhaul of the voting system, it does not matter who is elected. Trump has been taking steps towards fixing these two root problems, but if our Supreme Court Justices and then our elected officials too weak or unamerican, he is powerless.

When we say that racism is not the issue, we are speaking from a high-level, strategic perspective. BLM and its allies may be anti-white, but they do not care about racism; they and their puppet-masters care about communism. Destruction of western culture, destruction of nations and eventual global marxism is the goal.

On the national and local levels, race is the issue. Britain will soon cease to be Britain if the race issue is not addressed. Ethnic Brits should have the right to follow self-determination. Allowing your lands to be taken through soft-invasion, weaponized democracy and universal citizenship is suicidal for your culture and your people. If the British people are destroyed, an overarching power structure (Islam or communism) will prevail in that geographic area.

In America, strong nationalism, freedom of association and limited immigration to our now crowded country would alleviate most of the racial problems.

Difficult decisions are made when easy decisions become impossible.

For anyone with kids who maintains moderate discipline in your home and strives to have your children be good citizens: You realize that what's going on in the world is the classic struggle through all time and of all children against their parents. Kids like free S#$T. Kids want the easy path. Kids love their grandma because she gives them candy. The easy path is sit in front of TV, play video games, get involved with a fun exciting protest when you are bored. Kids like to express their individuality, and what more convenient place to do that than against their parents. No kid likes to inherently do laundry, clean their room, do their homework, be nice to their sister, the list goes on and on. People are inherently lazy and impulsive given the lack of ability to see how doing good work translations into good results down the road. Good parents enforce good values until their kids learn how to behave properly so they can not only be successful for themselves, but so they can successfully contribute to society. Good parent's teach their kids discipline, civility, and most of all show the correlation between proper behavior and good results. They teach personal accountability and responsibility.

The Leftist Lie is perpetuated upon society because the main attraction is that it is easy... Vote for us, you get free stuff. People are susceptible to these notions because after decades of attack the moral base of our society has eroded to believe that freedom is indeed free. The pandering politicians scream "Vote for us and you will get your equality" (which by the way we made you think you didn't have). Support Antifa because it's an easy way to provide value to society (showing up in a mob of same-minded people to protest is much easier than actually working for a living and taking care of your business). It's all a scam meant to appeal to the minds of children, or the childish minds in all adults.

Trump is holding them accountable. You (Americans in cities, etc) are responsible for who you elect and they are responsible for their actions.

I can't figure out right now if Trump is the most brilliant parent in the world, that will need to be played out, but he is giving his nation of "kids" a lot of rope and watching to see what they make with it. I'm praying for America

And for all you conservatives: The notion that all you currently passive gun-owning conservatives have is that when the mob shows up at your door your AR-15 and 1000 rounds is going to protect you is preposterous, it won't work like that. The mob is organized, and many, without coordinated political (and other) action by people who wish to maintain America by the time you need your gun it will be too late for you. I am in this situation right now and I angst over what to do about it. I'm no activist.

So here we all are in this same situation: we don't like what's going on, but we are too happy in our lifestyles to throw them away for activism. In short, we have built so much on the generations of our previously hard working parents and fore-fathers that we don't want to just throw it away by going to stand in front of a Teddy Roosevelt statue. We have families to protect, work to do, we can't afford a misdemeanor or felony on our record (lest we be unemployable)... the Left is using our own civility against us. They have no civility, there are no rules when you have nothing to lose.

Where does it go if we all just watch, but what is the real alternative?

Another tangential thought.

Hugging culture is a relatively new thing. I am of the generation of hand shaking fathers, uncles etc. We’ve gotten over it and thats great.

However, up until this covid debacle, hugging/touching ritualistically and excessively is a real thing. Some social group’s can’t go a few minutes without the contact. Watch a high school level sports event, for example. It’s as if every play is the play of the century. Is it possible that this has or can contribute to disease spreading? Is that it has gone for a long time a cultural problem?

It’s not a problem for me, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Another tangential thought.

Hugging culture is a relatively new thing. I am of the generation of hand shaking fathers, uncles etc. We’ve gotten over it and thats great.

However, up until this covid debacle, hugging/touching ritualistically and excessively is a real thing. Some social group’s can’t go a few minutes without the contact. Watch a high school level sports event, for example. It’s as if every play is the play of the century. Is it possible that this has or can contribute to disease spreading? Is that it has gone for a long time a cultural problem?

It’s not a problem for me, just an observation.
    I think it may vary a lot within families and within cultures at large. My dad's family were always big huggers (his parents were born in the 19-teens, and my great grandfather was said to be openly affectionate as well). My mom's family, much less so. Not to mention my one sister-in-law, who's from Argentina, with an Italian grandmother-- everyone is greeted with an embrace and a kiss on both cheeks. So I wouldn't say it's a new thing, but maybe it's more common in American culture than it used to be.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    ... Watch a high school level sports event, for example. It’s as if every play is the play of the century. Is it possible that this has or can contribute to disease spreading? . . .
    Would that be a bad thing, particularly as it would be among young healthy people? Would it not give C19 a chance to adapt to to its human host, and thus become less lethal? I think a virus prefers a living host over a dead one, so that it may continue to live.

I'm not anything close to a biologist, so beware of this pure hackery.