starting strength gym
Page 626 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 12652657661662462562662762863667672611261626 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 30197

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It would be really good if this was true. I hope it is:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...09/M-20-34.pdf
    An excellent move by the president. He needs to attack this issue in public schools next. We pay for those too.

Just last weekend my 7 year old niece jumped into my arms for a hug. Then she ran away to grab a sign she was so proud that she had made and she could not wait to show me. It read: "Black Lives Matter. A lot" I just calmly asked her if she learned that in school and she replied yes. Its really sad that the school system is indoctrinating young minds to Marxism. I wonder what other garbage they have taught her?

I remember getting ready to go on a volunteer trip to help people Honduras. It was a liberal arts college and the professor hosting the trip had some meetings before the trip. In the first meeting she handed out a piece of paper on basically how white people should act around brown people. That whites say and do things that offend others, and whites ARE THE ONLY GROUP CAPABLE OF RACISM. When I looked up at the professor (she was even nervous speaking about it), I felt like I was in a twilight zone. I must had been living under a rock for the last 18 years of my life, because this was the first time I heard this. I grew up around and had more brown friends than white. I would go to my friends Mexican restaurant frequently, where no one spoke English, I was the only white American, and I felt at home. The boos and cheers from the soccer game on t.v., the smell of cheap beer, and great food was excellent. Of course "gringo and wedo" were thrown around, but all in good fun. One of my fondest memories as a kid. I guess my white privilege didn't allow me to act right around these people.

I just wish the president wouldn't base his understanding of what is happening, in the branch of government he leads, on "press reports."

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    I just wish the president wouldn't base his understanding of what is happening, in the branch of government he leads, on "press reports."
    Why would you think he does this? You don't think he verified this activity with the members of his administration? I hope you realize that the statement was worded that way because YOU know about this training from press reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cross View Post
    An excellent move by the president. He needs to attack this issue in public schools next. We pay for those too.
    All white Federal employees who were forced into these brainwashing sessions should be suing the federal government for this mass violation of the 14th amendment and many civil rights laws. It's a hostile work environment to be told you are racist simply for being born your race. How can you go back to your desk next to your black co-workers after that and work comfortably?

Its really sad that the school system is indoctrinating young minds to Marxism. I wonder what other garbage they have taught her?
    That this racist BLM terrorism is peaceful protest that white people deserve for existing:
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...72620871856128
    https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...15166531170306

I wonder what other garbage they have taught her?
    I really hate to come across as an asshole because I don't mean it harshly but rather out of sheer frustration but- where has the concern over this been for the last 20+ years as people like me have been bitching about curriculum? I homeschooled my kids for a reason. This has been coming down the pipeline for So. Damn. Long. Curriculum publishers and ivory tower academia has been an incestuous tangle of payoffs and propaganda since I was in school which is how I knew when it came time that homeschooling was the best choice for my kids. Had my kind been heard rather than shooed off as paranoid or weird you'd not have a generation of kids that have already been inculcated with this and are ready to do it to the next generation. Right now, the number of teachers who can make it through what is required for being a teacher and not succumb to the force feeding of the bullshit is tiny. Only now that the results of the last couple of decades have been thrust in the face of the average joe do I hear people waking up. Honestly, I don't have hope the situation is fixable right now. Too many people just want their free government babysitting and don't give a damn what the babysitters are shoving down the kids' throats. You line up ten parents and ask them what company their kids' school is using to teach history or math and they probably couldn't tell you. I can. And I can tell you why they are using it and the answer is NEVER "because it's the best and most effective."

People have got to remember that schools are not there to educate your children. They are there for many reasons but the education, inspiration, and guidance of your child is not anywhere near the top of the list of priorities. That's on the parent. Granted, in our current climate that sucks. Parents get no real help and support. But it doesn't change the fact that if one does not actively engage in their child's education and instead chooses to hand that power over to the state without check that kind of indoctrination is precisely what you are going to get. You may not even get the basics along with it because the academic world sees your child as a guinea pig on which to test their latest educational theory. Any decent parent cannot be lazy about this. You absolutely must stick your nose as far into the school's business as you can get it, if you can't homeschool full time. Find out what they are using, supplement it or counteract it as necessary. Get with old school homeschoolers like me (there's one of us in every town, I'd lay money on it) and get info and resources. Read John Taylor Gatto. Learn about the history of government sponsored education, especially here in the states.

It doesn't seem true.

There are two problems with government and corporate training. The primary problem is that employee training has become a big business over the last few decades. A secondary problem is the business of training sells controversy, fear and crisis. Racism, sexism, etc. in addition to the classics such as fire alarms, first aid, purchasing ethics etc.

The people that authorize and allocate resources are cowards. It's CYA, not educational or useful. As such, the industry at large is suspect. The content is a symptom.

Why would you think he does this? You don't think he verified this activity with the members of his administration? I hope you realize that the statement was worded that way because YOU know about this training from press reports.
    I got this idea from the second paragraph of the memo you posted:

For example, according to press reports, employees across the Executive Branch have
    been required to attend trainings where they are told that "virtually all White people contribute to
    racism" or where they are required to say that they "benefit from racism." According to press
    reports, in some cases these training have further claimed that there is racism embedded in the
    belief that America is the land of opportunity or the belief that the most qualified person should
    receive a job.
    I would think that if there were specific programs where this happened, the memo would name them, or at least refer to actual programs. The memo was not sent to you and me. It was sent within the executive branch, and cites "press reports" as the evidence that this is happening. The stereotyped vision we have of Trump from some parts of the media is that he gets most of his information from watching TV. I don't know if that's true, but I wish his own office would not send out memos that reinforce that image. Because it's plausible and discouraging.

And yes, I think if they had knowledge of these things happening from anywhere other than "press reports" it would have been worded differently.

starting strength coach development program
    It should be made an international law that any government official, doctor, or scientist advocating for any future lockdown must stay in a prison's solitary confinement cell until they deem it safe for the world to come out of its hole. They will be allowed a computer and internet to perform research or conduct business to adequately gauge the date of their release.