starting strength gym
Page 459 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3594094494574584594604614695095599591459 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Provo Shooting Update:

Provo Police Now Deploying Snipers on Rooftops.

There was another protest in Provo last Wednesday and I didn't even know about it even though it is only a few blocks from me. Now I know why. Once the rioters showed they'd block our streets and shoot innocent drivers, Provo Police deployed snipers on rooftops for the next protest and (presumably from the email below) reminded the agitators this ain't Seattle.

We here in Provo will put up with about any crazy protest anyone can come up with. We are a very Constitutionally oriented community and take the 1st Amendment seriously. However, we don't put up with violence and our elected officials know it. Maybe other city Police Departments should take a lesson on how to make sure protests really are peaceful--see the following email I just received from my Provo City Councilman:

"Protests: I am very grateful for the exceptional police force we have in Provo. I honor the service of law enforcement officers throughout the country who risk much to keep us safe. They perform an essential function in a world made of imperfect beings. Nationwide protests have drawn attention to areas where there is room for improvement in the way we treat our fellow human beings – as a society and, in some cases, among the ranks of law enforcement.
    Our city Administration and our police department are engaging with citizens in this conversation – looking for ways to improve training and procedures so that every citizen is accorded the dignity and respect they deserve. There is no talk that I have heard among city leaders about defunding our police. We respect and honor them and wish to support them with the tools and resources they need to perform their vital function well. We wish to learn as much as we can from the current dialogue about how they can do this even better.

Provo’s protests had been relatively peaceful until the unthinkable happened Monday night. Outside groups blocked streets and one armed protester shot the driver of a vehicle who was trying to make his way through the street. Another round of protests occurred Wednesday night, but our police force learned from Monday night and engaged with other departments such as Orem [our neighboring city] to provide a larger presence, including SWAT team snipers on several rooftops. One of our police sergeants met with leaders of the protest groups beforehand to lay down some ground rules. The preparation paid off as protests Wednesday night went much more smoothly.”

Black power militia, declaring themselves as separate from Black Lives Matter - no whites allowed - do a show of force patrol, telling onlooking white drivers "we're your worst nightmare!"

https://twitter.com/Oliversmate/stat...61367217938432

Classic play, right from the Civil Rights Movement - use a scary *TOTALLY NOT RELATED* black movement to scare unthinking white people into supporting, or accepting, the demands of the "moderate" version. In the 50's and 60's it was "moderate" MLK vs "extreme" Malcolm-X. Now it's Black Lives Matter vs Not Fucking Around Coalition.

Only a boogaloo shirted Rip on his ATV, dual wielding .454 Casull's could possibly save us now. The hero Gotham deserves... The Pink Knight.

Matt, thanks, but we got this, okay? It is illegal in open carry states to wear a mask while carrying open. We know who the bad guys are, and constant inflammation is not good for anybody.

Today is my last day on social media. I picked a good one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohn...nything%2Fc%2F

Got it. Just couldn't stand how the McCloskeys still might be getting arrested, yet these maniacs were allowed to waltz around with guns and bandoliers, and as you say, covered faces.
    I need a break from social media, too.

Time for the Georgia cops to demonstrate their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Time for the Georgia cops to demonstrate their balls.
    Rip, are you referring to the overnight vandalism of the Georgia State Department of Public Safety? It was on the local Atlanta news this morning.

I'm referring to this, apparently happening now in Georgia, and Seattle:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1279561367217938432

If I showed up open-carrying with a mask on, I would be immediately arrested, because open carry behind a mask is illegal for obvious reasons. But if there are a hundred guys doing it together, you have an enforcement problem to solve. Not many enforcement problems have been solved recently.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm referring to this, apparently happening now in Georgia, and Seattle:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1279561367217938432

If I showed up open-carrying with a mask on, I would be immediately arrested, because open carry behind a mask is illegal for obvious reasons. But if there are a hundred guys doing it together, you have an enforcement problem to solve. Not many enforcement problems have been solved recently.
    There's some speculation on the internet that something shifty is going on with these guys. People are picking out photos of them and showing their guns don't have any sights, have uncleared jams, some have even claimed that one was actually an airsoft gun. The theory seems to be that they are attempting to provoke violence that they can portray as unprovoked.