starting strength gym
Page 534 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3443448452453253353453553654458463410341534 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    In all seriousness: what the fuck are you talking about?
    You wrote that things are not as bad as everyone thinks they are, in part because you've faced actual death, and that's a lot worse than any liberties our gubmint can take away.

Someone who more or less agrees wth you, Mark Hurling, says our country has been through things as bad as what's going on now, so this ain't so bad, in context - we'll get through it.

You (and another poster much earlier -- Mark Hurling again, I think??) said there are plenty of safe, sane places in America to reside in, where your neighbors agree with and will protect you (I proposed that this could be called White Flight 2, though that poster disagreed with my description of his proposed solution).

I mentioned DISBELIEF that you could have children and still feel this way about everything that's going on.

OK, so forget the Ostrich metaphor - you just want to kick the can down the road, cuz it ain't that bad a can, anyway.

But, then why spend all this time debating Cvid-19 Factors We Should Consider, if it all ain't that bad and will all blow over eventually, and there are plenty of sane places left in America where the Covid madness won't affect us?

Your position sounds untenable which is why I asked you to demonstrate how things are not as bad as they seem, and for you and Mark Hurling to demonstrate how things stayed the same or got only tolerably worse since, let's say, the 70's, with your Kick the Can strategy (or whatever the phuck; call it keep your head down, move forward, and ignore all the madness). Or, hell, how White Flight worked in the past and will be a successful strategy again.

Please, if you can support your position (I even asked questions to guide your thought process), I'd be happy to join your Kick the Can Party!

Cuz it sounds a lot like you're prposing 1990s Part Deux with a Fat, Happy economy where everyone makes blooper videos for America's Funniest Home Videos while ignoring the incremental social and policy victories that the Left keeps making.

That's a cop out and unsustainable, if not for you than for your children's futures, at least.

[Rush Hour] "Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?" - YouTube

Are we on the same page now, David? I really want to understand your position!

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    all geared up! I think a mandatory service obligation, something like 2 years, minimum (is that even enough time to produce effective servicemen for our military, David, or does it need to be longer, like five years?) would do a hell of a lot of good for our young men and our country! Would've been great for me, my brother, and best friend, at least!
    I mean, how many of us can honestly say our late teens and early twenties were spent harmoniously and productively, whether we attended college or not?
    I wonder what would happen if the draft was reinstated with no college deferment. A large exodus ?
    I always liked the Starship Troopers idea of connecting voting to some kind of public service. I don't think it's a bad idea to require a person to actually do something for the country before they have a say in how it's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Now, look at this shit: Kentucky orders bars to close, restaurants to reduce indoor capacity | TheHill

They are trying to destroy morale. They are doing a great job!
    How long until all these bars and restaurants finally run out of money and the properties get snatched up by big conglomerates for pennies on the dollar? This is the kind of stuff that makes me suspect there's more to the coronadoom than meets the eye...

BitChute is growing in both popularity and usefulness.
    The man with the top subscriber count (over 90k - Transparent Establishment Propaganda from CNN Regarding the Portland Riots) is a libertarian that supports gay rights. Remember that when they tell you BitChute is a bunch of nazis. You know BitChute is making a dent since they have started the hit pieces against it.

--

Also Portland rioters have moved on from fireworks to actual bombs. https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...14201240162304 (video)

Now, look at this shit: Kentucky orders bars to close, restaurants to reduce indoor capacity | TheHill

They are trying to destroy morale. They are doing a great job!
    Governor Cuomo throws a fit about chicken wings.
    Cuomo calls for ‘chicken-wing’ police… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

They're literally regulating what food counts as real food now, and apparently meat does not count as food.

From the early pages (march 10) of this thread about the 2010 Pandemic faked by the WHO & CDC:

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    The swine flu epidemic that was not as CDC advertised

[They] have lied in the past.

He who controls the test results...controls the spread of the "epidemic".
    And now this 2010 Forbes article calling out that Faked Pandemic:
    Why The WHO Faked A Pandemic

The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), a human rights watchdog, is publicly investigating the WHO's motives in declaring a pandemic. Indeed, the chairman of its influential health committee, epidemiologist Wolfgang Wodarg, has declared that the "false pandemic" is "one of the greatest medicine scandals of the century."

Even within the agency, the director of the WHO Collaborating Center for Epidemiology in Munster, Germany, Dr. Ulrich Kiel, has essentially labeled the pandemic a hoax. "We are witnessing a gigantic misallocation of resources [$18 billion so far] in terms of public health," he said.

They're right. This wasn't merely overcautiousness or simple misjudgment. The pandemic declaration and all the Klaxon-ringing since reflect sheer dishonesty motivated not by medical concerns but political ones.
    Soon, this article will go the way of Christopher Columbus statues. We have to learn from our history rather than destroy it.

Big, important events taking place at this very moment that will determine the near and middle term future of conservative politics, boys. Let's pay a little attention, shall we?

With Trump’s defeat a mere eventuality at this point, the vanquished right—that is, the “old school” GOP politicians in the mold of Willard Romney and Jeb Bush—appear to be making an attempt to reassert their authority over the soul of the conservative movement.

Submitted for your consideration: a keyed-up, pissed off Sean Michael Hannity giving “populist” ideologue Tucker Carlson an earful for daring to criticize the patron saint of American Capitalism, Jeff Bezos. (Type "Carlson Hannity Handoff) to youtube if you'd like to see the clip.) I think the significance of this change is being REALLY underlooked by the mainstream media. Without being too dramatic, I think this exchange may be remembered as the 21st century GOP's Fort Sumter moment.

Let’s start with the obvious: Carlson’s take would have been jaw-droppingly out of place on Fox News a mere 5 years ago. Heck… it probably would have been out of place on NBC News 5 years ago. If you transcribed these remarks on Bezos and attributed them to AOC or Bernie Sanders, the audience would have to be paying damn close attention to notice. If you told Fox news’ board of directors in 2015 that their network would broadcast this rant, they would have laughed hard enough to break their ribs. Now the guy who writes this shit is their most popular host, has their best time slot, and—for the moment, at least—seems to be the face of the conservative movement in 2020. To say that this represents a dramatic, unexpected shift is a hilarious understatement.

How did we get here so quickly? More importantly, is this really where we’re going to stay?

When Trump seized control of the Republican party on a vaguely right-populist platform in 2016, Fox News’ entire content strategy went out the window almost literally over night. How would the mouthpiece of corporate wealth defend a president who had won the support and admiration of the Republican base by criticizing the trade deals and military conflicts that had so thoroughly enriched their primary constituency (the billionaire/investor class)? What if Trump actually governs the way so many disaffected flyover country voters believe he will—by challenging elite power and going after the crooked banks/corporations? What if he refuses to pursue the assault on all existing forms of wealth redistribution that Republican donors have come to expect from their politicians? In essence, a big, scary question was looming: What will Fox News do if Trump forces it to choose between supporting a Republican President and supporting Republican policies?

As we all know, the scenario played out in a decidedly less interesting way.

Now, in 2020, Trump has

1) Completely abandoned his populist ambitions apart from backing out of one measly trade deal
    2) Abandoned his “anti-elite” platform in favor of the one championed by HRC, Willard, Jeb Bush, or other Wall Street politicians, as evidenced by his support for historic corporate tax cuts via the 2017 tax bill (Remember how eager Pelosi and Schumer were to help him get that crap passed? And why wouldn’t they be!? They may as well have wrote that damn bill!)
    3) Continued to ably prosecute the GOP’s war on the working class by making it easier for his allies at the state level to cut funding for Medicaid. Before the pandemic, he was even beginning to signal that he was willing to take swings at SS and medicare. Joe Biden, Ted Cruz, and all of the other Wall Street politicians in both parties who have advocated for this for years would have been proud.
    4) Generally failed as a leader during the “pandemic” in a profound, public way that transcends class lines and will see him lose by a comfortable margin to a candidate that ought to have been very, very beatable.

For that brief, glorious moment in 2016, Hannity and his team were silenced—repudiated by the moment. The world watched, spellbound, for an answer to perhaps one of the most important questions in our nation’s history: Is Donald Trump the real deal?

Now that we have an answer, the GOP can wipe the sweat off of its brow, heave a sigh of relief, and set about the work of eradicating the strain of populism that managed to gain a foothold in their party and their broadcast networks over the course of Trump. Now that Trump has more-or-less officially been defeated, Hannity’s attack on Carlson will be the first of many instances of the Wall Street Right seeking to clean up whatever traces remain of the authentic, genuine revolution that Trump the Idea so ably sparked... and that Trump the Man so miserably failed. With no sitting president to protect them, the Trump-adjacent, elite-skeptical pundits that have thus far avoided attacks from the right on the basis of the fact that they were affiliated with a Republican president are about to be set upon by the snarling attack dogs of pre-2016 GOP. Put another way, Post-Trump pro-Trumpers are starting to look like 8-year-olds who has been mouthing off to the babysitter all weekend. It was a fun little moment you got to have….

…but if people with Hannity’s values are going to resume talking to people with Tucker values like that on Red State Television, then that can only mean one thing: Daddy’s home.

And his paddle hand is damn well rested.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Infuriating, but sadly, also true.
    I know you fags hate me but i will always support alex jones... unitil the end of time will support him.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    In all seriousness: what the fuck are you talking about?

"Nicholas Laureys" is a state-sponsored||sanctioned||encouraged troll whose presence on this forum is to foment discontent. My guess is that whatever he is trying to say probably makes sense in his native language but misses the mark in engrish.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    I always liked the Starship Troopers idea of connecting voting to some kind of public service. I don't think it's a bad idea to require a person to actually do something for the country before they have a say in how it's run.
    At this point ID is racist, so forget a basic civics quiz or actual skin in the game requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    How long until all these bars and restaurants finally run out of money and the properties get snatched up by big conglomerates for pennies on the dollar? This is the kind of stuff that makes me suspect there's more to the coronadoom than meets the eye...
    Andrew Lloyd Webber: 'The Chinese want to buy up our West End theatres'

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Now that we have an answer, the GOP can wipe the sweat off of its brow, heave a sigh of relief, and set about the work of eradicating the strain of populism that managed to gain a foothold in their party and their broadcast networks over the course of Trump. Now that Trump has more-or-less officially been defeated, Hannity’s attack on Carlson will be the first of many instances of the Wall Street Right seeking to clean up whatever traces remain of the authentic, genuine revolution that Trump the Idea so ably sparked... and that Trump the Man so miserably failed. With no sitting president to protect them, the Trump-adjacent, elite-skeptical pundits that have thus far avoided attacks from the right on the basis of the fact that they were affiliated with a Republican president are about to be set upon by the snarling attack dogs of pre-2016 GOP. Put another way, Post-Trump pro-Trumpers are starting to look like 8-year-olds who has been mouthing off to the babysitter all weekend. It was a fun little moment you got to have….

What do you think?
    I think Trump is reelected in a landslide. We'll see.