starting strength gym
Page 627 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 12752757761762562662762862963767772711271627 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Does anybody reading this board actually personally know a "White Supremacist"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is a timely question. As I’ve been reflecting lately about my life 1/2 off which was spent in the south and the other half in Seattle.

I can say without a doubt, that I’ve witnessed orders of magnitude more overtly blatant racism in Seattle than I ever did in the south. I certainly heard/saw some in the south But it was relegated to the throwback old men and women (I grew up in the 70s-80s), but the biggest misconception about the south is that racism is a fact of life. It’s not, the vast majority have a “live and let live” mentality. And race is a non issue both ways.

In Seattle there is a lot of bloviation about the evils of segregation - as they relentlessly call for it.

Seattle is very predominantly white and most of the Antifa and BLM’ers have never met a black person.

I’ve also been pondering the role of youth sports in quelling racial bias. I grew up from pee-wee through high school playing sports with black teammates. They were all my friends and me theirs. We played pick up basketball on weekends and played for each other in season. I noticed they were black and they noticed I was white and that was the extent of our racism.

Racism exists everywhere, for sure, but I’ve never seen it so blindly fostered as I do in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    where has the concern over this been for the last 20+ years
    You answered your own question didn't you?

None, but I'm using the Merriam Webster's definition.

I don't personally know anyone that is a white supremacist.

I also don't know anyone who died of Covid and only one person that probably had Covid.

Yes. One confirmed and a handful suspected. Largely, everyone thought they were complete assholes. The one confirmed was an old barber that I used to go to because he was the best hand with a straight razer to touch up my face shave and medium fade. One day, out of the blue, while he was mid shave he went completely off about how black people "looked like monkeys from interbreeding with gorillas in Africa" and a bunch of other craziness. Weirdest "Do you want to join the Klan?" pitch I'd ever heard.

Pretty fucking awkward day, and my last time sitting in his chair. Also, sterling record considering most of my life has been spent living in the South. Obviously, racism wasn't a problem anymore. Existent, sure... but laughable at most. Until neo-Marxism.

Googling around, wikipedia and what not....I guess they lifted restrictions at the end of June. And looking at the case curve, the cases very predictably went up right after.

Death rate?
    .... apparently Peru had only 40 ventilator units before this started. FORTY total. Not 40/100k pop. 40 for 30 million people. Now I know Cuomo wanting 30,000 more ventilators for a city of 10 million was over kill and theatrics, but somewhere in the middle of those two ridiculous extremes is probably what's prudent. And Peru ain't even close.
    Also Peru's adult obesity rate is near 60%! That would explain a lot (death rates from C19 have almost correlated perfectly with obesity rates...). I know the ventilator talk has gone out of fashion of late, but all that is also a general demonstration of their medical capacity as a whole. It's very piss poor.

As far as the lock downs. Writing out and edict is one thing, doing it is another. I don't know how well a third world country could enforce those draconian lockdowns in reality. Their poorness and ineptitude in the above paragraph also demonstrates this. They are no south Korea or Vietnam.

I’ve run into a few of these shitbags when I was growing up in Maine, who were mostly ignorant scumbags of low intelligence - certainly no one who would inspire any followers, much less pose a national threat.

starting strength coach development program
    Sit at home for three months or die of COVID-19 because I FUCKING SAID SO THAT'S WHY.

-Commissar Lance D. Himes
    INTERIM Health Director