starting strength gym
Page 633 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 13353358362363163263363463564368373311331633 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yep, BLM/Antifa gets Biden elected as surely as the sun rises in the east.

CNN is calling this a ‘mostly peaceful’ sucker punch… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS
    What happened here ^.
    The post/snippet just shows a guy punch another guy.
    I don't get the "mostly peaceful sucker punch" reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    You guys don’t have a clear picture of this in the States, but pretty much all European governments have started changing directions. The line as of, say, last week, is that the lockdowns were a huge mistake and will not be repeated. The henchmen are versed in the new line and are toeing it. There are residual small time tyrant governments in less important countries, but they will fall in line soon.

The media are trying to stir up their final bits of panic, but even the worst fear mongers among them are starting to turn coats. My personal guess is that with the approach of the dreaded fall and a curious lack of high death rates, everyone is ready to move on and not get killed by all the sections of the electorate that one has fucked over in 2020. I have seen inklings of this in the American press, but the elections are still fucking things up on your end. Plus, take into account that the US is about two to four weeks behind in the various pandemic cycles, and I think you guys can expect a significant toning down of the rhetoric in a month or so. There will be some residual BS in time for November 4, but you will see some major signs of change in attitude really soon.
    I sincerely hope so. Europe is fortunate in that it does not have a shit show of a national presidential election looming where the incumbent is the Devil incarnate and personally responsible for the downfall of Western civilization, and thus the entirety of the political, media, military, and intelligence elite classes are gunning for his ass. Your motivations are quite a bit different and incumbent upon various other factors. You really don't have anyone you're trying to screw politically, per se. That being said, Europe tends to do what the U.S. says or the money dries up; if what you're saying is really the case, I find it odd that there's a bit of an independent streak happening over there. We'll see.

That was before, my friend.
    Sad but true, I feel like the whole world have lost their shit and gone mad. One virus and democracy and freedom goes right out the window in most of the west. Most of europe has had real lockdown=house arrest and surprise surprise! when they eventually let people out of their homes "cases" started spiking again. No different than living under a dictatorship like communist China where they just welded shut peoples homes so they couldnt leave, at least they dont pretend like people have a choice.

And the saddest part about this is that people actually swallowed this whole thing without a fight.

Here in Sweden people are becoming more and more immune and at the same time of course deaths related to Covid keep decreasing, right now things are very stable most hospitals here don't even have a single patient with Covid in their care, mine has 2! in the entire Sweden we have 13 patients in ICU because of covid19 and most of them have been there a while.

So basically we did compared to the rest of the world very little and things are stabilizing while everyone else is having spikes because of the lockdown. And at the same time we minimized the huge costs of "the cure" the total number of deaths in our country compared to previouse years is not higher, its actually lower!

Sweden received so much shit because of their strategy from basically the entire world and I know that the truth is becoming more and more apparent now, just doubt that the cowardly politicians and media will have the guts to admit how our strategy was better in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    What happened here ^.
    The post/snippet just shows a guy punch another guy.
    I don't get the "mostly peaceful sucker punch" reference?
    "Mostly peaceful" is a meme/joke aimed at CNN. It comes from numerous videos and images of CNN reporters on scene repeating the talking point that what they are seeing is "mostly peaceful" while a building burns behind them or people throw bottles at them.

At least one of those two "boogaloo bois" in Minnesota they're trotting around that got arrested describes himself as "left anarchist" and talks about getting rid of the police, "hunting white supremacists," and says he's vegan/pescatarian.

Legacy media calls them far right. Sometimes white supremacists when they aren't even all white.

'Far-right Boogaloo Bois' are 'left anarchist'-- 'experts' lied

They lie like this repeatedly.

The media is responsible for deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    You guys don’t have a clear picture of this in the States, but pretty much all European governments have started changing directions. The line as of, say, last week, is that the lockdowns were a huge mistake and will not be repeated. The henchmen are versed in the new line and are toeing it. There are residual small time tyrant governments in less important countries, but they will fall in line soon.

The media are trying to stir up their final bits of panic, but even the worst fear mongers among them are starting to turn coats. My personal guess is that with the approach of the dreaded fall and a curious lack of high death rates, everyone is ready to move on and not get killed by all the sections of the electorate that one has fucked over in 2020. I have seen inklings of this in the American press, but the elections are still fucking things up on your end. Plus, take into account that the US is about two to four weeks behind in the various pandemic cycles, and I think you guys can expect a significant toning down of the rhetoric in a month or so. There will be some residual BS in time for November 4, but you will see some major signs of change in attitude really soon.
    Man I hope so. Almost everyone I'm friends with realizes this whole thing is a joke, but everyone knows that one guy who wears a mask alone in his car or walking around outside. It's that crazy minority of people that screws it up for everyone.

Does anybody reading this board actually personally know a "White Supremacist"?
    I have never known any.

I have had several black and hispanic friends tell me that I am inherently racist, because I am white.

According to the our government's Bureau of New-Speak, Propaganda & Indoctrination, a "White Supremacist" is any white person. But, especially a white person who believes in property rights, free will, meritocracy, nationalism or limited immigration.

I remember that video. I believe the consensus was that it was a CCP propaganda stunt. It was a staged attack to promote Chinese nationalism and Kung Fu.

I guess you'd consider this "mainstream", but it's good: The 1% blunder: How a simple but fatal math mistake by US Covid-19 experts caused the world to panic and order lockdowns — RT Op-ed

This needs to be sent around.

Another plug at (covid, climate) science v. politics, with a punch line, from my favorite cranky physicist, Lubos Motl:

The Reference Frame: Covid: science vs politics, propaganda, and obedience

and as ever, keep up with Briggs.

The WBLM axis...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    Man I hope so. Almost everyone I'm friends with realizes this whole thing is a joke, but everyone knows that one guy who wears a mask alone in his car or walking around outside. It's that crazy minority of people that screws it up for everyone.
    It’s quite amazing. Up until a week ago the whole continent was about warnings, flu season, we must not relax and shit. Come Monday, you are getting heads of state downplaying everything, doctors coming on live TV to explain how cancer has been a mich bigger problem than COVID, the whole thing.

I’m telling you, the whole story has completely reversed direction since Monday. As I said, the US is on a time delay, the spread was east to west, and you guys started implementing everything with two to four weeks difference. Don’t worry about the crazies and totalitarian lockdown supporters, they just bought into the story of a fundamental change in societal relations. I’m guessing there was some thought given to actually implementing something of the kind, but the nanny state surprised itself with how ineffective it has been, so they are eager to go back to the old way of working ASAP. I expect masks will linger for some time, but significant changes are coming and we can start getting ready for next year’s major party. It’s like a short lived Prohibition Era that we have been living in.