starting strength gym
Page 431 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3313814214294304314324334414815319311431 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    The rules of engagement don't need to change beyond what is normal for investigating and arresting people. .
    Maybe you missed it, but this part right here is what a lot of people are pissed off about.

University of Washington predicts a very specific 179,106 deaths from COVID-19 by October 1st.

COVID-19

They're not done with this bullshit yet. Today, a bunch of Governors from NY, NJ, and CT decided to put in place a mandatory 14-day quarantine for all visitors to those states who are from states with 10% or higher positivity test rates. So, if Rip is driving a truckload of barbells from Texas to NY to help build a gym, does this mean he has to quarantine for 14 days? I thought we had commerce laws to protect against this sort of tyranny from the states, but I guess while we're wiping our ass with Constitution lately, we might as well do so with this.

Tri-State to Require Visitors from COVID 19 Hotspots to Quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    How peaceful and cooperative! How is that murder investigation coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Well you know, it’s important for the government to keep us from getting sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    University of Washington predicts a very specific 179,106 deaths from COVID-19 by October 1st.

COVID-19

They're not done with this bullshit yet. Today, a bunch of Governors from NY, NJ, and CT decided to put in place a mandatory 14-day quarantine for all visitors to those states who are from states with 10% or higher positivity test rates. So, if Rip is driving a truckload of barbells from Texas to NY to help build a gym, does this mean he has to quarantine for 14 days? I thought we had commerce laws to protect against this sort of tyranny from the states, but I guess while we're wiping our ass with Constitution lately, we might as well do so with this.

Would like to see the raw data. Looks like they’re extrapolating a too-high order polynomial fit, which would be another inexcusable “mistake”. Seems difficult to measure that much curvature in the data accurately.

Incompetent tools and fools?

Why are they picking Oct 1? Seems if you extrapolate to 12/31, you're getting around 200k in the US dead. Right? So, those statistics aren't terrible.

And for the quarantine for visitors to NY/NJ, I was in favor of this when FL did it originally several weeks ago. So, for me, this is not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post

COVID-19

I have watched some of these "protests" through live streams on Youtube, whereby the footage is as it happens on the ground and without any censorship. It gives you an idea of how these people actually think, act and organize without a media organisation putting their spin on it.

All I can say after observing for several weeks, is that the vast majority of the time these protest groups are at best disjointed and chaotic in terms of their ability to work together. Half of the time they walk around like zombies arguing amongst themselves about where to march, how fast to walk, who is in charge, who should hold the megaphone...this list goes on. In between the normal activities of yelling verbal abuse at cops and monotone chanting, I've seen these groups splinter on countless occasions and attack each other more than I have seen any uniformity to fight their common cause.

Modelling and its short-comings have been discussed extensively. I don't believe its a polynomial fitting process at all, the differential equations in this area usually lead to solutions that are basically exponential over a certain time period. Forecasting with these can rapidly get out of hand.

starting strength coach development program
    The latest development: Texas Medical Center hospital ICUs at 97 percent capacity | khou.com

As the number of patients hospitalized with the coronavirus has reached record highs 12 days in a row, there are warning signs that Houston hospitals are nearing a tipping point.

At the Texas Medical Center in Houston, 97 percent of ICU beds were occupied on Tuesday. Twenty-seven percent of those ICU patients have COVID-19.