starting strength gym
Page 612 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11251256260261061161261361462266271211121612 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Meanwhile, A Gunfight at the OR Corral: Trump supporters, protesters clash in Portland; 1 killed

Reds and the Browns brawling in the street. It's just like Weimar!

This unprecedented social unrest would seem to a lost, dim, verminesque soul such as myself to portend a grim fate for the incumbent president. Thankfully, I have more intelligent men here to explain to me why I'm wrong.
    You cannot possibly be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Now, a case can be made that BLM/Antifa are a terrorist organization, and that the members of these organizations are therefore subject to federal arrest, trial, and incarceration. I have heard that this is in fact taking place, and it would be reassuring to know more about it, and how many are being dealt with daily.
    This is what I'm saying. AFAIK Trump has said he is "looking at" designating Antifa as a terrorist organization on two occasions now. The new Homeland Security secretary Chad Wolf just said they "absolutely" meet the standards to be classified as domestic terrorists. How many more violent acts, or incitements to violence, need to be carried out before this happens? In the same way ISIS was deemed a terrorist organization, if they made the decision then none of various SJW states could get away with harbouring/encouraging/tolerating a group akin to ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You cannot possibly be this stupid.
    The problem, as ever, isn't intelligence. Some people love the taste of their own shit. The spirit of hubris and resentment consumes them as it did the Athenians, Jacobins, Nazis and Communists. It's not an incapability to reason. It's the destruction of reason, and it is sacrificed much the same way that hundreds of millions of lives have been. All for what they feel is right.

The problem is that people, so possessed, don't even notice the genocide.

A man of Portland was executed in public, with no forewarning, for the crime of wearing politically identifiable clothing. We are extremely close to what I mentioned much earlier in this thread that I feared. That these neo-Marxists would take away the option to peacefully coexist in our disagreements.

I hope you are all prepared or continue to prepare. I hope you are well-stocked, well-drilled, and working hard in your homes and communities. The time for both reasonable and timid men has passed. I have refined my saying on this:

Draw a line around what you love, work hard for any who lie inside, and be prepared to annihilate those who cross it.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I hope you are all prepared or continue to prepare. I hope you are well-stocked, well-drilled, and working hard in your homes and communities. The time for both reasonable and timid men has passed. I have refined my saying on this:

Draw a line around what you love, work hard for any who lie inside, and be prepared to annihilate those who cross it.
    Dude, you are far too apocalyptic

This is amazing (repetitive, I know, but what other word applies?):

Mayor Wheeler's Open Letter to President Trump
    News article
    Published
    August 28, 2020 12:36 pm
    August 28, 2020

Dear President Trump:

Yet again, you said you offered to aid Portland by sending in federal law enforcement to our city.

On behalf of the City of Portland: No thanks.

We don’t need your politics of division and demagoguery. Portlanders are onto you. We have already seen your reckless disregard for human life in your bumbling response to the COVID pandemic. And we know you’ve reached the conclusion that images of violence or vandalism are your only ticket to reelection.

There is no place for looting, arson, or vandalism in our city. There is no room here for racist violence or those who wish to bring their ideology of hate into our community. Those who commit criminal acts will be apprehended and prosecuted under the law.

Tens of thousands of Portlanders have peacefully protested and marched for the noble cause of fixing our broken criminal justice system. They are part of the proud progressive tradition of Portlanders fighting for justice - from racial justice to economic justice to environmental justice.

When you sent the Feds to Portland last month, you made the situation far worse. Your offer to repeat that disaster is a cynical attempt to stoke fear and distract us from the real work of our city.

In Portland, we are focused on coming together as a community to solve the serious challenges we face due to systemic racism, a global pandemic and an economic recession.

Stay away, please.

Signed,

Mayor Wheeler's Signature
    Ted Wheeler

Mayor of Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Dude, you are far too apocalyptic
    You lack perspective. I don't think the world's going to end. I just know it's going to get worse, and it's possible it will get much worse.

Spend your time as you see fit.

Food for thought:

Political insider explains voter fraud with mail-in ballots

This will happen, and you know it. There had better be a huge Trump landslide to counter the effects. And because you will believe anything, desperate times call for desperate measures: Joe Biden Ad Blames Trump for Whitmer's Decision to Cancel Football

Here is the CDC report we've posted before, showing that the "pandemic" is over:

COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

But look at this interesting thing:

Comorbidities
    Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups. For data on comorbidities, Socrata icon Click here to download.

I would be curious to know how much of that 6% (which equates to ~0.002% of the US Population) is over the age of 60.

For those of you interested in a federal response to the riots, excellent points are made in this piece: Media Didn't Report What It's Really Like In Kenosha, Wisconsin, So I Will

Alvin was with his young daughter, Kaya, on Wednesday morning after visiting and shedding “some tears” with the son of a shop owner whose business was destroyed. “All this destruction did not come from Kenosha,” he said, “People came in here and did this.”
    On Thursday afternoon, I came across a group of young people carrying signs and water out of several vehicles with blacked-out license plates near the county courthouse. Among the vehicles was a large black van with the words “BLM,” “ACAB,” and “The Revolution” written on it. I approached the BLM organizers and asked where they were from, but they refused to answer. I also asked if they knew Kenoshans didn’t want outsiders coming into the city. One of the organizers responded, “Oh, yeah.” He followed up saying, “This is the earth, it belongs to everybody.”
    On Wednesday evening, local and federal law enforcement officials stopped an out-of-state caravan of vehicles filled with fuel cans and illegal fireworks. Police reported, “the vehicles contained various items, including helmets, gas masks, protective vests, illegal fireworks, and suspected controlled substances.” Nine people were arrested for disorderly conduct and are awaiting charging decisions by the Kenosha County district attorney.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Dude, you are far too apocalyptic.
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    You lack perspective. I don't think the world's going to end. I just know it's going to get worse, and it's possible it will get much worse.

Spend your time as you see fit.

Naw, man; I'm with Jovan. Fewer than what, eight weeks ago, you were calling people Chicken Littles (something like don't get your panties in a bunch) for holding positions very similar to what you hold now.
    Some explanation is in order for the big change of opinion, Dave. For the sake of influencing and inspiring the good men of our republic!
    And if it's the Kyle arrest, why would you promote stocking up and being prepared to shoot your way through this Cold War? If anything his experience shows the state will not tolerate legal self-defense using firearms. 🤔