starting strength gym
Page 437 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3373874274354364374384394474875379371437 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Well shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    Well. I don't know what to drink.
    Fixed that one for you Sean!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Next issue?
    A possible delayed major uptick in fatalities? I’m guessing not. But I’ll be following CDC’s covid weekly mortality #s. Wednesdays, 5pm.

There's 0 incentive to open a bar/restauarant/etc ever again at this point.

I predict that the Dakotas and Wyoming will see a surge in new residents in the coming years. If even the Republican governor of Texas is caving to the hysteria I don't have much hope for this country anymore.

1-week bereavement leave to mourn deaths of unarmed black people by police...Democratic Mayor Ted Wheeler announced earlier this month that he would instruct managers to approve a week of leave without question
    Does this offer include the Portland police?

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    There's 0 incentive to open a bar/restauarant/etc ever again at this point.

I predict that the Dakotas and Wyoming will see a surge in new residents in the coming years.
    There's a reason so few people live in the Dakotas and Wyoming

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I do.

Rolling this back sets a super shitty precedent. This backslide to me is easily worse than the initial dividing of us into essential and non-essential.

When the idiots who ONLY look at the scary headlines and refuse to delve deeper into the data will shut schools and board up businesses with the backing of our governor.

NOW we have acquiesced AGAIN. But not by force...."We the people" demanded it.

The really bad parts is, I think we will quickly do it again....and at any provocation. Flu season in 2020 will be the end of us unless we collectively grow a pair of balls.

Not sure we come back from this...existential despair is starting to set it.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by Bbinck1 View Post
    Testing negative doesn’t mean you don’t have it. Unfortunately the test is far from ideal. There are people that have tested negative that when we retest have it. There are people that test positive then when they are better test negative but when retested for their second negative test test positive again. That is the sorry truth of the mess. The other part of it is the best way to get this is to go to a place with a lot of people and spend a lot of time there. So whether it is a bad idea is really a matter of how much risk you are willing to take. Honestly I would be much more worried about getting it myself from being exposed to someone at a party. My personal belief is you can avoid contracting this altogether by washing your hands and being careful about your exposure, and in 6 months a vaccine may be available to end this nightmare. So do I hide in my house all day afraid? No. But I am careful. I don’t hang out with large groups of people, I wash my hands a fair bit and I am very careful at work.
    There is a bit more to testing than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbinck1 View Post
    Testing negative doesn't mean you don't have it."\
    This is always possible. False negatives are a thing in testing. However there are simply too many questions around these cases to know what is going on. Were both tests PCR? Antibody? A mixture?

Testing is far to complex to type out on this board, but its always good to confirm test results. PCR tests are very specific and highly accurate (the same test methodology used in DNA testing) but if you do not have the virus, it would likely be negative (assuming the PCR test is highly specific to unique nucleotide strings.) Antibody tests have a lot of mitigating factors around what they mean.

Suffice it to say a test in and of itself, in general are very specific and generally highly reliable. There is a lot about CV19 that is misunderstood, outright BS and overblown, but testing as a clinical measure really is exempt.

Gyms will be next. There are no brakes on the slide back into lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Benton, IL, the county seat of Franklin County, is removing the noose from an exhibit of the last public hanging in Illinois. Noose removed from exhibit at Historic Jail Museum

What sets aback about this is that the hanging in question was of the white (and non-observant Jew) Charlie Birger a cold blooded killer and gangster who came up on the losing end of the Birger/Shelton gang war down here in Egypt land.
    All nooses now are racist. What's next?

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    All nooses now are racist. What's next?
    All circles of any type. Kinda like everything longer than it is wide is phallic.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    All circles of any type. Kinda like everything longer than it is wide is phallic.
    Next up: firearms. More black people get killed by them than white people. The only logical conclusion is that guns are racist.