starting strength gym
Page 474 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3744244644724734744754764845245749741474 ... LastLast
Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    New Mexico governor pushes high school football back to February - CBSSports.com

The boys of fall (in New Mexico) are now the boys of February...if they let them play at all.

I hate this. These sorry wastes of skin are ruining a soooooo much. It has gotten beyond out of hand.
    Football season is the least of NM's problems. The Governor of New Mexico is a suicidal lunatic, with her recent proclamation that anyone outside the house in NM must be wearing a mask and all "visitors to the state must quarantine for 14 days." Look at this shit:

New Mexico travel restrictions in effect | Welcome to NewMexico.gov

and especially: https://cv.nmhealth.org/wp-content/u...2020-054-2.pdf

Just exactly what in the hell does "I direct that all persons who have arrived in New Mexico from a location outside of the state must self-isolate or self-quarantine for a period of at least 14 days from the date of their entry into the state of New Mexico or for the duration of their presence in the state, whichever is shorter" actually mean? It then goes on to provide a list of exemptions to the "I direct" thing that renders the order essentially meaningless.

The explanation page offers this wisdom: This is not a time to shop for souvenirs, visit state parks or sightsee. Please recognize that if you are traveling amid a global pandemic you are bringing the risk of a highly contagious and lethal virus with you and taking it with you as you go. You must wear a face-covering if you are in public while in the state. Please limit your activities to only the essentials.

New Mexico is a beautiful state, and that's about all it has to offer. Our way of handling this is to simply spend no time or money on our frequent trips through New Mexico. It has a population of 2,096,829 and a total of 533 deaths from COVID-19 (if you still believe these numbers), for a RDC19 of 0.025%. This self-absorbed fool has just destroyed the tourism industry in her state at the height of the tourist season, an economic blow that the number 1 state in terms of dependency on federal funds in the country can hardly recover from. Let me suggest that she should be replaced ASAFP. Failing that, enjoy her reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Football season is the least of NM's problems. The Governor of New Mexico is a suicidal lunatic.
    Oh, there is NO doubt about those two statements.

Slippery slope is my concern....everyone is just waiting for the push to cancel everything. Society cannot handle this. Honestly, the football thing bothers me A LOT because of what the game means and has meant to me. Nevertheless, this is just ANOTHER symptom of what is transpiring across the country. I cannot even...so crushing. Is this the goal of this? If so....It's working.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    ...By the way, why do we, when its hot out, wear a shirt inside of stores? And why are shoes required?
    Because the government has mandated that we are to be branded as sex offenders if we do not comply?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I doubt my laying out my line of thinking on this will overcome your outrage regarding SCOTUS' decision on the Electoral College, but here goes:
    When even the leftist revisionist justices side with the strict construction of the Constitution with regard to the Electoral College, it seems highly unlikely that body will approve the tinkering dem-entrenched states are trying to slide in past the language in the article involved. Here's what the multi-state compact wants to do:
    Now if SCOTUS by unanimous decision says individual Electors are bound by the language of the Constitution, how do you think they will rule when states try to attempt the same thing by fiat?
    I understand the argument, but maintain my position.
    We disagree about a couple of fundamental premises:
    1. I do not believe they took a strict interpretation of the constitution, because states only have the right to legislate on topics not detailed in the constitution; I believe the electoral college and functioning thereof is sufficiently detailed in the constitution and therefore is subject to the supremacy clause and not the states' rights.
    2. They do not have to legislate by fiat to approve participation in the pact. "Democracy" has become a political buzzword that is difficult for any politician of any party to oppose in any perceived amount; I believe the pacts will be ratified by a portion of the legislatures of even ceenter-right state governments.

I would like to hope I am wrong about this, but I do not think so. I believe the electoral college has just been abolished.

Remember the good old times when we could comfortably discuss the comedic absurdity, heavy handedness and irrational nature of modern British law? Like the man charged with possession of a dangerous weapon for having a potato peeler?
    In LA, the DA brought charges of civil rights violations and possession of a paint roller against a pair of individuals who tried to paint over the grafiitti painted by BLM.
    Access Denied

Also important: Swath of Oklahoma Falls Within Indian Reservation, Supreme Court Rules - WSJ
    Has anyone looked into what this means? Is the city of Tulsa no longer part of Oklahoma and the United States, or are they just implementing a dual tier justice system where state laws do not apply to Native Americans, but still apply to other peoples?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Also important: Swath of Oklahoma Falls Within Indian Reservation, Supreme Court Rules - WSJ
    Has anyone looked into what this means? Is the city of Tulsa no longer part of Oklahoma and the United States, or are they just implementing a dual tier justice system where state laws do not apply to Native Americans, but still apply to other peoples?
    Same story, no paywall: Supreme Court rules that large swath of Oklahoma belongs to Indian reservation | TheHill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_V View Post
    The post you reference makes no argument for what people should do.
    People ought to take a leaf out of the Serbians book. That is of course, if there are enough American citizens not suffering from the chronic apathy that's become the norm amongst white folks in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_V View Post
    The post you reference makes no argument for what people should do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe: Absolutely. It is a Loyalty Oath.
    Your response Unfortunately, for some it's devolved into that. followed by your explanation of the effectiveness of masks.

You certainly implied it with your deep dive into masks while admitting only for some it is a loyalty oath. When the truth is for very few it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    Oh, there is NO doubt about those two statements.

Slippery slope is my concern....everyone is just waiting for the push to cancel everything. Society cannot handle this. Honestly, the football thing bothers me A LOT because of what the game means and has meant to me. Nevertheless, this is just ANOTHER symptom of what is transpiring across the country. I cannot even...so crushing. Is this the goal of this? If so....It's working.

sb
    It's a war of attrition at this point. Do as much damage as possible, cast as much of the blame on the current administration, common people be damned. If America's economy and spirit is just another chip on the table.

I listened to Ohio governor DeWine try and justify the mask mandates and threaten more closure yesterday at his press conference. A reporter asked him why he thought he had the constitutional right to enforce his decrees and Gov. DeWine completely bypassed the question, didn't even say the word "constitutional" in his response.

I'm happy to see that almost no one at my gym is wearing the mask, even the owners. Not sure what that means for the future, but hopefully it's a sign that people are getting more comfortable with ignoring the government. I'm curious to hear how it is in other places.

This will brighten your day even more......no protests/gatherings allowed, except for certain causes, then you can gather.

https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/st...313060353?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Looks like 'Conservative' in the US now means just about the same as what it means in the UK: Left-wing Capitalist.

starting strength coach development program
    And THAT is the state of "science" today. It might as well have the Inquisition looking over it's shoulder. Now, instead of the Holy See enforcing orthodoxy, we have a mob. Come to think of it, academicians are reaping what they sowed in the lecture hall. We now have a French Revolution style Terror sweeping through academe. Perhaps not such a bad thing in some ways.