starting strength gym
Page 614 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 11451456460461261361461561662466471411141614 ... LastLast
Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I'm not concerned with what happens in the cities just like I'm not concerned by the SARS-COV-2 virus. Their impacts are statistically insignificant.
    I'm worried because I can't tell if the American people will be as easily manipulated into fighting an unnecessary civil conflict as they have been into staying at home and wearing a useless mask. If people think our economic woes are bad now...

I didn't mean to come off as an asshole, either. I'm glad you're doing well, and I think that we will be able to pull out of this mess, ultimately, but not without a few scars. I'm definitely with Rip on hopefully getting rid of our "less useful" institutions and practices somewhat offsetting the ultimate cost. Gotta break a few eggs.

There won't be a civil conflict within our lifetimes and if it happens within our children's lifetimes, we are screwing them over by raising them, schooling them, and setting up a cultural and familial base for them in the States.

Also, this civil conflict will have which countries siding with whom? China and the Russians support the Progressives, I suppose, to sow discord because a weaker America is good for them. Who supports "us" (Conservatives & Libertarians)? No amount of civil conflict preparation will matter because if the war goes hot there are too many big players who either want America to fail (Chicom and Russkies) or want Communism to succeed (those players are well documented throughout this thread).

So I could care less if you respond, Dave, but take off your fucking cowboy boots- the civil conflict is far off, but the social rot (also well documented throughout this thread) is NOW.

The best response IMHO is to set up a home base in another country as well, to at least split time between countries, so your kids suffer less and your wallet isn't emptied as much by the Progressives. This is what "rich" people do internationally, just like the NYers split time between the city and their vacation homes, but it actually is not that expensive or that difficult to arrange.

Choose your own response, but pooh-poohing how bad things are right now, or postponing meaningful responses to the mess, are cop outs.

Love that ”Fuck you” mask. It’s all so silly. In Sweden people don’t use masks and there hasn’t hardly been any corona spread for several months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And even better, the CDC has quietly updated their info. I posted this earlier, but read it again: Here's the Shockingly Small Number of People Who Died From Only the Coronavirus

So, let's redo our death rate calculation. 331 million in the US, 9700 dead of COVID-19 alone, for a DRC-19 of 0.0029%. At the cost of the world's economy. But, whatever it takes to get rid of the NBA is a price I'm willing to pay.

Come on Rip, lets be fair and objective now.

I can't get it to load on my phone correctly now, but I was looking at this yesterday.
    Isn't pneumonia/"influenza-like" in that coding chart with the other "died with" conditions?
    That's a doozey, because COVID19 DOES cause a pneumonia like disease in many. (60,000 deaths from that IIRC).

But I find it odd, the people are saying "its just the flu" ....but then you want to discount the people who died from pneumonia from the Covid19 death roll?

Also that chart just might be a grim representation of how unhealthy the US population is in general.
    Almost everyone over 50 is going to have one of those co-morbidities in the USA.

------------------------------

A whole lot of additional people died from something one way or another.
    Way more than that 6,000 figure eluded to in that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    A whole lot of additional people died from something one way or another. Way more than that 6,000 figure eluded to in that article.
    Looks like 20,000 excess deaths. This is a statistically trivial number. In your system of values, does 20,000 deaths in a country of 331 million people justify the damage done to the rest of us? I think it's a small price to pay to be rid of the NBA.

There was an unidentified respiratory virus already causing severe cases and in young populations. I had it and developed severe pneumonia in less than 48 hours from onset of symptoms. I was also tested for antibodies for SARS-COV-2 and had previously tested negative for the flu during my symptomatic phase.

That coupled with the dramatic, fear-induced aversion to seeking timely medical care is more than sufficiently plausible to explain the spike.

How do you get somebody to publish a piece of shit like this?

White Supremacists Are Invading American Cities To Incite a Civil War | Washington Monthly

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    There was an unidentified respiratory virus already causing severe cases and in young populations. I had it and developed severe pneumonia in less than 48 hours from onset of symptoms. I was also tested for antibodies for SARS-COV-2 and had previously tested negative for the flu during my symptomatic phase.

That coupled with the dramatic, fear-induced aversion to seeking timely medical care is more than sufficiently plausible to explain the spike.
    My personal, completely unscientific guess is that SARS-COV2 did not originate in Wuhan, had in fact been making the rounds for a few seasons, but was only identified in Wuhan. From then on all the governments went into hard core panic mode, further fueled by the media making up stories bootlegged from Hollywood movies. The data must be showing this by now, but the governments can’t admit to it, because it would spark bloody revolutions on a worldwide scale. It’s nice to see them so united in fucking with their populations, shows that this is possible as long as their asses are on the line.

In contrast to the above vomit from the MSM, here is an excellent speech from a Democrat member of the Tennessee legislature: Rep. John DeBerry - YouTube

Looks like 20,000 excess deaths. This is a statistically trivial number. In your system of values, does 20,000 deaths in a country of 331 million people justify the damage done to the rest of us? I think it's a small price to pay to be rid of the NBA.
    Let's not forget that some of that 20,000 includes motor vehicle collusions, blunt force trauma, and other causes of death that are, without argument, not from the virus. Let's not forget those who were condemned for the mere suggestion that our healthcare billing system is extremely broken and has been for quite sometime

Minnesota Sen. Scott Jensen says he's under investigation for coronavirus claims | City Pages

User Clip: Testimony from Dr. Robert Redfield CDC Director: COVID Deaths Inflated | C-SPAN.org

My friend from LA, an admitted leftist, attempted to ask me if "fraud could account for that much of it" arguing that the notion that mass collusion to inflate numbers is unlikely. I would agree with this because as we know government is too disorganized for this and the industries which rely on government are not much better. However, collusion is not necessary to carry on systemic fraud that has been ongoing for decades. All one needs to do is "his job," which is to diagnose the most profitable diagnosis available.

starting strength coach development program
    In contrast to the above vomit from the MSM, here is an excellent speech from a Democrat member of the Tennessee legislature: Rep. John DeBerry - YouTube
    I thought I was too cynical these days for speeches to really get to me. This was a good one, though.