starting strength gym
Page 559 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 5945950954955755855956056156960965910591559 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    because we can I guess. its what we do, as humans.

googling aids, it only killed 41,000/year in the USA at its peak; its only 15-17K/yr now.

never could figure out a vaccine; spent billions i'm sure.

many jobs; much profit.

sure, we came up with some pretty-good-to-so-so "treatments".
    You do realize that AIDS is a little different than covid, right? Being an incurable, lifelong disease and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    ...What does everybody think?...
    Just throw it in the trash bin like you normally would.

Strange that the Seattle police chief seems to have chosen long ago not to live in Seattle.

Another active news day:
    Racism is genetic: New research suggests racism could be a genetic trait

Racism is a public health crisis that gives Gov Whitmer of Michigan a broad set of new powers as did WuHan Virus: Gov. Whitmer declares racism a public health crisis in Michigan

The government agency in charge of running the mail in voting system has officially endorsed Biden: Dems want mail-in voting; postal union just endorsed Joe Biden

And this one was entertaining: Husband of LA district attorney facing charges for pulling gun on BLM protestors at his house - TheBlaze

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    You do realize that AIDS is a little different than covid, right? Being an incurable, lifelong disease and all that...
    So is tuberculosis: Study: Tuberculosis Will Kill Additional 1.4 Million This Year Due to Global Lockdowns | Dan Bongino

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You realize that NYC is now basically a large homeless shelter (not that I really give a fuck) and that there are serious estimates that 40% of the small businesses closed by this hoax will never ever reopen?
    This will finish them off: NYC to set up quarantine checkpoints at city borders

I came across something months ago regarding the amount of money spent on HIV/AIDS research in the 1980s and into the 1990s as compared to the other top killers including cardio-pulmonary disease and all manner of cancers along with the various neurological afflictions such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. It was something of an order of magnitude in funding. What made the difference with HIV/AIDS was that, being a virus whose transmission mechanism was very quickly understood, came under control due to social and behavioral changes and not necessarily better treatment. There's all kinds of stories about people getting better once they stopped taking AZT, for example. Public health as it were, because a certain CDC head would not advocate that people of certain groups not engage in certain behaviors that increased your exposure to it exponentially. I hear that same CDC head had a hand in those early treatments, too. Made a good amount of money.

My brother is a tuberculosis carrier. He was on antibiotics for a year when he was diagnosed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    No, it's not, because those numbers will not occur, the virus kills people who are already dying anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by rcj View Post
    Source for the data indicating this?
    "For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    In the US, we are now closing in on 0.05% of the population dead from COVID. It’s hard to know what percentage of the population has been exposed so far. About 1.5% of the population has had a positive test. I think the fatality rate of COVID infection will turn out to be 0.5- 1%, maybe a little less as we continue to figure out how to treat it. Right now in the US, the fatality rate of known COVID cases is about 3%. I think there are a lot more asymptomatic “cases” out there, so this rate will come down as the dust settles.

So if half the US population gets it, and 0.5-1% of those infected do die, we should expect a death toll of about 800k-1.6mil over the next year or however long it takes for the virus to reach half the population.

That’s worth some prevention/containment/eradication effort, no?
    Watch this TEN times:

Dr. Deborah Birx | Recording Covid-19 as Cause of Death No Matter What - YouTube

Perhaps after ten views it will by then have permeated your prefrontal lobes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    Here's my question on the whole thing. As I mentioned above, I was tested positive and only a week out of quarantine being asymptomatic. So my view is that if I wasn't affected at least this time, I could be carrying the germs and pass off onto someone else who's vulnerable like my 80yo parents or someone at random. So I wear a mask when indoors at the grocery stores out of courtesy of others, but I'm not afraid.

Being Wednesday, it's cashew chicken day at my local Woods Supermarket, so I stopped in for lunch. Everyone wearing masks yet we're still being told to social distance, and there are those who are literally terrified enough they move away from you as you approach. My question here is this - if masks work, why social distance? If social distancing works, why wear masks? Those who are pushing all this BS are contradicting themselves, and those who question this lack of logic are silenced and even fired if they're a doctor. And of course the news media buries it or ignores it because they're pushing the nonsense and too stupid to understand the truth themselves. We're being made to be afraid of each other, our elders, our protectors, and everything good.

If we're all wearing masks, why social distance?
    If we're all keeping our distance out of fear of each other, why wear masks?
    I've yet to hear a reasonable or non-BS non-contradictory explanation for these questions.
    Carbondale, IL passed an ordinance last week mandating masks out of doors. Despite my initial irritation, I gradually realized what a hallway potty pass this actually was shortly afterward. In the details it says that the mask must be worn if social distance cannot be maintained. Problem solved, since I have ALWAYS kept my distance from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Strange that the Seattle police chief seems to have chosen long ago not to live in Seattle.
    I suspect more than a trace of irony here, but unless there's an ordinance or other requirement of the city or county for residence, this is pretty common for cops from the grunt level of patrol to the command ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I came across something months ago regarding the amount of money spent on HIV/AIDS research in the 1980s and into the 1990s as compared to the other top killers including cardio-pulmonary disease and all manner of cancers along with the various neurological afflictions such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. It was something of an order of magnitude in funding. What made the difference with HIV/AIDS was that, being a virus whose transmission mechanism was very quickly understood, came under control due to social and behavioral changes and not necessarily better treatment. There's all kinds of stories about people getting better once they stopped taking AZT, for example. Public health as it were, because a certain CDC head would not advocate that people of certain groups not engage in certain behaviors that increased your exposure to it exponentially. I hear that same CDC head had a hand in those early treatments, too. Made a good amount of money.

My brother is a tuberculosis carrier. He was on antibiotics for a year when he was diagnosed.
    Ah yes, the last epidemic politically weaponized because Reagan allegedly didn't CARE enough. Funny how these things never happen when a dem is in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    "For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics
    Thanks. I appreciate the link to the dataset.

I don’t see how the comorbidity entails that the person necessarily would have died in the near term without COVID. Statistically I’m sure some would have died, but concluding all would have seems to be a step I don’t follow.

starting strength coach development program
    The Atilis Gym owners made a strong appearance on CNN.