starting strength gym
Page 508 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 840845849850650750850951051855860810081508 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    We are all funding BLM and its affiliates through our taxes and redistribution of wealth:
    Yes, George Soros Sent Money to Fund the Riots—and So Did Taxpayers

How has our federal government not BLM labeled a terrorist group yet?
    Recruitment of "freedom fighters" (typically defined as militant revolutionaries in an armed rebellion) from BLM organizer:
    "We don't need more allies, we need... - The Network/La Red | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    No. Covid is not flu. Covid is dramatically more contagious and deadly. AND we have flu vaccines that tend to work. Why is this so hard for you?
    Didn't feel that deadly to me. Just felt like a bad flu.

Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenDonut View Post
    A travel Nurse's experience working in NYC during initial surge:

NYC Covid-19 experience - Megan Watkins - Google Docs
    Amazing read - the truth from a person in the trenches.

Just a thought on Japan: it would seem they have a better system for taking care of their elderly. They are, in fact, one of the “oldest” countries in the world and yet the ‘rona isn’t tearing through their elderly care facilities. It would seem that they have a different approach, with many elderly in specialized intensive care hospitals rather than nursing homes, or at home being cared for by their children. I imagine that the healthcare they receive is far better than many of our nursing homes here in the states.

See table 3.
    https://academic.oup.com/ageing/arti...-suppl_2-3.pdf

A heuristic analysis of the population fatality rate –

Approximate US COVID deaths (rounded) per the Worldometer: 143,000.

Adjust for nursing home deaths: Had we imposed quarantine on the sick and at-risk, and NOT the healthy population, many (most?) of these deaths could have been avoided. Per the New York Times, July 7, 2020, 42% of deaths are linked to nursing homes. If you have a better number, let us know. Sidebar: how is it that decades of virology and epidemiology (quarantine the sick and at-risk, not the healthy) were suddenly forgotten?

143,000 * (1-0.42) = 82,940

Adjust for over reporting: per a report on krdo.com, May 15, 2020, by Suzie Ziegler, as I understand the information, the number of deaths in Colorado due to COVID was revised downward from 1,150 to 878. This represents a 24% decrease. If you have a better number, or information that over reporting is NOT nationwide, let us know.

82,940 * (1-0.24) = 63,034

Put this in perspective -

63,034 deaths for a population of 330M = 0.02%.

The Hong Kong pandemic of 1968/1969 killed 100,000 in the US, and this represents 0.05% of a population of 200M at the time. Sidebar: THIS death count is probably more reliable than the tripe we’re being fed today.

However, in 1968/1969, we did not shut down the country. We did not close schools. Sanitizer? Masks? Pfffft I was a senior in high school at that time and I have no recollection whatsoever of a pandemic. Life went on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Because the Trump Administration has done quite a bit more for Israel than most previous administrations, and I see no particular empathy for Israel in the Senate. The Obama administration was openly hostile to Israel, and he was "allowed" to stay in office. But you probably know more about it than I do, so let's hear it.
    Sheldon Adelson.

That being said, "openly hostile" is kind of a stretch. At the end of the day, the money still flows east.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Amazing read - the truth from a person in the trenches.
    I have not read this account. But wasn't there an account of a nurse at the beginning of this thing that ended up being a fake? I just refuse to believe these one-off papers...it's an n=1 scenario to me, and those (while maybe a true account, and an accurate account) just don't seem to have much validity.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Here's the link again: NYC Covid-19 experience - Megan Watkins - Google Docs

Could be bullshit. Read it and see what you think.

I read the first 9 pages, then bits and pieces of the last 3. I believe her story as much as any other one-off account. Wouldn't surprise me if in 2 weeks, this came out as a fake account, and also wouldn't surprise me if she got a cover story on Time Magazine for her honest write up.

I read it here, seems authentic, but can't find a link to it on the internet except the one above. Could be due to novice web-fu.

I suppose it's possible for individuals to have authentic important experiences without them being broadcast on the internet.

But that is merely a supposition. Megan probably does not exist.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    I read the first 9 pages, then bits and pieces of the last 3. I believe her story as much as any other one-off account. Wouldn't surprise me if in 2 weeks, this came out as a fake account, and also wouldn't surprise me if she got a cover story on Time Magazine for her honest write up.
    Seems legit. Recent grad from simpson, a christian school in california.

Northstate nursing graduate to work at heart of pandemic in NYC | KRCR