starting strength gym
Page 457 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3574074474554564574584594675075579571457 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    I would suggest you're perhaps not as well-informed of this incident as you think. I recommend you watch these two videos, which will fill the gaps in your knowledge here:
    I only watched the first, the second appeared to be a talking head.
    Not sure what you're seeing that I'm not. In none of the video does it show the mob trespassing on the couples private residence. The sidewalk is not part of private residence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    We'll never solve the problem because the unelected planners ARE the problem.
    I disagree. The unelected planners can take their first pie in the sky cut at planning and exercise their ideal imaginations to arrive at the perfect process from their "perfect" models.

But at some point, the elected executive management has to put their seal of imprimatur on that. If THOSE clowns don't exercise some judgment and critical thinking and quash the perfect plan and scale it back to something less intrusive and damaging, then THAT is where the problem resides.

When the executives hide behind SCIENCE(!) as their fig leaf for action, it is either mere cowardice, mendacity, or stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Perhaps, but did they ever call 911 and report the crime? If we're involved in the use of firearms in self defence, we need to show we were being good citizens and calling 911 is just one part of that. And again, controlling the narrative is important if you don't want to spend a lot of time in court defending yourself against a anti-firearms prosecutor.
    Gerald, no crime was committed against them, because they were armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Perhaps I shouldn't speak for what Boggsy is getting at, but it seems to me he is making a case for managing the after-action legal fallout. This may seem counterintuitive in the heat of an engagement, but there is always the follow-on action of the cops (or immediate lack thereof) and the Monday morning quarterbacking a politically charged prosecutor might engage in. Which appears to be in process already in STL.

A way of getting attuned to these bad follow-on consequences is to read anything by Rory Miller and/or Lawrence Kane. A good beginning is "The Little Black Book of Violence." It gives examples of how you can survive and otherwise thrive an attack or engagement and get ground up by the criminal justice millstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think we're not on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Perhaps I shouldn't speak for what Boggsy is getting at, but it seems to me he is making a case for managing the after-action legal fallout. This may seem counterintuitive in the heat of an engagement, but there is always the follow-on action of the cops (or immediate lack thereof) and the Monday morning quarterbacking a politically charged prosecutor might engage in. Which appears to be in process already in STL.
    Exactly the point I was trying to make, thank you

One more lie to add to the heap. I and several others commented on the likely effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine despite the CNN campaign saying it was ineffective and the "experts" also making the same claim.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1278964201789194240

Rip, guns are bad. mmmmmkay? Private property is bad. mmmmkay? Defending yourself is wrong. mmmmmkay?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post

A way of getting attuned to these bad follow-on consequences is to read anything by Rory Miller and/or Lawrence Kane. A good beginning is "The Little Black Book of Violence." It gives examples of how you can survive and otherwise thrive an attack or engagement and get ground up by the criminal justice millstones.
    Learn to like salt while reading/listening to Kane. The most real life action he’s seen is throwing drunk frat bro’s out of UW football games.

I found Miller far more credible (from personal experience.)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    I think we're not on the same page.
    Legally, he could stand in his tightie-whities armed to the gills in his yard a foot away from the “protesters.” His wife has added a variable that will likely make her a sacrificial lamb, in that by her ineptitude, she wound up pointing her gun toward the crowd.

If this were a black couple the media would ignore it or praise them. Hell, they started down that road with the former marine that disarmed the “peaceful protester” here in Seattle but they quickly realized there are easier targets to advance their agenda.

This is what it will look like if “protesters” start moving into neighborhoods. But the outcome won’t hold.