starting strength gym
Page 625 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 12552557561562362462562662763567572511251625 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mangen View Post
    On Wednesday, a coworker finally expressed what I thought has been in their eyes since we returned to on-site work in June.

I was informed that I, "have probably killed two or three people already."
    "How would you like to be next?"

You probably killed this lady: Shelby County woman who died gets letter saying she has COVID-19 | wbir.com

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Didn’t Andrew Cuomo threaten to assassinate the president?
    Trump may or may not have been serious about withholding funding when he made the remark that lit Cuomo's cannon mouth. While it might not be a bad idea on Trump's part, I believe it was certainly more of Trump trolling the woke. The media seems to be getting an inkling of this and is not always reacting as big as they have since they are being used to bolster Trump's bona fides with his base and perhaps some of the less committed. But Cuomo definitely took the troll, hook, line, and sinker. Given the bad odor he has for his response to the Kung Flu, at least with many outside his political and media bubble, it only strengthens Trump. At the very least with his base.

All that said, am I the only one who sees some of the ongoing bitter clinging to lockdowns, and in some cases the re-institution of stricter controls for the Kung Flu as a further reaction by dem governors to increase the suffering as Biden fades?

You are aware of the Very Reliable algorithms predicting future COVID-19 deaths. This guy has been thanklessly evaluating their historical accuracy. Of note are the ensemble prediction (which combines all the algorithms and represents the sum of all academic efforts) and the trivial baseline (which just predicts the same number as the previous week.)

He’s too polite to report the obvious, so I will. For predicting American deaths in the subsequent week, the average error of the ensemble is 15%. For the baseline, it’s 12%.

These machine learning algorithms have not outperformed the trivial baseline in the 18 weeks they have been reporting to CDC. (This began on April 27, and so excludes the pathetic IHME predictions of March.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post

All that said, am I the only one who sees some of the ongoing bitter clinging to lockdowns, and in some cases the re-institution of stricter controls for the Kung Flu as a further reaction by dem governors to increase the suffering as Biden fades?

I think most rational people see this. 6 months ago bad science, or knee jerk reaction would have been suspected, but now the evidence for extreme bias is overwhelming.

And yet, we continue to comply, like obedient sheep being herded.

That asshole was on Vice News last nite and admitted he was the shooter. He got what he deserved.

Is there a razor yet for "If the premise is only supported by models and those models are paid for by government(s) then assume they're lying."?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    I watched Rachel Maddow's segment on this last night(always good to know the other side). Mary Trump seems a little off, and she writes mostly with hearsay when it comes to this. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump said things along these lines. I'm definitely not a Trump hater, but after years of seeing his personality, it is possible..... or did Maddow get to me lol?
    When exactly has Maddow ever spoken the truth about Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    That asshole was on Vice News last nite and admitted he was the shooter. He got what he deserved.
    Sister of Portland murder suspect Michael Reinoehl urges peace after his fatal shooting by police in Washington - oregonlive.com

This seems rather a different response than Jacob's family and Floyd's family.

“That shocked me that it was the police, at first ... but then I thought about it,” Reinoehl’s sister said. “There was no way that the Michael I knew would have gone quietly, although that would have been the right thing to do.

“I really had hoped he was in custody, because if he was out there, with his history of acting first and rationalizing later, odds were he was going to get himself killed.”

Reinoehl’s sister said she’s not angry at police. She believes officers wanted to put her brother in handcuffs and take him to jail.

“I think that was their intention. I don’t think that was Michael’s intention,” she said. “There’s only so much you can do with someone who doesn’t want to be taken in,” she said. “It wouldn’t be fair to blame them.”
    Nice to see someone who can see the reality of a family member instead of being like "yeah he was a rapist, but he was the sweetest guy I knew and saved puppies from burning buildings every weekend!"

Maybe some people need adjustment on their views of resisting arrest for the betterment of all.

starting strength coach development program
    It would be really good if this was true. I hope it is:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...09/M-20-34.pdf