starting strength gym
Page 436 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3363864264344354364374384464865369361436 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    The universalist, like Mr. David A. Rowe who passionately opposed my ideas of white advocacy, believes there are no significant and fundamental racial differences that necessarily lead to different material outcomes. While the left makes its persuasive arguments about the structural nature of racism, the universalist disputes this and says people get the outcomes they have, and deserve, because it's all down to individual choice, and individual responsibility.

However, as a universalist, how do you explain a situation where an entire racial group is so over-represented in crime statistics, for example, with 13% of the population committing half the crimes? The same racial group, on average, is filling up the prison population, and are far poorer, and unemployed at higher rates, etc. How does the universalist challenge the left, and explain these figures without being racist? They cannot. They'll try to argue that the millions of people in said racial group, who are behaving this way, just so happen to ALL be making bad decisions as individuals, and are failing to take personal responsibility as individuals. Failing that, they'll pretend they are colour-blind, blame it on "culture" and will call the left the real racists for even categorizing people along those lines in the first place.
    1. I'm not a universalist, but I do believe in the necessity and efficacy of speaking truthfully. Not THE truth. Just truthfully. It's also why humility is important. So you don't overestimate your own perception of the world (hint: I ALWAYS allow for the possibility that I'm wrong, but I make a decision and act, regardless).

2. You're an idiot if you think that one race is more susceptible to learned helplessness, poverty and drug abuse. The distinction did not come FROM their race. It came from the government who subsidizes their misery and uses its "assistance" to "teach" them that they're victims BY their race. It's no coincidence that you can clearly map correlation between which communities are subsidized by the government more and which suffer more by measurable metrics.

You can also see, if you look, where the white community is doing its best to catch up with fatherless homes and drug abuse. The only thing that they have going for them is they're in the country so no one gives a shit in the city when white people kill themselves in despair.

3. I didn't imply that you're racist. I explicitly said I disagreed with your idea. Just like I'm stating now that I disagree with you. Unless you care to explain to me how humanity's free will does NOT put the individual as the locus for decision making. I'll wait.

Oh, and I don't think you're racist (no, really). And you're not a race-a-phobe. You're just race averse, and selectively. Your feelings better, now?

4. Let me be more direct if Rip will allow it: stop being a cunt. If you want to challenge my position, do so. If you don't agree, that's fine. But stop putting fucking words in my mouth.

On another note, I attended my town hall meeting on an emergency ordinance to make people wear face masks. It failed 3-4, and instead they passed a resolution to nay nay everyone who didn't want to wear masks and encourage it. Which was absolutely 100% a political move so that they could be seen doing something without actually doing anything. It was also pretty awesome, because the only person who didn't fuck with, touch constantly, remove repeated, uncover their nose, and was "properly fit" and of a decent material had enough facial hair under it to make the whole thing a moot point. If I actually contract the WuFlu... it will be because I caught it there.

And speaking of... Charleston passed an emergency ordinance requiring face masks in the city that they could not enforce, and it even says they will not enforce it with the Police. They will use their new Not Police to un-oppressively strongly suggest and re-educate those within the sacred boundaries of their city to Do the Right Thing and Flatten the Curve (again... I guess? NO CURVES!). There's so many new cases in the state that DOZENS of beds may be needed for the hospitalizations and we'll have to pile the SEVERAL bodies in the streets again, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbinck1 View Post
    Testing negative doesn’t mean you don’t have it. Unfortunately the test is far from ideal. There are people that have tested negative that when we retest have it. There are people that test positive then when they are better test negative but when retested for their second negative test test positive again. That is the sorry truth of the mess. The other part of it is the best way to get this is to go to a place with a lot of people and spend a lot of time there. So whether it is a bad idea is really a matter of how much risk you are willing to take. Honestly I would be much more worried about getting it myself from being exposed to someone at a party. My personal belief is you can avoid contracting this altogether by washing your hands and being careful about your exposure, and in 6 months a vaccine may be available to end this nightmare. So do I hide in my house all day afraid? No. But I am careful. I don’t hang out with large groups of people, I wash my hands a fair bit and I am very careful at work.
    Right, but last I heard the WHO was saying asymptomatic people very rarely transmit it. I saw, I think it was you, mention the risk of long term lung damage, but I'm 28 and am not concerned about getting it, in fact I feel better getting COVID and letting my body make antibodies to combat it in the future rather than take some rushed vaccine. My concern is infecting my parents and other older people. I appreciate the information you provided though, I’m gonna delay my trip til after my buddy’s party just to be sure I don’t spread it to his parents and shit.

Are you guys really talking about different 'races' expressing different phenotypes as 'success' and/or 'intelligence'? No one publishes anything on this topic because there's no data, no clear definitions, and no way to conduct meaningful experiments. And thus the null hypothesis is assumed to be true, that there is no significant difference. Its not a conspiracy.

OK so there is claimed to be a surge of new Kung Flu cases. There is now a vast oversupply of ventilators for those who get it bad. Thanks of Ford and other manufacturers who jumped on the Newsom, Cuomo, Pritzker troika who switched over WWII style from their regular line of products to ventilators.

Next issue?

Benton, IL, the county seat of Franklin County, is removing the noose from an exhibit of the last public hanging in Illinois. Noose removed from exhibit at Historic Jail Museum

What sets aback about this is that the hanging in question was of the white (and non-observant Jew) Charlie Birger a cold blooded killer and gangster who came up on the losing end of the Birger/Shelton gang war down here in Egypt land.

Pretty damn relevant: YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    Are you guys really talking about different 'races' expressing different phenotypes as 'success' and/or 'intelligence'? No one publishes anything on this topic because there's no data, no clear definitions, and no way to conduct meaningful experiments. And thus the null hypothesis is assumed to be true, that there is no significant difference. Its not a conspiracy.
    Learn to quote the post you're referring to.