starting strength gym
Page 442 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3423924324404414424434444524925429421442 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So glad I didn't book a holiday to Spain this summer...

YouTube

More of the Sorosism vote manipulation scheme:
    Progressive donor group announces $59M vote-by-mail campaign (Way to Win in conjunction with Soros' Open Societies Foundation)

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie Hartmann View Post
    The problem with stupid people is that we live within a social structure where they have control over how I live my life. They can vote. And in my experience, they are far more likely to vote for piss poor policies/representatives than those of a higher intellect.

If we don't allow ourselves to accept that their are certain important differences between populations (like IQ) because it might hurt someones feelings, we cannot properly explain why these populations have different outcomes.
    I don't think the problem is low IQ. I think IQ is simply a measure of the ability the solve problems. That's the basis for other intellectual endeavors (invention, innovation, problem solving, etc) but I don't think it guarantees that a person can perform proper critical analysis. So, I think that the problem is that these voters lack critical thinking skills.

The good thing is that critical thinking can be taught, and it doesn't require a high IQ to learn it. The problem is that it isn't being taught. Watch a few minutes of CNN and you can see that they use psychological manipulation to program the opinion of their viewers. They trigger the viewers emotions to influence their opinion. This is successful because those viewers do not have critical thinking skills: they can't separate their emotions from reason and logic and CNN takes advantage of this mental weakness. With just basic critical thinking skills a person can quickly dismiss the garbage put out by the biased media outlets.

Not that anyone happens to give a fuck, but the plus side of all this dumbfuckery is that I'm finally getting my home gym together as production ramps up again. Thanks to Rip for the article on that. If nothing else, the past few months have really cemented exactly how much I hated going to the shitty gyms in my area to begin with. No more waiting for access to one of the two power racks or deadlift platforms in the facility. No more wasted time driving. No more weak uninformed fuckheads giving me unsolicited advice while trying to engage me in nauseating small talk. No more going to the gym between 0000 and 0400 just to avoid all that nonsense. Between the home gym, Walmart grocery pickup and Amazon delivery there's few reasons for me to go inside anywhere or interact with anyone anymore. This might be the closest approximation to happiness I've ever felt.

That's it. I have nothing constructive to add to the conversation. I've mentally checked out from this nonsense. I'm going to the cabin with my dog now. I hope everyone has a pleasant week in this increasingly dystopian hellscape.

It may be a shocker to learn that science has become a guild. Everyone knows that hereditarians are shunned in their field, and not just because they are considered simply ignorant of the truth, but also because of the dominance of left-leaning beliefs in our culture makes their views, and the questions they ask, intensely unfashionable. Heresy, actually. Heretics who question the dogmas of the left with crimethink are needed now more than ever.

To acknowledge the difficulties, and margin of error, involved in trying to sample national IQ datasets across different countries and cultures is one thing. To question the results' validity and usefulness is fine.

To try to entirely rubbish the usefulness of IQ as a measurement in this context, and just dismiss it out of hand as pseudoscience as some people do, is, in my opinion, being very dishonest. This is to be expected. Our society, from top to bottom, is completely dishonest about the politics of race, as we've just witnessed.

Whether national differences in personality traits and intelligence are genetic, or the if the brain is 84% genome, or if it's all environmental, doesn't really matter at this point. Human social behaviour is irrational enough for those in power to present us with the right kind of choice architecture, and nudge our decisions towards the desired direction so our behaviour is compatible with their designs. All the while maintaining the illusion of politics as a realm of individual agents all getting to decide their own future by exercising their free will. This whole Black Lives Matter shit-show is no spontaneous, organic grass-roots event. It's an engineered product of the corporate world and was created in a marketing department meeting, where they also invented Berniecrats.

That which was good about Western civilization is dying regardless of any answer to the environmental/genetic argument, and it's due to mass immigration - which we've been told to accept is simply good for us, but we were never asked if we wanted it in the first place. This "replacism" politics is made possible by disenfranchising the native population and the ideas behind Black Lives Matter are the tools they've chosen to terrify us with to the the point of self-censoring our own thoughts about said mass immigration.

These racial tensions are allowed to play out in public, with everything we hold dear to be declared old-fashioned, ethically unsound and destroyed by the mob, right in front of our faces in order to demoralize us even further. So, yeah let's *nasally voice* pour over the data some more, and wait another 20 years for the rational world of science to maybe issue us with official permission so we can finally go extinguish our house-fire and save what's left.

There is a huge panic going on in Texas right now.

Zero chance that we have any sort of normal for the foreseeable future. Does not matter what the facts are....Val Verde County (next door to us) has a population of just under 50k. There are 150 confirmed cases...and the reaction has been as if the world is ending there and here. (That is .3% of the pop) People are saying, I am wearing a mask to protect my children...who are at home right now. Nonsensical.

Fear is a powerful tool.

GODS dammit I feel impotent to stop the screwing of the world, people, economy, etc....

sb

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    This whole Black Lives Matter shit-show is no spontaneous, organic grass-roots event. It's an engineered product of the corporate world and was created in a marketing department meeting, where they also invented Berniecrats.
    The first part of that statement is undoubtedly true. Or, even if its inception were organic, its current iterations are not. But the second part of that statement makes zero sense. The "corporate world" is an amalgamation of large organizations which are inherently resistant to change, and BLM is inherently threatening to the status quo. The fact that some big corporations (Target, Disney, etc.) individually have made overtures to BLM and other identity movements isn't really proof of origin. Rather it's those organizations hedging based on where they think the wind is blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    It may be a shocker to learn that science has become a guild. Everyone knows that hereditarians are shunned in their field, and not just because they are considered simply ignorant of the truth, but also because of the dominance of left-leaning beliefs in our culture makes their views, and the questions they ask, intensely unfashionable. Heresy, actually. Heretics who question the dogmas of the left with crimethink are needed now more than ever.

To acknowledge the difficulties, and margin of error, involved in trying to sample national IQ datasets across different countries and cultures is one thing. To question the results' validity and usefulness is fine.

To try to entirely rubbish the usefulness of IQ as a measurement in this context, and just dismiss it out of hand as pseudoscience as some people do, is, in my opinion, being very dishonest. This is to be expected. Our society, from top to bottom, is completely dishonest about the politics of race, as we've just witnessed.

Whether national differences in personality traits and intelligence are genetic, or the if the brain is 84% genome, or if it's all environmental, doesn't really matter at this point. Human social behaviour is irrational enough for those in power to present us with the right kind of choice architecture, and nudge our decisions towards the desired direction so our behaviour is compatible with their designs. All the while maintaining the illusion of politics as a realm of individual agents all getting to decide their own future by exercising their free will. This whole Black Lives Matter shit-show is no spontaneous, organic grass-roots event. It's an engineered product of the corporate world and was created in a marketing department meeting, where they also invented Berniecrats.

That which was good about Western civilization is dying regardless of any answer to the environmental/genetic argument, and it's due to mass immigration - which we've been told to accept is simply good for us, but we were never asked if we wanted it in the first place. This "replacism" politics is made possible by disenfranchising the native population and the ideas behind Black Lives Matter are the tools they've chosen to terrify us with to the the point of self-censoring our own thoughts about said mass immigration.

These racial tensions are allowed to play out in public, with everything we hold dear to be declared old-fashioned, ethically unsound and destroyed by the mob, right in front of our faces in order to demoralize us even further. So, yeah let's *nasally voice* pour over the data some more, and wait another 20 years for the rational world of science to maybe issue us with official permission so we can finally go extinguish our house-fire and save what's left.
    No offence, but you seem to be making up most of what you said. Professors are tenured, they can publish anything they want. And working on IQ tests and other historical data is dirt cheap and requires little or no money. Also, there are plenty of more right-leaning institutions and think tanks where such work can be done if desired. And lastly, anyone with a background in stats can take historical data and work with it, including emeritus professors who could care less what anyone thinks, even if they were at a liberal school. The reality is that correlational studies are viewed as low quality, because they don't prove causality, and they've been repeatedly shown to result in erroneous conclusions. And the days of assessing one's genome using a paper test is long gone since the advent of high throughput sequencing in 2004. This has nothing to do with race. It has to do with the value of correlational studies, and the value of IQ tests as measure of genetic differences in an era with rapid genome sequencing. So yes, the use of an IQ test is old fashioned for this purpose. An IQ test is useful, for instance, if a kid is having trouble in school, and you're trying to find out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    ...Rather it's those organizations hedging based on where they think the wind is blowing.
    Much of it is follow-the-leader, and most corps read from the same book.

starting strength coach development program
    Neo-liberal capitalism doesn't recognise BLM's street violence, cultural erasure and police reform as any sort of existential threat. None of the anti-white changes it proposes would harm economic growth or monopolization. It isn't economic Marxism they propose, it is anti-whiteism. So, an occasional perfunctory hemorrhaging of charitable donations to Black Lives Matter activism, or black trannies who want womb transplants, or whatever the fuck, is part of their business plan and par for the course these days.

The biggest enemy of the Big Tech monopoly is the dissenting right-wing, whom they deplatform and censor the most. They share the same enemy with BLM.

These companies can drape themselves in rainbow colours one week, then go full Black Lives Matter the next without skipping a beat.

Mass immigration, and the so called "browning" of the West with disposable, low-skilled labour and new consumers would actually be a boon for these companies.