starting strength gym
Page 505 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 540545549550350450550650751555560510051505 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    ... Nobody knows who Marcuse is, ...
    I certainly don't. But FT ran an article on him recently: Our Marcusan Moment | Carl R. Trueman | First Things

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Evil, or stupid?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I certainly don't. But FT ran an article on him recently: Our Marcusan Moment | Carl R. Trueman | First Things
    Very interesting. One of the things most right-leaning folks don't consder when they blame "the left" is how the demise of the Old Left happened, and how the deep state and organized capital used American intelligence to basically work a huge psyop which did not seek to destroy Marxism, but redirected it, and set it up as something which would not be a threat (i.e - pro-Soviets or effectively working against the interests of capital). In my opinion, what we have is equally terrible - because the corrupt, evil 1% grow stronger, while us little people down on the street have to deal with the consequences of this fashionable anti-whiteness, social disintegration and less law and order.

Marcuse is just one man who's interesting because of his links to American intelligence during and after WW2, and while he may have made contributions to said psyop along with other members of the Frankfurt School, others figures in the 60's/70's academia are far more responsible than he for directly giving us this SJW, critical theory nonsense which is currently being used to great effect to harm the West.

He wrote about capitalism's promise of happiness, and when the promise was felt to be broken and it started to produce misery, people would gradually become less willing to fulfill their roles in society, and would start to look for other kinds of social relations. This may be what we're seeing with all of these idiotic young people who have been convinced that destroying their own nation, and civilisation, will give their lives a sense of purpose and meaning.

Marcuse didn't think this would lead to a collapse, but I think it will, in fact, I think we're seeing it happen now in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Yes
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    ...the corrupt, evil 1% ...
    Posing it as a percentage makes it sound automatic or a function of our society. But evil you will always have with you. Ignoring that is like blinking at a Weeping Angel. (Keep at least one eye on it.)

I suggest "...the corrupt, evil 1s ...".

Its interesting to watch this thread evolve from my California, "the land of fruits and nuts," perspective. Masks are de rigeur and will continue to be so for quite some time per Governor Gruesome who's clearly intent on building his little empire in auntie's image. Sure, just like sneezing in your sleeve, which has been preached for god knows how long, a mask does reduce transmission of germs. Fine. But as many have noted, that works great in the laboratory, but what about real life. Grocery shopping today I got sinister looks for removing my mask as I exited the store, and yet the same folks find it perfectly fine to go hiking shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of others on the SoCal trails sans mask. Hmmmm????? So it's fine if you're hiking and breathing hard, but god forbid you ditch it as you leave a store. Face it, as this thread has identified quite clearly, while Covid-19 is a nasty virus if you get it (chances of that happening are VERY low), this is not about a virus. The political capital this has offered is off the charts. Never let a good crisis go to waste has taken on epic proportions here. The "experts" have destroyed the very foundation of this country, by decimating small businesses and making a monumental power grab. "You can open as long as you do this....Oh wait, no you have to close again!" Really???? Sure, we can hide behind we are still learning about this virus; no doubt we are. But it is not the big scary monster the MSM and politicians have put forward to gain power. To Hashray, and the others, so bent on proving this board wrong, engage in a reasonable argument looking at the facts, not experts opinions. Question those facts and listen to the debate instead of just looking to respond. There was a great image put up the other day showing two characters arguing over an image that was a "6" from one side and a "9" from the other. Maybe, just maybe, the MSM and politicians want us to see the world as only one or the other and not accept the variety since it does not fit their narrative... its not a conspiracy, its a blatant power grab under the guise of a health emergency that isn't....

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Where I work (hospital), if you don't get an annual flu shot you do wear a mask. Not new this year, it's been the policy for several years now.

If we didn't have a reasonably effective seasonal flu vaccine widely available, you would probably have seen a push for masks before this year. The vaccine changes the risk equation.
    I’m confused. You said:
    “ Not new this year, it's been the policy for several years now.”

Then:
    “ If we didn't have a reasonably effective seasonal flu vaccine widely available, you would probably have seen a push for masks before this year.”

I feel like I’m missing something, can you elaborate?

Honest questions... Out of my own curiosity. Do you wear masks year round in your hospital? If not, what is the critical mass [for seasonal flu] that determines this policy?

Is this for every physician/staff at the hospital?

Are the masks intended to prevent you, hypothetically not symptomatic for the flu, from spreading it, or to protect you from those patients that may have it?

I am only curious, no ulterior reason for asking.

From Ambrose Bierce's The Devil's Dictionary, published 1906/1911.

GRAVITATION, n. The tendency of all bodies to approach one another with a strength proportion[sic] to the quantity of matter they contain--the quantity of matter they contain being ascertained by the strength of their tendency to approach one another. This is a lovely and edifying illustration of how science, having made A the product of B, makes B the proof of A.

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

A travel Nurse's experience working in NYC during initial surge:

NYC Covid-19 experience - Megan Watkins - Google Docs

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Posing it as a percentage makes it sound automatic or a function of our society. But evil you will always have with you. Ignoring that is like blinking at a Weeping Angel. (Keep at least one eye on it.)

I suggest "...the corrupt, evil 1s ...".
    Well, either people wake-up and see the EVIL, or I'm afraid the muntz's, the hollis' et al will happily embrace the Technocratic World Marxist system of control that violently sits at 1st and goal right now. They are running naked for the finish line and the trendies think it's cute.

Speaking of Masks:
    Twitter: People aren't wearing masks in EU
    I am currently abroad in Europe with my wife. No one is wearing masks. Everyone is enjoying their summer without restrictions. The “ban” on Americans traveling is political, just like about everything else regarding covid. Don’t politicize this anymore. People see through the bs.
    and first reply:
    We haven't used masks in Norway either.

The medical advice we were given that masks were for those who are sick, for doctors, nurses etc.