COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 510

starting strength gym
Page 510 of 2309 FirstFirst ... 1041046050050850951051151252056061010101510 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 23089

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #5091
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    105

    Default

    • starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Because the Trump Administration has done quite a bit more for Israel than most previous administrations, and I see no particular empathy for Israel in the Senate. The Obama administration was openly hostile to Israel, and he was "allowed" to stay in office. But you probably know more about it than I do, so let's hear it.
    I’m not any kind of expert on this, but a bit of twenty minute research confirms my opinion.

    ‘All’ that the Trump administration has done for Israel has been done in spite of Trump, and no doubt at the insistence of Kuschner. Trump has given Israel meaningless token gestures such as moving the embassy to Jerusalem and giving a green light for some new illegal settlements. But, in terms of the practical realities of Israel’s geo-political interests, Trump has gone in the opposite direction from that of his predecessors.

    Regarding Barry Soetoro/Obama, it was under his presidency, that the..

    * US actions against the Syrian government began American-led intervention in the Syrian Civil War - Wikipedia
    American-led intervention in the Syrian Civil War - Wikipedia
    (Trump has reduced support for anti-Assad terrorist groups in Syria, and allowed the Russians a greater share of influence in the region)
    &
    * US’s support and sponsoring of the chaos unleashed throughout North Africa labelled by the Western media the ‘Arab Spring’, which saw pro-Palestinian governments replaced with neutral governments.
    * The US intensified it’s support for Israel’s nuclear weapons program under Obama: “This ambiguity maintenance has even taken another form, in which the Obama administration, after being very positive in talking about nuclear non-proliferation, in talking about a nuclear-weapons-free zone in the Middle East, finally buckled to pressure and not only signed the letter, but also passed a new classification guideline which says, essentially, that any government employee, any government contractor, that even so much as references information about the Israeli nuclear weapons program from the public domain will be fired, prosecuted, lose their security clearance or possibly much worse.” From U.S. Foreign Aid and the Israeli Nuclear Weapons Program – 2019 May - WRMEA


    Why is US involvement in destabilizing Syria important for Israel?: Why The Conflict In Syria Was Always Israel's War

    Throughout the 21st century, all the way through Obama’s presidency, the $$$ in ‘aid’ have continued to flow from the US Treasury into the Israeli’s.

    And the worming of Pro-Israel PAC bribes doesn’t seem to have ceased: https://static.wrmea.org/pdf/2020junejulypaccharts.pdf

    To back up my claim that the Israelis want Trump out:

    https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Diplom...fearful-604303
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/16/o...netanyahu.html
    https://www.israelnationalnews.com/N...ws.aspx/201991
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/12/11...hes-pro-trump/

  2. #5092
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Another article to read.....

    Florida & Texas Case Surges Produces Small Fraction of New York Deaths – OutKick

    Also, re the nurse article.... If it is true, great. (I was exaggerating about the Time story.) just wouldn't surprise me if a shit ton of crap starts getting said about her to cast the story in doubt.
    mpalios, yeah, this is what I was getting at here last week....


    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Mark,
    What is going to happen when Texas, Florida, Arizona, S.Carolina, Georgia, Arkansas all get to as high or higher cases per captia than New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massasschuttes
    but they wind up having substantially lower deaths per captia (around 1/2 to 1/4 the death/captia) ?
    What will be the narrative then?

    ...people are starting to notice. And its going to be quite embarrassing as NY, NJ, Conn. leads the world in deaths.
    They have THAT bad of health care: doctors, facilities (quality and quantity), etc?
    They are THAT unhealthy of a population?
    What's the reason Cuomo?

    So tired of articles like this:
    Gov. Cuomo applauds NY'''s still-dropping coronavirus numbers, says he'''s '''alarmed''' by states with rising cases

    I cannot think of anyway they can explain/excuse themselves out of their top tier death rate.
    (I was thinking "virus mutated" would be a good one, but CA, Wash.St., AZ had some of the very first cases)

  3. #5093
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    No. Covid is not flu. Covid is dramatically more contagious and deadly. AND we have flu vaccines that tend to work. Why is this so hard for you?
    yes and no.

    Everyone looks at this Covid19 thing in the now, and makes comparisons from there.
    Compare Covid19 to H1N1-1918. 50M dead when the world population was much smaller?
    Its a novel coronavirus that no one has an immunity to at its onset.
    2020 is worst case scenario.
    You'll only be able to compare it to something else years down the road.

    -------------------------

    We continually have bad flu outbreaks that 'over run' our hospitals (see Calf., Italy, etc).
    Flu vaccines are barely working.
    50% effective.
    Have to constantly re-vaccine yourself every season.
    And they can only vaccinate so many people.
    Different flu strains ... constantly mutating.
    "we still can't cure the common cold"

  4. #5094
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post

    "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

    Photo from 1981

    No wonder they want to destroy history...it's their playbook.

    Actually, it's a cookbook


  5. #5095
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Hm.

    While in this thread (and thus, to me, in the USA) it's still about death rate and case numbers, here in Germany the new headlines have moved on to something more perfidious: The delayed consequences of a Covid-19 infection. The crux of the matter being that when you had Covid and have recovered, even when you had only mild symptoms, you're at risk for "brain damage" among other things like kidney infarctions. And who wants dementia? See, even if the virus isn't as deadly as initially thought (about 9'000 deaths in Germany, compared to about 24'000 from the flu two years ago), even if the numbers are dwindling, we're not safe - you can get something worse than death from it.

    I remember that in May, when we'd been in full swing of masks and distancing, there were some headlines about children dying from Corona. I had predicted that a week earlier, because most people said "it's only bad for old and sick people".

    The older I get, the more I hate the fearmongering media.


    Have there beend similar headlines over in the US? They'll come soon.
    Once people have been sufficiently stimulated by the "soaring case numbers" bullshit, something new will be necessary. Fear must be maintained, or obedience cannot be assured. They are not through until November 4, if then.

  6. #5096
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Have there beend similar headlines over in the US? They'll come soon.
    We certainly have.

  7. #5097
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    ‘All’ that the Trump administration has done for Israel has been done in spite of Trump, and no doubt at the insistence of Kuschner. Trump has given Israel meaningless token gestures such as moving the embassy to Jerusalem and giving a green light for some new illegal settlements.
    I don't know who wrote this, but moving the embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, thus recognizing the Israelis' claim that the former is the capital and not the later was an incredibly enormously huge deal. Claiming Jerusalem as the capital was one of the cornerstones of the Zionist movement. It can't be underestimated as to how significant this move was.

    And ​the money is still flowing east.

  8. #5098
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Hm.

    While in this thread (and thus, to me, in the USA) it's still about death rate and case numbers, here in Germany the new headlines have moved on to something more perfidious: The delayed consequences of a Covid-19 infection. The crux of the matter being that when you had Covid and have recovered, even when you had only mild symptoms, you're at risk for "brain damage" among other things like kidney infarctions. And who wants dementia? See, even if the virus isn't as deadly as initially thought (about 9'000 deaths in Germany, compared to about 24'000 from the flu two years ago), even if the numbers are dwindling, we're not safe - you can get something worse than death from it.

    I remember that in May, when we'd been in full swing of masks and distancing, there were some headlines about children dying from Corona. I had predicted that a week earlier, because most people said "it's only bad for old and sick people".

    The older I get, the more I hate the fearmongering media.


    Have there beend similar headlines over in the US? They'll come soon.
    This is the pivot I'm starting to notice when I bring up the microscopic death rate to people who are still afraid. They ignore the fact that death rates are plummeting and bring up anecdotal stories about someone who got the virus and lost 10% of their lung capacity or some other nonsense.

    I'd be curious to see if there are a few people who walk away from the flu each year with some kind of "permanent damage" as well.

  9. #5099
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    This is the pivot I'm starting to notice when I bring up the microscopic death rate to people who are still afraid. They ignore the fact that death rates are plummeting and bring up anecdotal stories about someone who got the virus and lost 10% of their lung capacity or some other nonsense.

    I'd be curious to see if there are a few people who walk away from the flu each year with some kind of "permanent damage" as well.
    They’re not publishing the numbers of those with “lifelong” complications. I can understand how that data can be difficult to collect, but there is absolutely zero data collection that I am aware of.

    My suspicion is the news media are just stalking ER’s to find that 30 year old with continual breathing problems. As a percentage of the population, 30 year olds are one of the largest segments of the US population with some of the highest infection rates (if you listen to the news). So, it only stands to numerical reason that there will be some poor bastard out there in their 30’s with complications.

    I’m 38. I’m not exactly a social butterfly but I figured the other day that I am at least acquaintances (including coworkers) with about 100 people. I know of no one in my immediate circle whose had it and only 3 people who are extended connections to those people in my circle who have had it. They are all fine.

  10. #5100
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,206

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Masks: They DON'T work, and they can be harmful.

    Why Face Masks DON'T Work, According To SCIENCE - YouTube

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •