starting strength gym
Page 582 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 8248253257258058158258358459263268210821582 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cross View Post
    Their lives are disrupted socially. While me, many of my friends, and millions like us had our lives completely upended, sacrificed our jobs, our social lives, our educations, and our freedoms, in a favorable economic environment, due to an incompetent and power hungry government manipulating the ignorant public for political ends.
    Here's a wonderful example: https://jamesaltucher.com/blog/nyc-i...ver-heres-why/

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    Has anyone seen this yet?

SHADOW GATE - FULL FILM - YouTube
    A close friend sent that to me, I watched the first 15 min, couldn’t follow it, and called BS.

Amongst other problems, the production is too spastic. I am inclined to sympathize with the interviewees. But, for one random example, I don’t care about the mobile comm setup on anyone’s Harley.

Can’t sit through 1.5 hrs of innuendo and superficial jargon.

Should be reduced to a short document posted on Scribd or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Empty New York, from The Devil's Advocate:

Attached Images Attached Images

I get where this guy is coming from, but the rumours of the death of anything are highly premature. Covid has essentially turned into a protracted worldwide election campaign. Come November 5, even if Biden wins, which I am guessing is purely a leftist wet dream at this point, but even in the case of his victory, the US will start returning to sanity. It will take a while to unfuck everything, but I am guessing by this time next year all of this will seem like a bad joke. The US government has an incredible array of tools at its disposal for getting things in order, it is just hesitant to use them because of the election year. I pity the countries like the UK, that are at the start of the four year election campaign, but the US will be fine very soon, you guys just can't fathom it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Empty New York, from The Devil's Advocate:
    Do you think Mayor Wilhelm will be reelected?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I get where this guy is coming from, but the rumours of the death of anything are highly premature. Covid has essentially turned into a protracted worldwide election campaign. Come November 5, even if Biden wins, which I am guessing is purely a leftist wet dream at this point, but even in the case of his victory, the US will start returning to sanity. It will take a while to unfuck everything, but I am guessing by this time next year all of this will seem like a bad joke. The US government has an incredible array of tools at its disposal for getting things in order, it is just hesitant to use them because of the election year. I pity the countries like the UK, that are at the start of the four year election campaign, but the US will be fine very soon, you guys just can't fathom it yet.
    Did you read the article? You've just taught millions of people that they don't need, want, or have to be in NYC. How do you unteach that?

On the bright side maybe everything closely tied to New York City like the media and financial markets will become less insular as decentralization happens. We can only dream.

I feel this author's pain. A restaurant I used to tend bar at a few years ago was burned down in the riots. It was a building on Lake street near the 3rd precinct that was on the national historic register. Reduced to rubble and ash.

My local politicians are perhaps the worst of all. The little dweeb of a mayor let it all happen and now the taxpayers will pay for this mess. Meanwhile Ilhan Omar is on the path to re-election thanks to all the woke virtue signaling white residents of Minneapolis' 5th district. They dismiss the fact that her husband owns the political consulting company that all of her campaign donations are funneled into. She is essentially getting rich on the backs of her donors and pushing radical leftist politics. Ayaan Hirsi Ali from the Hoover warned us about the Ilhan Omars of the world in this interview and it is worth watching: The Case against Revolution with Ayaan Hirsi Ali - YouTube They have already tried to open sharia courts in Minnesota. So far they have been denied. But my prediction is that before the end of this decade there will be sanctioned sharia law courts in Minnesota (because unofficial sharia courts already exist.) God help us all.

The irony of progressives supporting oppression. Its the new norm.

Did you read the article? You've just taught millions of people that they don't need, want, or have to be in NYC. How do you unteach that?
    I have read it, I'm just giving you guys some positivity from a country that went through the elections. Once the elections are over, restrictions are lifted, you go back to normal really soon. We can't go completely back to normal in Europe, because other EU member states can tell each other what to do, but it's not like the US has this kind of problem with the rest of the world. All this new world bullshit is just digital marketing. Forget about it.

Do you think Mayor Wilhelm will be reelected?
    If there is enough Bread and Circus, sure.

He's fresh out of bread. Will the circuses be enough? Those are drying up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I have read it, I'm just giving you guys some positivity from a country that went through the elections. Once the elections are over, restrictions are lifted, you go back to normal really soon. We can't go completely back to normal in Europe, because other EU member states can tell each other what to do, but it's not like the US has this kind of problem with the rest of the world. All this new world bullshit is just digital marketing. Forget about it.
    I appreciate that, Jovan, but there is no European equivalent of NYC.

Hey, what happened to the comforting commercials?

"Alone Together", "Welcome to the New Normal", and other mawkish sentiments.

TV just lost that lovin' feeling.

It went as fast as it came.

This has got to be imposing an unconscious vertigo on whatever remained of our common culture.

And to fill the turbulence: WAP!!! Woot woot!

starting strength coach development program
    Pamela Popper has been posting videos exposing the covid nonsense since mid March. She did a very positive interview recently where she is promoting some positive steps we can take to overcome the despots. The optimist in me finds some hope in this.

Pamela Popper & Dustin Nemos on The Plandemic - Organize & Resist. MakeAmericansFreeAgain.com

I believe YouTube took it down, since it was too subversive.