starting strength gym
Page 453 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3534034434514524534544554635035539531453 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    My impression of Trump is that he only listens to one person at a time, and maybe overly relies on people with limited purviews to integrate information for him, and then shops among them for more palatable points of view, which makes his policy moves look spastic.
    Sully, this article is about 4x too long and needs editing for other reasons, but as someone else in the business, maybe this is a more complete way to understand Trump and his spastic policy moves?

A Duty To Differentially Diagnose: The Validity Underpinning The Diagnosis Of The President

Quote Originally Posted by georger View Post
    This is a nice, narrow point in this sprawling discussion: my reading is that the circumstance of a novel pandemic means my actions in terms of becoming infected or not do, in fact, directly impact the risk that others -- some of whom are quite vulnerable -- will face of being infected and some pretty nasty sequelae. A bit like with drunk driving - we aren't just concerned about you, the driver. Real question: are libertarians generally against legislation that punishes operating motor vehicles while under the influence of intoxicating substances? Or do you simply reject the analogy when it comes to exposing others to increased risk of a non-treatable infection?
    The analogy is bullshit. We know who is at risk of death from COVID. They need to stay safe, i.e. home. Their relatives need to be careful, while I have no responsibility to other people's grandparents. A drunk driver is obviously not the same thing, because anybody else driving on the same road has a reasonable expectation that I will not kill them. Some people are not willing to operate under this assumption, and they should not drive. Life involves risk. Perhaps the fundamental problem here is the premise you hold.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Again, Faucis role is to lay out the scenario, not to decide. MLB, local permitting governments, et al get to decide whether to put on events. Want a big crowd without some kind of spike in cases? Not gonna happen, not yet, says Fauci, and in most places he’d be right. Doesn’t mean you can’t do it. So if you have your big crowd, expect and plan for your spike. MLB, NASCAR, etc get to decide if they want to take the heat from our nation of amateur epidemiologists and amateur (And professional) litigators.
    Why is he right about NASCAR and not right about riots/"protests"?

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Bumping continued evidence for decline in C19 mortality:

COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

If current political and media warnings are accurate, this should trend up . . . soon?
    They hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    The whole thing is a case-study in guilt transfer. No one wants to take responsibility or blame for anything, so guilt gets crowd-sourced to the population at large.

The economy might be irreparably damaged, my neighbors might all lose their jobs, but at least no one can tell me that I don't care about grandma.

If we're all guilty, then no one is guilty.
    This is the basis of Bureaucracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    Look at the recent situation with the Mcloskey's. That anti-white gang that broke into his private residence were threatening to kill them and even their dog.
    IN the interest of accuracy, no one broke into a private residence. The crowd did break into a private community. Sadly, the couple involved allowed the crowd to control the video narrative of what occurred. Rather then waving the pistol she showed little knowledge of, she should have been filming the crowd, with particulate attention to those with weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Speaking of which, the current Pope has in fact been misquoted and poorly translated (so he also has claimed) in a manner by the media, both the US and EU media, to advance their progressive agenda. But then I've been calling that guy a new Borgia Pope for some years now.
    Can you clarify this, Hurling? Are you saying that Bergolio's so-called "heresy" for lack of a better term and not my term is the product of the media's agenda?

There are plenty of people in the Church that speak Italian/Spanish and understand Latin and seem to have a pretty good idea as to what the guy has been saying. They can also see what he's been doing. It's pretty plain from even the most cursory view that he's in no way going to usher in some grand return to the Faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    IN the interest of accuracy, no one broke into a private residence. The crowd did break into a private community. Sadly, the couple involved allowed the crowd to control the video narrative of what occurred. Rather then waving the pistol she showed little knowledge of, she should have been filming the crowd, with particulate attention to those with weapons.
    It was their garden - their private residence. Perhaps in America, 'residence' refers only to the actual building. Nevertheless, these subhumans destroyed the ornate wrought iron gate, breached a perimeter that was there for a reason and threatened the lives of those law-abiding residents who were exercising their second amendment rights and protecting themselves and their property. The Mcloskeys had SEEN what these terrorists had done earlier in St Louis. They understood there was a clear and present danger.

This is the problem. You say citizens should be reaching for cameras?! In such a situation, i hope all business owners, home owners, and others who need to protect their kin and their property from these violent, erratic and ignorant neo-Bolsheviks will reach for their gun!

Hi this forums discussion surrounding the civil unrest experienced in the US has made me think of something. Some people I know have had a dispute with neighbours and since then have been harassed by them and, more recently, some thugs have obviously been hired to throw bricks through their windows. The police have been as useful as chocolate teapots. In the US, if your home was invaded and you used lethal force, would the law be understanding? Is there a low incidence of breaking and entry because statistically homeowners are more likely to be armed?

I am genuinely of the opinion that the police in the UK have become impotent to the extent that we need to demand the right to defend ourselves.

Does the CDC share the same goal as Danielle Allen of Harvard in The Path to Zero? Link below, end of third paragraph.

The Path to Zero: Researchers and Public Health Experts Unite to Bring Clarity to Key Metrics Guiding Coronavirus Response | Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Do cloth masks and the like help with curbing or stopping the spread of this virus?
    I don’t know. They probably help a bit.

What kind of "dirty" gets on "things" that are assembled in "clean" environments that a mask stops? I am genuinely curious about this. What the fuck is coming out of your face?
    Lots of things require assembly/manufacture in extremely clean (is low particle count) environments. Microelectronics are probably the largest example, where a spec of dust can ruin wafer bonding. I’ve worked with vacuum equipment where a piece of dust/skin/saliva/hair/etc can contaminate the system and waste several weeks of time to reclean things. Obviously people working in cleanrooms wear real masks, not cloth.

Will you continue to wear a mask in a crowded place, long after covid19 is moot, to ward off other pathogens (pathogen=any foreign infectious agent) including the common cold (a corona virus)?
    No, because they’re not nearly as dangerous as covid19. Some people might not agree with that statement but that’s been beaten to death here so if you dispute that, so be it.

Do cloth masks and the like help with curbing or stopping the spread of this virus?

What kind of "dirty" gets on "things" that are assembled in "clean" environments that a mask stops? I am genuinely curious about this. What the fuck is coming out of your face?

Will you continue to wear a mask in a crowded place, long after covid19 is moot, to ward off other pathogens (pathogen=any foreign infectious agent) including the common cold (a corona virus)?
    I must admit, if I thought a mask would help me avoid the common cold, I'd walk around in one all the time. Nothing screws up my training like the getting sick. With that said, I think the main benefit of the mask is OTHER people wearing them.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    There is an even stronger correlation between poverty and IQ, and IQ and Race. The most popular and famous work on this is The Bell Curve by Herrnstein & Murray. The average IQ in Botswana is 65. The average IQ of Germany is 105. There are, of course, other things that define people's outcomes other than raw intelligence, such as character, inherited personality traits. But IQ is in itself a marker for ability to OVERCOME. Those with IQs above a certain range know that there are repercussions from committing violent crime; that perhaps fathering multiple children to multiple mothers without providing anything for any of them won't give the children their own best start (especially the boys); that everything blacks in the US have been through since the 1630s has been for the betterment i=of blacks, since if things had gone otherwise, they'd likely still be living in mud shacks in whichever sub-equatorial hellhole their ancestors were freed from.

And what has been the purpose of Affirmative Action? To avoid "institutional white-on-black racism"? But there has been relatively little of that in the past 30 years. Is it to overcome the roadblocks caused by a lower average IQ than other groups and poor character traits? Definitely. Does AA bring in it's train a healthy meritocracy? No. This is why Tucker's recent idea of 'complete equality for all - a complete meritocracy' would never be enforced by those who shape the social and political fabric of the USA (mass media, politics and big business) - disparities of intelligence, character and psyche between different racial groups would become very obvious very quickly.

Skin colour and hair colour are only two very small markers of racial identity. One's race goes deeper than mere melanin, which i understand is totally contrary to what your uneducated school teacher and indoctrinated university lecturer told you. Why do blacks excel at boxing? One prominent biological reason is the greater bone density of the black skull. Skeletal differences between black and white men and their relevance to body composition estimates

Look at the recent situation with the Mcloskey's. That anti-white gang that broke into his private residence were threatening to kill them and even their dog. That's a microcosm of something that is the same that could come but on a much larger scale. Things happen much quicker in the USA than they do in South Africa. When there is a tacit 'permission slip' (enabled by the police standing down - something not even seen in South Africa!) that white lives are the lowest on the scale of human value due to ludicrous stories about a fabricated criminal past that the whites of the 21st century are as guilty for as their long since dead ancestors, then you have a mixture that results in wanton murder on a mass scale.

Fabricated victim status > organisation by self-hating white Leftists and other nefarious types > funding by global billionaires such as George Soros & Tom Steyer > backing of their mission by billion $ mass media outlets ACROSS THE WORLD.

If their enabling by media, financiers and weak/cowardly officials continues, what's to stop these hordes descending on white residential areas for a mixture of 'cleansing' and looting?

Leftists target whites because Western Civilization is a product of the white mind, and they wish to overthrow what remains of Western Civilization. Just like the 1960's counter-culture (counter to what? Whites!).
    https://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfreds...sen30years.pdf

That is a convincing article...