starting strength gym
Page 458 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3584084484564574584594604685085589581458 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Learn to like salt while reading/listening to Kane. The most real life action he’s seen is throwing drunk frat bro’s out of UW football games.

I found Miller far more credible (from personal experience.)
    I have to agree about Kane, at least in part, and for the same reasons you do. Kane's personal examples of shit gone bad seemed to me at the time in "Violence" to have been exposing himself to venues and situations where trouble is more likely to occur. Like his foray into a punk rock club to hear a group. While Kane can speak articulately about levels of risk and threat, he often has a blind spot as to what the threshold for those levels are. But some his and Miller's later books don't have quite the same blind spot, or at least it's toned down a good deal.

Changing gears, the McCloskey's domicile in STL, Portland Place, is not in fact a public street or sidewalk. It was built early in the last century as a gated enclave and the street and sidewalks were not provided by the city. As such, those morlocks in front of their palatial home were trespassing from the get go. Now, a case might be made for the expectation of privacy by the residents of that enclave since there was less than totally effective access control at the perimeter. But that doesn't change the fact that those wastes of skin didn't belong there, even on the private sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    I think we're not on the same page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Gerald, no crime was committed against them, because they were armed.
    I think Rip's point is that the couple prevented a crime from being committed because they stepped out of their house and showed the rioters they weren't going to put up with any nonsense. Had they not done this, it's likely the rioters would have become violent.

SO...my earlier "stand" against HEB was made moot by the weak sauce governor of ours.

Now, I have seen the process in action that is causing the spike in the number of cases. Here in the tiny outpost of Rocksprings, TX, the testing carnival arrived yesterday. They tested EVERY human that showed up, and apparently they were busy. People who were not showing symptoms were standing in line to get tested. Now, it is well documented that there are lots of asymptomatic cases....possibly a STRONG majority of them.....and now these folks are part of the cases.

Previously, when the free tests came to Rocksprings, they only tested folks who had (or recently showed) symptoms. A huge change that will FOR SURE show more cases in Texas and cause the stupidity to continue, maybe perpetually.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I disagree. The unelected planners can take their first pie in the sky cut at planning and exercise their ideal imaginations to arrive at the perfect process from their "perfect" models.

But at some point, the elected executive management has to put their seal of imprimatur on that. If THOSE clowns don't exercise some judgment and critical thinking and quash the perfect plan and scale it back to something less intrusive and damaging, then THAT is where the problem resides.

When the executives hide behind SCIENCE(!) as their fig leaf for action, it is either mere cowardice, mendacity, or stupidity.
    Is Ghislaine Maxwell a "central planner"?

Based on my search of this forum, I don't think this has been discussed.

NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel - scroll to the very end, p145, App A, Table 2. It appears 8 Panel members have/had relationships with Gilead.

Conflict of interest?

https://files.covid19treatmentguidel...guidelines.pdf

Hats off to Sharyl Attkisson for this reporting.

And of the 23 relationships disclosed, 8 (35%) are with this company.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Exactly the point I was trying to make, thank you
    A dirty DA is worse than a corrupt cop. It does not matter what the legal standing was or wasn't. The DA does not care about the law. They only care about the political agenda. It is much like China or Russia in these cases; If they decide they are interested in prosecuting you, they will win or at least ruin your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    SO...my earlier "stand" against HEB was made moot by the weak sauce governor of ours.

Now, I have seen the process in action that is causing the spike in the number of cases. Here in the tiny outpost of Rocksprings, TX, the testing carnival arrived yesterday. They tested EVERY human that showed up, and apparently they were busy. People who were not showing symptoms were standing in line to get tested. Now, it is well documented that there are lots of asymptomatic cases....possibly a STRONG majority of them.....and now these folks are part of the cases.

Previously, when the free tests came to Rocksprings, they only tested folks who had (or recently showed) symptoms. A huge change that will FOR SURE show more cases in Texas and cause the stupidity to continue, maybe perpetually.

sb
    They have more than doubled testing in my state to cause a spike. As far as I can tell, they are also not adjusting for the false positive rate of 20%-30%. It looks like 75% of the spike being reported in my area might actually be false positives that they refused to adjust their numbers for.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    They have more than doubled testing in my state to cause a spike. As far as I can tell, they are also not adjusting for the false positive rate of 20%-30%. It looks like 75% of the spike being reported in my area might actually be false positives that they refused to adjust their numbers for.
    Oh crap. I had not seen that. Is the false positive really that high?

No clue if that is taken into account in the fiasco of Texas Testing for COVID.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Is Ghislaine Maxwell a "central planner"?
    You are going to have to decrypt this for me. I suppose it seems a cogent point to you, but I am clueless as to what you are getting at. Even if this is something of a departure from the topics discussed so far.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    One more lie to add to the heap. I and several others commented on the likely effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine despite the CNN campaign saying it was ineffective and the "experts" also making the same claim.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1278964201789194240

Rip, guns are bad. mmmmmkay? Private property is bad. mmmmkay? Defending yourself is wrong. mmmmmkay?
    In most cases in medicine, there will be some conflicting results among studies. The CNN article linked in the tweet suggests some reasons this observational study appears to contradict some larger observational studies and randomized trials. I think the higher use of steroids in the hydroxychloroquine group is the confounder that misled this particular study.