starting strength gym
Page 430 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3303804204284294304314324404805309301430 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Why does it have to be federal? This became federal: https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/12...689409/photo/1

A total of 15 FBI agents were required to determine that NASCAR has not been infested by the KKK. Exactly how many people have been arrested for destroying federal monuments in the time this took? Seems like the local authorities are not any more incapable of getting the job done that these fools.
    Because it IS Federal.

It is two international terrorist organizations operation across state lines in the US and overseas.. That makes it federal.

I get your frustration with the state of things that hate crimes even exist, let alone justify the Feds being involved, but just because one use is stupid doesn't mean all uses are. And even in the hate crimes case above, it is a legislative problem as much as a tactical one. The whole rediculous idea of hate crimes should be abolished, but until they are we should expect to see them investigated by the Feds.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    How generous of you for living with someone like-minded. You're the fucking problem. You have to be willing to live with people who AREN'T like-minded, but agree to let you hold your own differing opinions and beliefs. You have to talk with people you disagree with, and they have to be willing to talk to you. Because when we stop talking, even in utter disagreement, there WILL be blood.
    What you just described is like mindedness, dumb ass.

But there are entire groups of people who will do you harm over disagreements. You can choose to commit suicide by ignoring them, but I will not.

And if you continue to divide the world up into groups instead of dealing with the actual individuals in your life at arms' length... you're going to become the same murderous tyrant that the Marxists are.
    Sure thing. Slippery slope from acknowledging the reality of actual group trends and me throwing people in the gulag.

Fun fact: I am not dividing anyone. I'm just pointing out divisions that exist.

And you can just STFU with your assumptions of how I treat individuals. You have zero knowledge of the matter, just your blind faith that spouts the kind of self contradicting stupidity you did above.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Because it IS Federal.
    What you just described is like mindedness, dumb ass.

But there are entire groups of people who will do you harm over disagreements. You can choose to commit suicide by ignoring them, but I will not.
    Man, how lucky am I? My own personal Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Sure thing. Slippery slope from acknowledging the reality of actual group trends and me throwing people in the gulag.

Fun fact: I am not dividing anyone. I'm just pointing out divisions that exist.

And you can just STFU with your assumptions of how I treat individuals. You have zero knowledge of the matter, just your blind faith that spouts the kind of self contradicting stupidity you did above.
    I feel like you're upset, George. Are you drunk?

George, first off the cops are not hiding in their stations while Feds protect their buildings. They can’t leave their PDs without security, otherwise the rioters will take them over, just watch the news and see what happened to Minneapolis and Seattle. So, Feds offered to protect the PDs so more cops could be on the streets patrolling the best they can. Trouble is, most of these cities are run by liberals who have handcuffed what the cops can do.

Secondingly, yes the Feds do have “SWAT” teams, but do you really think the FBI, HSI, or DEA trains their agents to dismantle riots??? They are trained and equipped to serve warrants. But, regardless of their job function, how many agents do you think are on these SRT teams??? Look at NYC for example, I believe it’s the largest field office for every federal agency. So, let’s take HSI for example. They have roughly 7000 agents and about 500 assigned to NYC. Out of those 500 maybe 50 agents are assigned to a SRT teams. Do you really think 50 (at most) agents are really going to make a difference? Let’s not forgot, most of specially trained units, especially on the east coast, were most likely sent to DC to protect the Capital.

You thought Ruby Ridge and Waco worked? Imagine if federal agents just opened up on a crowd of rioters . You know how many unarmed people would be killed? that would make everything worse.

Man, how lucky am I? My own personal Batman.

I feel like you're upset, George. Are you drunk?
    Gentlemen...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Gentlemen...
    Acknowledged, and my apologies.

George: your move, but do try to be more specific if you're calling me out something, and can we agree on no further personal attacks?

If you read Norman Podhoretz's (in)famous essay about growing up in a diverse neighborhood in Brooklyn in the 1940s, you see how little has changed in America in 80 years.

https://twitter.com/dpinsen/status/1...109703168?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Willk87 View Post
    Secondingly, yes the Feds do have “SWAT” teams, but do you really think the FBI, HSI, or DEA trains their agents to dismantle riots??? They are trained and equipped to serve warrants. But, regardless of their job function, how many agents do you think are on these SRT teams??? Look at NYC for example, I believe it’s the largest field office for every federal agency. So, let’s take HSI for example. They have roughly 7000 agents and about 500 assigned to NYC. Out of those 500 maybe 50 agents are assigned to a SRT teams. Do you really think 50 (at most) agents are really going to make a difference? Let’s not forgot, most of specially trained units, especially on the east coast, were most likely sent to DC to protect the Capital.
    I am not saying that the FBI and Homeland Security have to specifically use their own men for everything, but they lead federal investigations which leads to greater resources than local PDs can provide as well as untying local's hands by making them answerable to them rather than these scumbag mayors. The National Guard is certainly an option, but I think that a more surgical approach is what is needed.

I also think simply declaring that we are done with these shits and declaring them the terrorist they are is a huge step in the right direction. A bounty would be great too, but I'd settle for just being given the benefit of the doubt and having regular self defense laws apply.

You thought Ruby Ridge and Waco worked? Imagine if federal agents just opened up on a crowd of rioters . You know how many unarmed people would be killed? that would make everything worse.
    I am not justifying the actual choice to even mess with either group. From what I know of the cases, it wasn't warranted, but look at what actually happened. What was the actual fallout? If the ATF/FBI could kill a bunch of people without cause and get no real blow back I imagine there would be literal applause from the normals to see a bunch of terrorists arrested and shot as needed.

But who is saying anything about opening up on unarmed crowds? The rules of engagement don't need to change beyond what is normal for investigating and arresting people. We can expect death because of how these animals are behaving, but so what? We don't enforce the law because of the potential for people to be shot?

Might as well defund the police and send in the social workers to get raped and killed instead.

George, first off the cops are not hiding in their stations while Feds protect their buildings. They can’t leave their PDs without security, otherwise the rioters will take them over, just watch the news and see what happened to Minneapolis and Seattle. So, Feds offered to protect the PDs so more cops could be on the streets patrolling the best they can. Trouble is, most of these cities are run by liberals who have handcuffed what the cops can do.

The only Feds trained and equipped for some types of riots and crowd control are corrections folk. Which were deployed in DC in black unmarked t-shirts that gave every media type and conspiracist the vapors. No, George knows what he knows. Which appears to be little to nothing of the consequences of letting slip the dogs of LE for this task. Not that those consequences bother me. But this ubermensch he has in mind for the task is unlikely to exist.

starting strength coach development program
    In outher Covid related news, masks are now mandatory in the state of Washington. They're using lack of intensive care beds as their excuse.

Washington state makes it a crime to not wear a mask | Disrn

Unfortunately I think that more places will get hit by this kind of stuff. I've heard through the grape vine that some people are in hysterics over the fact that their are unmasked people when they leave their home.