starting strength gym
Page 618 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 11851856860861661761861962062866871811181618 ... LastLast
Results 6,171 to 6,180 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Alright, big man. Have you done anything? Anything at all? Oh, you had the courage to call people who actually did something "cowards"? Good job. Well done. Let me know when you do something big enough to make international news.

He refused to bow down to them. Why do you think he is being targeted by the media and character assassinated? I would prefer he declared all out war too, but it would not be the correct move. I know he is a very intelligent man and a fighter. $100 million is a lot more powerful than being a moron who tangles himself up in endless lawsuits that give the leftists more character assassination ammo.
    Lashing out at me personally and trying to drag me into this is very woman-like.

If you have been paying any attention to what Owen Benjamin has been doing to Patreon and what Vox Day did to Indiegogo, you would realize that you could not be more wrong about your second paragraph. It WOULD be the correct move to fight. A man with hundreds of millions more at his disposal than Owen and Vox, and way more power than them could have wreaked total havoc. Instead, he cowered and let the leftists win. Who cares if it gives more 'character assassination ammo'? His submission and admission they were right gave them the whole weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenDonut View Post
    Lashing out at me personally and trying to drag me into this is very woman-like.
    Gentlemen, please.

While not related to the virus, but since we've talked about media and government propaganda, here's what my local library system is doing with their search engine. If you type “Western” the first two are gay cowboy romance, the next five are women's romance. I've done this search several times over the last month and always the gay cowboy and women's romance are listed first. Last year and in years prior, when I did this search, I got Max Branch and John Wayne, and the search results changed each day. I really don't give a rat's ass, what you read or what your lifestyle choices are, but I don't like my taxes being used to promote someones social agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And I'll ask again: why are the homeless neither dying or quarantined/under house arrest like we are?
    ~4000 Mumbai slum-dwellers (out of ~700,000 total) were tested in June/July. Over half were positive, but only 292 died (of all causes?), for an IFR estimate of ~0.076%.

Another gym shut down for lack of masks even though they were working out outside. Crazy.

Florida Gym Owner Arrested For Not Requiring Face Masks | National File TV - YouTube

Our friend JP has fresh information from the CDC!!!!

New Revelations on the COVID Death Count - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Perhaps, but if so, it will depend on who is in power in DC and who is out of power first of all. Then it will depend on if who is out of power (probably the dems) see a possible advantage to gaining power from imposing these strictures. Even then, the only time ripe for it is an election year, particularly if the dems hate the current non-dem POTUS as much as they do this one. If history is any guide, this animus from dems has only grown since Nixon. Finally, if the current madness fails to unseat Trump, the punishment inflicted by dem governors and mayors on as much of the rest of the population for failing to elect Lady Clinton may be recognized as a bad strategy to use.
    All fair points. But even if it's ultimately a losing strategy, I still think it'll be tried a few more times before tactics change.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    I think there is a good chance it will be the total opposite.
    Now that the world is coming out of the other side of this, they are seeing and realizing it wasn't so bad.
    Sweden hasn't been reduced to ashes.
    France and Spain are having case re-spikes with no real swell in covid-deaths.

Especially, if this does turn out to be like the flu and just (almost) go away with time.
    The next test will be this winter (in the northern hemisphere).
    If there is only a slight bump in cases, and no vaccine has been put into use yet,
    I could see the general populous being quite suspect of the Health Authorities and The Media going forward.
    They got so much wrong on this.
    I hope this is case, but my recent move back to Wisconsin is making me wonder whether people can really allow themselves to say, "I was wrong", so easily.

I have three older landscaping clients right now that are all say they think the virus is very serious. They wear masks outside, are worried I might be asymptomatic, watch MSNBC constantly, etc. But I can tell their heart isn't in it.

One guy wears a mask one day, leaves it inside another. One woman stays six feet away one day, then invites me into her dining room for coffee the next. It seems like their actions are based on how recently they saw the day's propagand report.

One benefit of this might be that more people distrust the Media, but I think we're still quite a few months away. People need to find some way to work through the cognitive dissonance that's going to occur once they begin realizing they freaked out for 5 months over nothing.

A representation I find interesting on the AZ Dept of Health Services dashboard is the Hospital Bed Usage & Availability chart. It shows, among other things, the number of ICU beds being used by Covid-19 patients, number of ICU beds being used by non-Covid patients and the number of ICU beds open and available, by date. On April 15 (to pick a random date near the beginning of the outbreak in AZ), there were 278 ICU beds being used by Covid patients, 754 by non-Covid patients, and 585 open, available beds. At the peak of our spike on July 13, the numbers were 970 ICU beds being used by Covid patients, 528 by non-Covid patients and 197 open, available beds. My question is what happened to those 200-some-odd non-Covid patients (754 - 528 = 226) that were pushed out of the ICU? Were they reclassified as Covid patients? Where did they go?

As of 8/31, there were 253 Covid patients in ICU beds, 1036 non-Covid ICU patients and 376 open, available ICU beds, so obviously the number of non-Covid patients has returned to pre-outbreak levels. Where did these patients come from? Where were they in July? Dying at home? I don't know how to find the answer to those questions.

This pregnant Aussie mum was just arrested for "incitement", and had all electronic devices seized, because she organized a peaceful protest via her Facebook.

Arrest video one: https://twitter.com/truth_seeker_85/...43272412930049
    Arrest video two: https://twitter.com/truth_seeker_85/...43485202497541
    The protest she organized on FB: https://twitter.com/THEMXMXL/status/1301052139179966464

(from Mallarduk.com) "Anarcho-tyranny is a concept thought up by the late-90’s American paleoconservative writer and columnist Samuel T. Francis, who described it as ‘a Hegelian synthesis of two opposites – anarchy and tyranny’.

Anarcho-Tyranny explains a state which regulates the ordinary citizen in their behaviour but fails to enforce the fundamental protective rule of law, which enables crime and disorder to continue and flourish while innocent citizens have laws imposed upon them. Francis came up with the term after consistently seeing police and state officials in the United States failing to protect their citizens from crime, due to the fact that they instead spend much of their time hounding innocent members of the public for minor and often insignificant reasons rather than arresting and dealing with criminals.

Francis, writing in 1994, evidences this when he refers to how the police and the then Governor of North Carolina, James B. Hunt, hounded and publicly derided an law abiding citizen for not wearing his seatbelt – mainly because Hunt had recently passed a mandatory seatbelt law and wanted to make a big show out of it as he thought it proved his commitment to being tough on crime. Francis however evidences that this was just a political stunt and was in no way an example of Hunt being tough on crime. In contrast, Hunt and his officials had allowed so called ‘low level’ criminals to be given parole and released out of prison, predominately because North Carolina had recently passed a law imposing a cap on how many inmates could be incarcerated in the state prison and, in the process, extended those eligible for parole to inmates that were imprisoned for violent and assaultive crimes. What followed was that 14 of those released were re-arrested after being caught and charged with murder with even one parolee, once being released, murdering his ex-girlfriend before taking his own life.

Francis thus concludes that this is a shining example of anarcho-tyranny, as Hunt and the police had failed to protect the innocent from violent criminals, costing some of them their lives, but had succeeded in hounding the innocent citizen who violated a trivial seat belt law. Hunt gave the impression of being tough on crime when in reality he was merely hounding a law abiding citizen for a minor violation, while allowing so called ‘low level’ criminals to be released from prison who actually caused violence and death on the law abiding populous."

Anarcho-Tyranny, U.S.A. by Sam Francis, 1994:
    Anarcho-Tyranny, U.S.A. | Chronicles

starting strength coach development program
    There are benefits to the closing down of some institutions due to Covid.....

College Chaos - LewRockwell