starting strength gym
Page 519 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1941946950951751851952052152956961910191519 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post

Its statements like these This is just the same plain old, garden variety, anti-semitism that Europe has produced from centuries.
    Ah yes, there it is, the age-old lie, popularised by the Frankfurt School and particularly in the book The Authoritarian Personality that Europeans have some kind of inherent pathological hatred of jews for no apparent reason. I think the 1920s put the bullet in the skull of that piece of nonsense. We Europeans built civilisation on a foundation of conscientiousness.

Anyway, I hope this was a teaching moment. I don't think most Europeans know how endemic anti-semitism is in Europe so I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's simple ignorance rather than malice that allows it to proliferate. Mr. Hurling is not wrong and Mr. Jackson is not malicious.
    No, it was a preaching moment. Anti-semitism is not endemic in Europe. More lies. The vast majority of 'anti-semitism' in Europe comes from it's imported Muslim population. This is well established. Since 1942 Europeans have endured enough to philosemitism (from youngest school child to the oldest adult slumped in front of their television) to make anti-semitism an almost completely unheard of thing amongst Europe's native population (excluding Poland, Ukraine and Russia perhaps).

This is nothing new, you come to expect it after a while.
    This is an ancient anti-semetic trope that claims that all Jews have a secret, hidden, "dual loyalty" to Israel or Jewry or Zion or some such other nonsense (it has been around long before the modern state of Israel) and every Jew is secretly waiting for the right opportunity (or signal from the Elders or whatever) to betray their home country in favor of a mysterious, undefined, greater Jewish good. The Dreyfus Affair in France is perhaps the textbook example of this particular trope being played out.
    Would it be wrong for Jewish people to feel loyalty to Israel? Should they not wish Israel prosperity? Can they not support policy in the interest of Israel?
    The extremely powerful American magnate, Andrew Carnegie, never hid his loyalty to Scotland. He was an American, but he appreciated his heritage and also worked for the interests of Scotland. The Scottish population has similarly always been a small minority in the United States.

I am an American. I am a patriot, but I will always have loyalty to my ancestral homelands. I will always support causes that benefit my ancestral homelands.

Quote Originally Posted by jintyo View Post
    I tend to automatically skip over any post that mentions "Soros" for the same reason.
    We must avoid criticism of individuals on a racial basis. Sounds like a fair and rational assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    I knew this was only a matter of time...
    "A Hardin County couple is now on house arrest after one of them tested positive for COVID-19 and decided not to sign documents agreeing to self-quarantine.
    The couple was ordered to wear ankle monitors. If they travel more than 200 feet, law enforcement will be notified."
    Couple Get House Arrest for Refusal to Sign Quarantine Order - YouTube
    Ky. couple on house arrest after not signing positive COVID-19 self-isolation order
    I know many people who are afraid to admit they had Covid months ago. I know many people who are avoiding medical testing and treatment, because they fear the irrational response of the police state and the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsquared1969 View Post
    According to Dr Fraudski
    Hand shaking should be eliminated because of the risks to health but hooking up with a stranger for sex on Tinder is totally cool:
    Fauci: You can hook up with an asymptomatic Tinder date but it'''s risky - Insider
    This man is a clown. (Disclaimer: Please do not construe my comment as an indicator of ageism, anti-Italianism, sexism, anti-scientism or newspeak "conspiracy theory")

Disgusting news about the McCloskey case, who were finally arrested for pointing their weapons at trespassing "protesters":

"The pistol Patricia McCloskey waved at protesters who broke down a gate to trespass on their private street was a non-operable 'prop' used during a lawsuit they were involved in, so a member of Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner's staff ordered the crime lab to disassemble and reassemble the gun - allowing them to classify it as "capable of lethal use" in charging documents filed Monday, according to KSDK5."

St. Louis Prosecutor's Office Busted Altering Evidence; Reassembled Non-Operable McCloskey Pistol To Classify As Lethal | Zero Hedge

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I’d post a picture of a guy (I know him) in a mask at boot camp, completely covered in dirt, just outside of the Crucible cage match ring, if I didn’t think it’d potentially cause trouble. (Identity issues?)

It’s far from clear what the masks are doing for them except impeding breathing while they pummel each other and exhaust volumes of moisture in immediate proximity to each other. “When you can’t social distance ... and you can’t not breathe down the other guy’s neck, wear a mask?”

And every one of these guys are not a little very very healthy.

More insanity.
    Did COVID change the standard 13 week timeframe of recruit training? I ask because I thought that 2 additional weeks of quarantine may have been an add-on.

By the way...I remember it was like panning for gold, trying to find photos online of a guy WE (my wife and I) knew at boot camp. That was 10 years ago, but 70 in internet years.

jfsully did not commit a statistical error in his initial post, because “trend” is intentionally vague. (He is easy to misinterpret, though.) Drewcar’s later statements aren’t correct.

Not trying to pick a fight with you, Rob. I’d rather focus on Murphy, who just today opened yoga, pilates, and martial arts - but not gyms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    Strictly speaking, inferential statistics never "prove" or "disprove" anything. They only "fail to disprove".
    This is true for some hypothesis tests, but not for statistics in general.

The only reason something doesn't reach statistical significance is that there is not enough evidence for it to do so.
    This is correct, if by “evidence“ the combination of data and methodology. One can start with the same data, and make two different, mathematically-sound analyses, with only one achieving statistical significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    We Europeans built civilisation on a foundation of conscientiousness.
    When did Scotland become part of Europe? Aren't you folks on the other side of the channel? And just when did the Scots start building civilization, I thought the civilized people built a wall to keep you out :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Did COVID change the standard 13 week timeframe of recruit training? I ask because I thought that 2 additional weeks of quarantine may have been an add-on.

By the way...I remember it was like panning for gold, trying to find photos online of a guy WE (my wife and I) knew at boot camp. That was 10 years ago, but 70 in internet years.
    It did indeed: 3 + 13 + ...

Recruits were quarantined in a hotel near MCRD for 3 weeks /before/ boot camp. Two guys to a room, 40 guys per floor. No physical contact with the outside except the enlisted delivering meals to them, prisoner-like. Meal left on floor in front of door, enlisted steps away, door opens, recruits take tray and close the door. Some of the recruits got sorta stir crazy, probably felt that they were suffocating, and tore open the sealed windows: trouble - it was docked out of their future pay (~ $800, ouch).

And, no leave between boot and infantry school (MCT?), which is normally a 10 day break. Then, from MCT, straight to MOS school.

I think there's rumor of another quarantine somewhere in those transitions, but don't recall clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    ... And just when did the Scots start building civilization, I thought the civilized people built a wall to keep you out :-)
    Ha.

For the modern world, the Scots can claim Maxwell's eqns. 'nuf said

(Painfully coming from an Italian.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    When did Scotland become part of Europe? Aren't you folks on the other side of the channel? And just when did the Scots start building civilization, I thought the civilized people built a wall to keep you out :-)
    Americans.

Scotland is part of Britain, and Britain belongs to the European family of nations. Politically, we're no longer part of the EU, but our culture is part of the same European racial heritage.

When did Scots start building civilization? Are you kidding?! James Maxwell Clerk, Andrew Carnegie, James Watt, Alexander Fleming, Robert Burns, Thomas Carlyle, Alexander Graham Bell, etc, etc.

Scottish men invented the bicycle, the pneumatic tyre, the steam engine, screw propeller, television, refrigerator, toaster, flushing toilet, electric clock, lawnmower, hypodermic syringe, penicillin, telephone, the cellular nucleus, geology, hypnotism, electro-magnetism, fingerprinting, postage stamp, radio, the oil refinery, golf, ice hockey and Sherlock Holmes, Peter Pan and James Bond!

And many, many more!

Scottish inventions and discoveries - Wikipedia

We also gave 'soccer' to the Brazilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Disgusting news about the McCloskey case, who were finally arrested for pointing their weapons at trespassing "protesters":

"The pistol Patricia McCloskey waved at protesters who broke down a gate to trespass on their private street was a non-operable 'prop' used during a lawsuit they were involved in, so a member of Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner's staff ordered the crime lab to disassemble and reassemble the gun - allowing them to classify it as "capable of lethal use" in charging documents filed Monday, according to KSDK5."

St. Louis Prosecutor's Office Busted Altering Evidence; Reassembled Non-Operable McCloskey Pistol To Classify As Lethal | Zero Hedge
    I would think this is suitable cause for being disbarred.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    Not to sound like a broken record, but my position in this thread has been (I think) pretty consistent. This isn't a case of "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". Despite cries of "we must follow the SCIENCE" and such drivel, objective decisions are not being made based on evidence. Case in point: in NJ, wrestling is ok (as long as it's outdoors), but I still can't go to a damn gym. I can go to a BLM protest, but I can't sit down and eat a meal inside a restaurant. What objective evidence led to those genius decisions?

Decisions are being made based on politics, emotions, and money. As they almost always are.
    That's the part that burns my ass.
    I got done homeschooling my kids and then started a business. I got good customers, word of mouth business. I filled a niche that wasn't being filled. And here comes the government to shit on it. They've got everyone so scared and so locked down that anyone who isn't WalFart is gonna hurt. I have no idea if I will ever have a business again because it was so tied to things like travel and restaurants and bars. So, everything I spent my time and effort building can just be flushed down the drain but it's okay for these twatwaffles to gather together? Which fucking way is it? And precisely how long do the morons in DC expect people to go along with this? Why is their right to tear shit up more important and valid than my right to peacefully continue making my living?