starting strength gym
Page 456 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3564064464544554564574584665065569561456 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    And on the subject of 911, there's no mention in any of the articles I've read of the couple calling 911. This is important, If you feel so threatened that you pick up a weapon, then as soon as possible you need to call 911.
    And what do you suppose 911 would have done in this situation? Have you seen lots of videos of the police in democrat jurisdictions riding to the rescue of armed homeowners?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And what do you suppose 911 would have done in this situation? Have you seen lots of videos of the police in democrat jurisdictions riding to the rescue of armed homeowners?
    I expect it would have absolutely no effect on the situation, the police are on vacation (not that I blame them) but there is an aftermath and better to have been the one calling "Oh my God, there's a mob outside my home threatening to kill me and my family" instead of letting the mob call "We're a group of (mostly) peaceful protesters and there's this crazy white couple threatening us with scary guns and calling us racial names"
    It's already been in the news that the couple were within their rights to confront the trespassing mob, but the district attorney is looking (witch hunting) to see if the couple had broken any other laws.

Right. No effect whatsoever on the situation, they obviously knew that, and at the moment there were bigger fish to fry. Like getting her to not shoot her husband accidentally. Knowing what I know, it would never have occurred to me to call 911 in those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    "Conspiracy theory" is the opposite of institutional analysis.

Just in this thread alone, we have uncovered so many institutional lies. In just the last 3 years, we have watched the media (an institution in the US) lead the public down wild goose chases...swearing they were true...and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them turned out to be COMPLETE FABRICATION.

Yet, we still turn our mind off as soon as a person points at evidence of "central planning by the unelected".

They planned the response to this virus. They have an agenda. This is not a theory. I know it's not trendy to point at [them] as the problem. But I won't stop.
    I'm trying to watch what's happening and predict what's going on: does the current trend of events mean that the "unelected planners" are about to take over everything, or are the past few months a last ditch attack by the elites before they finally lose power? It's hard to say at this point.

It's like a battle royal between the politicians, Fed bankers and the social media industry giants, and there can only be one Highlander. Either way, I don't think that any of us plebes will benefit from the fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    As one can see from comparing the available photos with Google Map, it was along the front of their house and without any video from the home owners that shows otherwise, it appears that most of the crowd was on the sidewalk and in the street. So while they were trespassing in a private community, they were not inside the couples private residence. Laws vary from state to state, but few states, if any, allow you to shoot somebody for stepping off the sidewalk onto your front lawn.

The reasoning behind the need to video any conflict, is if only one side is filming, they control the narrative the police and the district attorney see. As for the woman and her gun, that was sad, she clearly had no training in firearms, nor had the couple a plan/idea for what to do if forced to use their firearms. A plan that would have made sense: While he maintained over-watch with the rifle, is for her to have her firearm in a holster, call 911 and video the event, And on the subject of 911, there's no mention in any of the articles I've read of the couple calling 911. This is important, If you feel so threatened that you pick up a weapon, then as soon as possible you need to call 911.
    I would suggest you're perhaps not as well-informed of this incident as you think. I recommend you watch these two videos, which will fill the gaps in your knowledge here:

YouTube

YouTube

These guys need to get better get control of the narrative pretty soon, or more people will begin to realize that this is all bullshit:

Asymptomatic coronavirus transmission being rare is a fact: Dr. Atlas | On Air Videos | Fox Business

Our wise governor of WA tightened restrictions on the day that jobs report came out. Go figure.

He also shared an image that he said he hoped would convince the non-mask wearers to wear one. It was of Pence and McConnell wearing masks.

It underscores the fundamental misunderstanding and politicization by the Dems that those who choose not to wear masks don’t because they are Republicans. As if that is how mask/no mask is divided.

He’s just too stupid to understand ...

These guys need to get better get control of the narrative pretty soon, or more people will begin to realize that this is all bullshit:

Asymptomatic coronavirus transmission being rare is a fact: Dr. Atlas | On Air Videos | Fox Business
    My confirmation bias thanks you.

Kitsuma ...

Yet, we still turn our mind off as soon as a person points at evidence of "central planning by the unelected".

They planned the response to this virus. They have an agenda. This is not a theory. I know it's not trendy to point at [them] as the problem. But I won't stop.
    Alright, yes, the fluffy white-paper authors probably relish the chance to act on their theoretical scenarios. No doubt wealth can confer a heightened sense of purpose. And I do not dispute the enthusiasm for central planning, because the alternative is too difficult, cf. Horwitz’s article linked by Harlin above.

So keep at it.

starting strength coach development program
    Right. No effect whatsoever on the situation, they obviously knew that, and at the moment there were bigger fish to fry. Like getting her to not shoot her husband accidentally. Knowing what I know, it would never have occurred to me to call 911 in those circumstances.
    Perhaps, but did they ever call 911 and report the crime? If we're involved in the use of firearms in self defence, we need to show we were being good citizens and calling 911 is just one part of that. And again, controlling the narrative is important if you don't want to spend a lot of time in court defending yourself against a anti-firearms prosecutor.