starting strength gym
Page 632 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 13253258262263063163263363464268273211321632 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Please, please do not let this question your absolute faith in the accuracy of covid testing.
    (Sorry cannot seem to post as a link, so if needed copy to your browser)

i am sure no major decisions are being made based on the number of positives.

COVID-19 tests halted at Boston lab after hundreds of false positives discovered

In case anyone thought that living in a "red" state was somehow better than living in a blue state, this might help disabuse you of that notion. Red states are no different than blue states, they are just a few years behind is all.

Rick's Pub & Grub in Chandler shut down for violating covid-19 rules - MOUTH BY SOUTHWEST

Social media is just other a tool for fascists. This (black owned, by the way) pub was shut down for violating these asinine restrictions "...after social media photos over the weekend showed crowds of patrons not observing the state’s covid-19 regulations."

Think about it; either the health department employees sit around scouring social media looking for "violators" (most likely), or else they responded to a complaint by a "concerned citizen" (less likely, but certainly possible given the general assholery of many of our fellow citizens).

Was there any due process afforded this business owner before the state decided to shut them down? Has there been any due process for any of the businesses shut down from this mindless panic?

"Flatten the curve", what a sad pathetic joke.

You guys don’t have a clear picture of this in the States, but pretty much all European governments have started changing directions. The line as of, say, last week, is that the lockdowns were a huge mistake and will not be repeated. The henchmen are versed in the new line and are toeing it. There are residual small time tyrant governments in less important countries, but they will fall in line soon.

The media are trying to stir up their final bits of panic, but even the worst fear mongers among them are starting to turn coats. My personal guess is that with the approach of the dreaded fall and a curious lack of high death rates, everyone is ready to move on and not get killed by all the sections of the electorate that one has fucked over in 2020. I have seen inklings of this in the American press, but the elections are still fucking things up on your end. Plus, take into account that the US is about two to four weeks behind in the various pandemic cycles, and I think you guys can expect a significant toning down of the rhetoric in a month or so. There will be some residual BS in time for November 4, but you will see some major signs of change in attitude really soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    More importantly, do they think that calling us "Racists" will make us vote for the Democrats?
    No, they think calling us racists will make OTHER people vote for the Democrats. Especially the woke-beta-soy-boys who are into self flagellation and publicly announcing their own racism.

Posting from Sweden here and been reading the thread on and off just wanted to share my experience of the "pandemic" from a country which compared to the rest of the western world has done very little! I also work in health care. There isnt even a recommendation for wearing the useless face masks here.

Here basically everything has been open, gyms included i have been getting stronger and healthier during Covid while the rest of the world have been imprisoned and nothing dramatic has happened here. hospitals where not overrun, the world didnt end. Nursing homes dropped the ball and spiked the deaths but this was mainly people over 80 years with lots of underlying conditions other than that things have been very undramatic here.

So the rest of the world needs to chill the fuck out. Even our restrictions had a huge impact on the country, economy and even peoples health.

And remember every year the regular flu comes and nobody does jack shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    No, they think calling us racists will make OTHER people vote for the Democrats. Especially the woke-beta-soy-boys who are into self flagellation and publicly announcing their own racism.
    And who were already voting either Democrat or Green anyway. I'm just missing the part about why they all seem to think that this shit gets Trump out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyamak View Post
    And remember every year the regular flu comes and nobody does jack shit!
    That was before, my friend.

Continuing to feed my paranoia that the government is not to be trusted, the CDC has removed the web page which listed the “estimated 380,000 people die annually from infections at these long-term care facilities, and 1 million people get serious infections in them.“ Maybe they don't want the comparison between annual deaths and this year's vastly reduced numbers. Just to make sure I hadn't misread the numbers, did a search and found a March NYT article that quotes the same page and numbers, and provides a link, it isn't dead, it just doesn't go to that page.

And who were already voting either Democrat or Green anyway. I'm just missing the part about why they all seem to think that this shit gets Trump out of office.

That was before, my friend.
    The narciscism of the soy boy doesn't have any space for that kind of reasonable thought process.

Oh, that's easy:

Step 1: Call all white people racists.
    Step 2: ?????
    Step 3: BIDEN WINS IN A LANDSLIDE!!!!!

It's the Underwear Gnome school of politics.

Ever see the cartoon with the flowchart that has one box stating "A miracle happens" to get from point-A to point-B?

If you've never spent serious time in a mostly left-wing area you don't get this. Up until a little over a year ago (when I moved to Pennsylvania) I lived in New Jersey and worked in New York City. People there are convinced that Trump had to cheat to be elected, because they don't know ANYONE who voted for him, and therefore no one did. They talk about people in flyover country being provincial and insulated, but the most provincial and insulated people I've ever know lived in big cities. They truly believe that Idaho exists solely to provide potatoes to be made into french fries for New York. Just after Bush The Younger was elected, one of my co-workers (who was Jewish, you'd think he'd know better) said that "Anyone who voted for Bush should be shipped off to Wyoming or someplace".

starting strength coach development program
    Seems to me like a protest is an excellent place to get suckerpunched or worse. As the war progresses, this shit comes from the headlines to the neighborhoods, and you'd better be prepared. Learn to be aware of your surroundings as a habit.
    [/url]
    This is an important read...video included:

Antifa Reality Check
    “Very basic background. My friend is a prior service 1st LAR 0311, 0351. (from Wiki: 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion is a fast and mobilized armored terrestrial reconnaissance battalion of the United States Marine Corps.) Multiple tours in the early to late 2000s, then DoE, then was put through selection and went to work for Colonel G____ as a team member. Since leaving, he has been doing contract work.

He is an experienced and capable meat eater and the furthest thing from a pussy or coward. Try to learn from his experiences.

“Me and three of my buddies were in Portland this weekend, got attacked by Antifa. There’s a Twitter video with millions of views on it. They ended up on Hannity and Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro etc., of us getting beaten with bats and rocks the size of cantaloupes thrown at us, getting spit on etc. We were all carrying pistols as well. Opportunity, ability and jeopardy, we were in a deadly force situation and we could easily articulate the use of deadly force, but they had pepper sprayed us. They were using industrial strobe lights on us, etc. We couldn’t PID our target and what lied beyond it, They did a great job of taking our situational awareness away, it was fucking incredible.
    Bro my perspective on this changed so much."
    Back to the virus. There is death all around me as older people in my small circle failed to get medical care months ago due to fear of covid. Two have died in the last week. There are dropped balls all over the place in part because MDs have their own personal challenges at home with children home from school, family members losing their shit from the isolation, their own parents needing help, etc. Not to mention, the world as viewed on TV by locked-down elderly is hopelessly depressing. One elderly person I know simply announced "I quit"...and stopped eating. A few weeks later, he is gone.

Another person in her 70s did seek medical care for a blood infection. The Doctor forced her to first get a covid test before he would treat her. Her test was negative, but there were symptomatic people in the line. Even with masks on, shortly thereafter she developed a bad case of covid19. Despite early treatment with Remdesivir, she died on the vent days ago. I don't think Doctors are allowed to prescribe HCQ/Zinc/etc here...or even believe it is helpful. I'm not saying it would have saved her...she had other health problems. She was the perfect candidate for extreme isolation...which she did until sent for a covid test despite having no symptoms of the virus.

These are the facts as I know them coming from very reliable people close to the situations.