starting strength gym
Page 526 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2642647651652452552652752853657662610261526 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Amazing, that we haven't heard about this obviously important thing on the MSM.
    Like, here? Been there since this morning.

Mike Adams, former University of North Carolina Wilmington professor found dead - CNN

I know I've posted about this before, and maybe I'm getting way too worked up about it, but I keep seeing tweets like this followed by people replying along the lines of "Yeah it's sad but when a patient is dying in the OR during surgery, they also don't let you go in because it's not safe for the patient." The mere thought of this scenario playing out just makes my piss boil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
    In March when the insanity began, I expected to see very strong push-back from the public regarding ever-increasing restrictions to personal behavior/activity; much of that push-back being more and more people refusing to accept ever-contradictory reporting as well as ignoring/breaking orders and rules handed down from the enlightened. By now, I expected some rough behavior by those people (normally, law-abiding citizens) in response to continued economic/social destruction laid down by the rules set by our betters.

Instead, I/we see (when we can find the reporting, these days) rabble-rousing, rented thugs throwing bricks and threatening doom on any organization that disagrees with their lack-of-cause. These winners are the ones pushing back against all kinds of things they can't define or spell.

All the while, the law-abiding, normal/law-abiding folks walk/drive around in masks and nag their neighbors about not wearing theirs. As you said Coach, we are failing this test so far.

And, maybe many of the mask wearers are not much different than the brick throwers?
    This seems applicable: The Four Quadrants of Conformism

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
    And, maybe many of the mask wearers are not much different than the brick throwers?
    They're the same people, just in different economic circumstances.

I'm curious (like I was with the lockdown) to see how long the mask mandate will last before people just start ignoring it. I stopped at Home Depot this morning, located in a suburb fairly close to Columbus, OH, and I was pleased to see that a lot of the contractors weren't wearing masks and none of the staff were hassling them about it.

$10.50 an hour isn't enough money to get into a confrontation with a dude that could smack your head off with a pipe wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    I think we should wear goggles but no mask, and then if someone hassles you about no mask you yell at them for not wearing goggles.
    Ski goggles it is. Even more effective than cloth. They will statistically bias social distance towards the high end, as well as causing most people to avert their eyes and thus disturb direct line-of-sight between orifices. That’s gotta count for something? Anything, to slow the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Button View Post
    I know I've posted about this before, and maybe I'm getting way too worked up about it, but I keep seeing tweets like this followed by people replying along the lines of "Yeah it's sad but when a patient is dying in the OR during surgery, they also don't let you go in because it's not safe for the patient." The mere thought of this scenario playing out just makes my piss boil.
    It's indeed sickening. The only way is to go into the room and see your dying relative. It's a "I'll do what I have to do, you do what you have to do" situation. What's more important, being nice to the help or comforting your dying grandpa? Sometimes these things are tough.

And they are the product of Pieces of Shit like this: D.C. Exempts Lawmakers, Government Employees From New Mask Order

Black Trump Supporter Shot to Death in Milwaukee Hours After Pro-Trump Interview – Motive Is Not Clear

Marxist Cultural Revolution, Wave 1 - Another victim
    Democrats? Care to comment on your commitment to Marxism?

FactCheck: Have 'only 8 people' under 65 died from Covid-19 in Ireland?
    It looks like a total of 8 people have died with covid over here in Ireland who were under 65 and didn’t have an underlying condition.

To put that in context that’s about the same amount that commit suicide every week, or die from car crashes in about 3 weeks. Yet we have shut down the entire country for about 4 months now. And it doesn’t look like we’ll be back to normal any time soon.

We really need to just focus on quarantining hospitals and old folks homes
    . Everyone else is fine

From the beginning of this mask mandate I've struggled to effectively communicate to family what I know in my gut - that among other things this is an exercise in dehumanization. This man nails it.

Tyranny of the Mask

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    I think we should wear goggles but no mask, and then if someone hassles you about no mask you yell at them for not wearing goggles.
    Heh. That would be like the war I remember being fought in SoCal some 10 years back over whether it was more virtuous you use paper or plastic bags for groceries.