starting strength gym
Page 480 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3804304704784794804814824905305809801480 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do you actually believe this? Why?
    TMA COVID–19 Task Force
    This is the task force that seems to have prepared the chart. All highly qualified doctors.

What’s More Risky, Going to a Bar or Opening the Mail?

This is their analysis. I'm inclined to listen to them and believe them , because they are the experts on this matter. Just like I'd listen to your advice on strength training because you are the expert on the said subject matter. Surely an expert is an expert for a reason, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by nykid View Post
    What a thread!

I wait with baited breath to see whether any of these oh-so-confident opinions re: the silliness of Covid-19 are moderated when people you know start dying. (For e.g. in Arizona, Florida or Texas. Hospitalizations are what matter and the data is clear: The COVID Tracking Project | The COVID Tracking Project)
    Florida has relaxed restrictions for a month; hospital utilization is unchanged. We’ve seen this in Texas, as well. Santana can tell us about Arizona.

The goal post shifting is fucking tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    Yes, the post about spending 200$ and filling one's car up with gas was enlightening. But, imagine a scenario. Instead of shutting down the 'Arnold', imagine if the Governor insteadhad enacted a face mask requirement along with some physical distancing rules.
    You mad bro?

Apparently your reading skills are as poor as you math skills. $450 for charter etc etc. But keep harping on just the cost of the hotel. Until you prove otherwise, you cherry pick data to try to make your position seem stronger. Probably that way in all you thinking. Weak sauce.

$140 million lost to San Antonio so far this year. $8 million from this lost convention alone. My own staff would not attend DUE TO THE MASK MANDATE. That's a few thousand that would not go to their economy, that would not DUE TO THE MASK MANDATE....you can't play both sides: SCARE EVERYONE and tell them its OK as long as you have t-shirt on your face. Well, fools can. But, it is a lie. So, which is it? Scary, scary OR just put t-shirt on you face. (see I bolded it so you can notice it, read slowly and out loud if it helps.)

This playing both sides, like our governor, is not going to get anything going. Ever. So, I won't support those that add to the panic. Am I the only one? I don't know.

You are fairly dense. If you need me to dumb it down for you further, gods help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harshray Koladdy View Post
    This is their analysis. I'm inclined to listen to them and believe them , because they are the experts on this matter. Just like I'd listen to your advice on strength training because you are the expert on the said subject matter. Surely an expert is an expert for a reason, correct?
    Right. That's exactly the correct attitude. Experts know what's best!

TMA COVID–19 Task Force
    This is the task force that seems to have prepared the chart. All highly qualified doctors.

Our military experts told us Iraq had WMDs, while many clearly inferior specimens in the general public had a gut feeling they were being played.

Our experts also predicted, repeatedly, death rates far higher than we have seen and missed the mark every time.

Surely a skeptic is a skeptic for a reason, correct?

This is their analysis. I'm inclined to listen to them and believe them , because they are the experts on this matter.
    From our Trusted Experts, an exquisitely pathetic introductory paragraph:
    Remember the board game Risk, where the goal was basically to take over the world?
    Well, let’s play Risk COVID-19, in which you try to guess which activities put people more at risk for contracting the coronavirus
    Worthy of a contest entry.

Can you link to the hospitalization numbers for FLA?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Florida has relaxed restrictions for a month; hospital utilization is unchanged. We’ve seen this in Texas, as well. Santana can tell us about Arizona.

The goal post shifting is fucking tiring.

It is looking to me like we may have reached an unexpected economic equilibrium between deflationary and inflationary forces in the US.

There was talk of an overheated economy just before the lock downs introduced a large deflationary pressure. Then, a large stimulus was introduced.

There may be immeasurable pain, adjustment and pivoting on the individual level, but, at the moment, I am seeing more constructive economic forces in the US than destructive. Supply for certain goods from China was cut, but I am seeing many of them replaced either by local manufacturing or by alternative supply chains at competitive prices. There are many entrepreneurs who are now looking at this as the opportunity of a lifetime.

do you trust the personal trainer that 24 hour fitness pairs you with? they're an expert

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    And who knows how GS makes their money. They hedge a lot. They may have large bets against the american economy, as they have done in the past. They might make money when the market goes down. Who knows. They aren't vanguard. Neither you nor I have any idea what GS is up to.
    Exactly. So why should I believe anything they say about the market?

Quote Originally Posted by nykid View Post
    What a thread!

I wait with baited breath to see whether any of these oh-so-confident opinions re: the silliness of Covid-19 are moderated when people you know start dying. (For e.g. in Arizona, Florida or Texas. Hospitalizations are what matter and the data is clear: The COVID Tracking Project | The COVID Tracking Project)
    I have been waiting since March for someone I know to die. My brother is the only person I know who has gotten this thing, and he went for a 10 mile run on the worst day of his symptoms.

A part of me half-jokingly hopes that people start dropping like flies, only so there would be some kind of justification for the hysteria. When I wake up in the morning and check the numbers, I'm constantly underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Funnily enough, there has been much less damage than believed pretty much anywhere other than the US, and I suspect this is largely to do with the election year and both parties waiting to get to power in order to launch a stimulus plan.
    The crisis is not even close to 2008 for the rest of the world, because nobody other than the US is pretending to be in short money supply now that facing up to reality would lead to immediate bank nationalization all over anywhere but China. So it's a reverse 2008. Let's see how long the US is gonna be pretending to be doing austerity after the elections.
    I also suspect that once all the elected officials have their job security back a lot of things will happen very fast. I'm excited to see how far the Fed can push Modern Monetary Theory before things begin to break. Word on the street is that more Trump Bucks are on their way.

TMA COVID–19 Task Force

What makes Rip and these doctors "experts"? Credentials? Experience? Saying things that sound good to me? News station approval? The word "expert", like "racism" is essentially meaningless at this stage of the English language's evolution.