starting strength gym
Page 613 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 11351356360361161261361461562366371311131613 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    You lack perspective. I don't think the world's going to end. I just know it's going to get worse, and it's possible it will get much worse.

Spend your time as you see fit.
    It's definitely a matter of perspective. Summer is coming to an end in my swamp, they've airbombed the mosquitoes last week, recent events have proven that gyms will not be closing, so I'm a happy camper. I don't think matters are as bad as they seem in your part of the world, it's just a media feeding frenzy. Clickbait is a phenomenon we don't really understand fully yet, society has not adapted to it, but it has the tendency to paint this end of the world picture that people succumb to.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I would be curious to know how much of that 6% (which equates to ~0.002% of the US Population) is over the age of 60.
    PBS does a “memorial” of the “victims” every week; my in-laws were over and they like having their minds numbed by the dulcet, stupefying tones of whomever took over that job from McNeil and Lehrer. They profiled four individuals, two were north of 90, one north of 70, the fourth a 40 year-old cerebral palsy patient, confined to a wheelchair and who lived in a nursing home. Guess the race of the first three. (HINT: Not a surprise if you watched the rest of the broadcast.)

I hate to say it, but boomers are as deep as a wading pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Naw, man; I'm with Jovan. Fewer than what, eight weeks ago, you were calling people Chicken Littles (something like don't get your panties in a bunch) for holding positions very similar to what you hold now.
    Some explanation is in order for the big change of opinion, Dave. For the sake of influencing and inspiring the good men of our republic!
    And if it's the Kyle arrest, why would you promote stocking up and being prepared to shoot your way through this Cold War? If anything his experience shows the state will not tolerate legal self-defense using firearms. ��
    My opinion is exactly the same as it was then and months ago. That you should be calm and prepare. Don't allow yourself to be emotionally manipulated by mainstream and social media. Keep your tits calm and get your preparation on. It's universally good practice in fair times and bad.

You just consistently suck at reading comprehension, but given it's selective in nature after my attempts to provide clarification and context... I assume you do it on purpose. Which is why I largely ignore you. Chicken Little, Cold War, etc. are all your words, and you use them as you have others to misrepresent my point (and the points of others). I am unimpressed with your masturbatory contributions. I also owe you exactly Jack and shit.

Let your mammaries have a calamity and troll on, Nicky. See you in eight more weeks.

This is rather important:

Oops: It Looks Like the Vast Majority of Positive COVID Results Should Have Been Negative

According to The New York Times, potentially 90 percent of those who have tested positive for COVID-19 have such insignificant amounts of the virus present in their bodies that such individuals do not need to isolate nor are they candidates for contact tracing. Leading public health experts are now concerned that overtesting is responsible for misdiagnosing a huge number of people with harmless amounts of the virus in their systems.

"Most of these people are not likely to be contagious, and identifying them may contribute to bottlenecks that prevent those who are contagious from being found in time," warns The Times.
    And even better, the CDC has quietly updated their info. I posted this earlier, but read it again: Here's the Shockingly Small Number of People Who Died From Only the Coronavirus

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website disclosed the shockingly small number of people who died from only the Wuhan coronavirus, with no other cause of death mentioned. Hold on to your hat because here it is: out of the 161,392 deaths in the CDC data, just six percent, about 9,700 deaths, were attributed to the coronavirus alone. According to the CDC, the other 94 percent had an average of 2.6 additional conditions or causes of deaths, such as heart disease, diabetes, and sepsis.
    So, let's redo our death rate calculation. 331 million in the US, 9700 dead of COVID-19 alone, for a DRC-19 of 0.0029%. At the cost of the world's economy. But, whatever it takes to get rid of the NBA is a price I'm willing to pay.

And regarding asymptomatic transmission: New research suggests asymptomatic COVID-19 spread is comparatively rare | Just The News

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Funny, the talking point is always "there have been no documented incidents of voter fraud", but there seems to be a bunch mentioned in the article.

This is rather important...whatever it takes to get rid of the NBA is a price I'm willing to pay.
    Let's add the MLS (Major League Soccer) to that.

Forced to sell the team based on fabricated stories and his desire to keep employees on the payroll instead of submitting to Marxism.
    Dell Loy Hansen to begin process of selling Real Salt Lake, Utah Royals FC | KSL.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It's definitely a matter of perspective. Summer is coming to an end in my swamp, they've airbombed the mosquitoes last week, recent events have proven that gyms will not be closing, so I'm a happy camper. I don't think matters are as bad as they seem in your part of the world, it's just a media feeding frenzy. Clickbait is a phenomenon we don't really understand fully yet, society has not adapted to it, but it has the tendency to paint this end of the world picture that people succumb to.
    I'm not concerned with what happens in the cities just like I'm not concerned by the SARS-COV-2 virus. Their impacts are statistically insignificant.
    I'm worried because I can't tell if the American people will be as easily manipulated into fighting an unnecessary civil conflict as they have been into staying at home and wearing a useless mask. If people think our economic woes are bad now...

I didn't mean to come off as an asshole, either. I'm glad you're doing well, and I think that we will be able to pull out of this mess, ultimately, but not without a few scars. I'm definitely with Rip on hopefully getting rid of our "less useful" institutions and practices somewhat offsetting the ultimate cost. Gotta break a few eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Let's add the MLS (Major League Soccer) to that.

Forced to sell the team based on fabricated stories and his desire to keep employees on the payroll instead of submitting to Marxism.
    Dell Loy Hansen to begin process of selling Real Salt Lake, Utah Royals FC | KSL.com
    He wasn't forced to sell anything. He caved like a weak coward, just like everyone has before him.

“I believe that communities are strengthened by diversity. I am truly sorry for offending and being insensitive to the plight of others. I seek to do better and commit to supporting and improving diversity and inclusion in my own community going forward.

“After deep consideration and soul-searching, my wife Julie and I agree that the best way forward for the Real Salt Lake family is to assume new ownership and a refreshed vision."

The Chinese took us for a hell of a ride didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Funny, the talking point is always "there have been no documented incidents of voter fraud", but there seems to be a bunch mentioned in the article.
    There are no peer reviewed publications on the NLP either. There are no peer reviewed journals on the efficacy of the iPhone either as a matter of fact. No evidence means there is probably evidence.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I'm not concerned with what happens in the cities just like I'm not concerned by the SARS-COV-2 virus. Their impacts are statistically insignificant.
    I'm worried because I can't tell if the American people will be as easily manipulated into fighting an unnecessary civil conflict as they have been into staying at home and wearing a useless mask. If people think our economic woes are bad now...

I didn't mean to come off as an asshole, either. I'm glad you're doing well, and I think that we will be able to pull out of this mess, ultimately, but not without a few scars. I'm definitely with Rip on hopefully getting rid of our "less useful" institutions and practices somewhat offsetting the ultimate cost. Gotta break a few eggs.
    You aren’t coming off as an asshole, I was just giving you a different perspective. The worst has already happened. The civil conflict is just a lame election campaign, coupled with the typical “is this the end of America as we know it” headlines. It’s all just marketing.