starting strength gym
Page 547 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 4744749753754554654754854955759764710471547 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The best humor is often rooted in reality.

Dr. Fauci Recommends Encasing Your Entire Body In Bubble Wrap To Protect Against Coronavirus | The Babylon Bee

Especially after seeing this article:

Fauci says eye protection can help prevent spread of coronavirus | TheHill

What do you think? A few more weeks before eye goggle mandates? Then we’ll have people on here a few weeks after that wanting to know why wearing TWO simple pieces of facial protection is such a big deal. God forbid the fecal/oral thing gains traction and the marketing campaigns to promote such measures:

“Don’t be an asshole. Saran Wrap your asshole.”

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Very insightful. No way to substantiate it beyond reasonable doubt, but everyone who has been paying attention for the past 40 years realizes that it is a very, very plausible explanation. And to think, this is just one of sundry moral grotesqueries brought to us by "colorblind" right-wing globalism. The voting population, effortlessly brought to a frenzied rage by rhetoric about men wearing dresses, stands idly by as its REAL cultural values/social mores (in this case, the idea that caring for the elderly is a good in and of itself) are trampled by theocrats imposing their religious values on the population writ large.

What is to be done? Does anybody have an idea about where we can start? I'm so desperate, I'm open to anything...
    One has to say, this is leftist trolling developed to a fine edge. It is a perfect example of an Alice through the looking glass reverse projection in it's assertion of "right-wing" and "theocrats" having wreaked this havoc on the populace. Would anyone of sound mind characterize Cuomo or the others, as either right wing OR theocrats?

It amazes me that so many people cannot see that corporatism and unionism are two heads of the same monster: corrupt business in bed with corrupt government. And they tend to be unable to be able to see that the corrupt government is the bigger problem. No matter how corrupt a business owner may be, it cannot force a just government to do it's bidding whereas the opposite is not the case.

What we are seeing now, which has always been the case to some degree or another, but which new technology has facilitated in a way previously impossible, is that the corruptness of the general population now has the power to operate as the multinational corporation has for years to get their will enforced by power. Everyone is a fucking lobbyist now. The average schmo realized that he can leverage these devils to legally cheat his neighbor. So the citizen bribes the politician with votes and the politicians bribe the voters with special favors.

The problem with the US Government is that it reflects the population fairly well.

The only proof you need is it's existence.

While there are certainly systematic changes that need to be made, the crisis is moral. We need better people. There's a severe shortage. The current happenings are just revealing that.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanNewell View Post
    Genuine question from someone who only vaguely follows US politics: what specific things has Trump done that you approve of?
    He is responsible for the reduction in taxes and regulations which have resulted in the best economy and the lowest levels of unemployment in many many decades. Since you only vaguely follow US politics, you may not understand how important these things are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He is responsible for the reduction in taxes and regulations which have resulted in the best economy and the lowest levels of unemployment in many many decades. Since you only vaguely follow US politics, you may not understand how important these things are.
    I don’t think a lot of people are aware or understand how many regulations he eliminated. That was the best work he has done, along with his tax cuts resulted in a lot of optimism in the market which is very important. Unfortunately all of the optimism was taken away because of the covid bullshit. But honestly, the spending during his presidency has been absolutely out of control and he doesn’t seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post

While there are certainly systematic changes that need to be made, the crisis is moral. We need better people. There's a severe shortage. The current happenings are just revealing that.
    I completely agree with this. The same problem affects the entire world, not just the US. Though the US does seem to have some of the most exquisitely corrupt bastards running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I don’t think a lot of people are aware or understand how many regulations he eliminated. That was the best work he has done, along with his tax cuts resulted in a lot of optimism in the market which is very important. Unfortunately all of the optimism was taken away because of the covid bullshit. But honestly, the spending during his presidency has been absolutely out of control and he doesn’t seem to care.
    True. He didn't ask me what I disapproved of, and there are several things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Though the US does seem to have some of the most exquisitely corrupt bastards running the show.
    Corruption follows money, and we used to be a wealthy country.

Can someone explain to me the difference between these apparent long term effects of covid19 versus what we’ve known about the flu for years?

How the Flu Affects You Even When You'''re Feeling Better | Health.com

Long term outcomes in survivors of epidemic Influenza A (H7N9) virus infection | Scientific Reports

Flu Complications: Heart Problems, Ear or Sinus Infections, and More

Am I retarded or is it just this glaringly obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I think anyone who cared about spending has given up, including Trump. We are all just wondering when it will crash. Republicans and Democrats alike will gleefully spend (pay off their buddies) until there are no more zeros left in the computer and the credit card is revoked. Hell, they'd probably figure out how to keep on spending on pet projects even after that.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Can someone explain to me the difference between these apparent long term effects of covid19 versus what we’ve known about the flu for years?

How the Flu Affects You Even When You'''re Feeling Better | Health.com

Long term outcomes in survivors of epidemic Influenza A (H7N9) virus infection | Scientific Reports

Flu Complications: Heart Problems, Ear or Sinus Infections, and More

Am I retarded or is it just this glaringly obvious?
    It's been glaringly obvious to everybody who was willing to ask the question. But society is being remodeled into obedient conformists who dare not ask the question. The Mask is their symbol.