starting strength gym
Page 640 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 14054059063063863964064164265069074011401640 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Rip,
    I know the joe rogan thing is kind of a running joke here, but I can’t empathize enough how important it is to listen to Tim Kennedy on this episode, especially in regards to what Russia is doing.

Here’s a clip from a different interview about the same topic, since not everyone wants to listen to a while podcast:

"THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR DECADES": Tim Kennedy On Russian & Chinese Anti-American Sentiment - YouTube

Tim Kennedy is a bad motherfucker - people need to know.
    Soule, thanks for sharing this interview - what was your first impression of Kennedy's opinions? Because for me, they didn't pass the sniff test - it sounded like more make-believe BS from the grown-ups rewriting history and biology in our country.

Where were the Russian and Chinese infiltrators at the Tea Party, Anti-lockdown, Right for Life, and Trump Rally demonstrations? Kennedy said that Soft Spies are infiltrating both sides of our political debate after all- perhaps he's insinuating that the Russians are propping up Tucker Carlson, Joseph Watson, and Project Veritas?

Also, on the whole "hating us" logic - I've mentioned before, how much do our Allies, the Saudis, actually love us? I think that choosing allies is based more on having mutual enemies than the same values (although IMHO Russia's values are much closer to ours than our current allies'): see WWII for an example.

And on the hating LGBT's and minorities issue, seems like he mixed up his metaphors - we've all heard of Islamists (even Saudis??) tossing gays off rooftops, but not Russians or the Chinese.

Now, I'm living in Russia for the moment, so take what I say with a grain of salt (I'm a paid troll, a traitor to our country!!) - but it has seemed to me for a decade now that an alliance with the Russians would be more politically useful, and culturally aligned, than many of these Middle-Eastern alliances that we have. And just thinking analytically, for awhile now it has seemed that all the anti-Russian tropes out there in corporate-approved, mainstream society are simply created out of fear of the powerful alliance that a US-Russian relationship would be (a power-check against whom?).

But forget my stupid opinion about alliances; what opinions have you all heard in this video that passes the smell test? Given, again, that the infiltrators (spies) never turn Conservatives into rioters and looters at their protests, and not a single homosexual (based on my quick Google search - correct me if I'm wrong!) has been pushed off a Russian or Chinese roof, and yet our ally Saudi Arabia's soil is soaked in the tears of homosexuals about to face the death penalty. Sorry for the superfluous rhetoric, but this Tim Kennedy interview just sounded like more hyped-up make-believe to me, and so I'm eager to hear what I'm missing, that makes all of his points sound logical and plausible. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Soule, thanks for sharing this interview - what was your first impression of Kennedy's opinions? Because for me, they didn't pass the sniff test - it sounded like more make-believe BS from the grown-ups rewriting history and biology in our country.

Where were the Russian and Chinese infiltrators at the Tea Party, Anti-lockdown, Right for Life, and Trump Rally demonstrations? Kennedy said that Soft Spies are infiltrating both sides of our political debate after all- perhaps he's insinuating that the Russians are propping up Tucker Carlson, Joseph Watson, and Project Veritas?

Also, on the whole "hating us" logic - I've mentioned before, how much do our Allies, the Saudis, actually love us? I think that choosing allies is based more on having mutual enemies than the same values (although IMHO Russia's values are much closer to ours than our current allies'): see WWII for an example.

And on the hating LGBT's and minorities issue, seems like he mixed up his metaphors - we've all heard of Islamists (even Saudis??) tossing gays off rooftops, but not Russians or the Chinese.

Now, I'm living in Russia for the moment, so take what I say with a grain of salt (I'm a paid troll, a traitor to our country!!) - but it has seemed to me for a decade now that an alliance with the Russians would be more politically useful, and culturally aligned, than many of these Middle-Eastern alliances that we have. And just thinking analytically, for awhile now it has seemed that all the anti-Russian tropes out there in corporate-approved, mainstream society are simply created out of fear of the powerful alliance that a US-Russian relationship would be (a power-check against whom?).

But forget my stupid opinion about alliances; what opinions have you all heard in this video that passes the smell test? Given, again, that the infiltrators (spies) never turn Conservatives into rioters and looters at their protests, and not a single homosexual (based on my quick Google search - correct me if I'm wrong!) has been pushed off a Russian or Chinese roof, and yet our ally Saudi Arabia's soil is soaked in the tears of homosexuals about to face the death penalty. Sorry for the superfluous rhetoric, but this Tim Kennedy interview just sounded like more hyped-up make-believe to me, and so I'm eager to hear what I'm missing, that makes all of his points sound logical and plausible. Thank you.
    Tim Kennedy doesn’t bullshit. He’s been active special forces for almost two decades and the guys who work for JSOC are privileged to the highest levels of intel on enemy operations. He’s also talking about China, not just Russia.

It’s widely known that Russia did shady shit during the 2016 election and that’s not to say they propagated a trump win, but their goal is to create discord in our society. Why would they stop now, when they’ve been doing this for decades? They play both sides. It’s also widely known that gays were persecuted in Russia, so I don’t understand why you’re in denial about that.

I also linked this podcast because he’s a hardcore libertarian and many of the people on these boards would find this a very enjoyable 3 hours of listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Tim Kennedy doesn’t bullshit. He’s been active special forces for almost two decades and the guys who work for JSOC are privileged to the highest levels of intel on enemy operations. He’s also talking about China, not just Russia.

It’s widely known that Russia did shady shit during the 2016 election and that’s not to say they propagated a trump win, but their goal is to create discord in our society. Why would they stop now, when they’ve been doing this for decades? They play both sides. It’s also widely known that gays were persecuted in Russia, so I don’t understand why you’re in denial about that.

I also linked this podcast because he’s a hardcore libertarian and many of the people on these boards would find this a very enjoyable 3 hours of listening.
    Something about “hardcore libertarian” and all this other nonsense doesn’t compute, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Something about “hardcore libertarian” and all this other nonsense doesn’t compute, sorry.
    Tim is one of my spirit animals, but the idea that he somehow has access to relevant intelligence right now is far from correct. If I recall correctly, he's retired now. The ODA level, while critical for SR and leveraging other tactical and regional assets (operational presence and ground truth), is largely a consumer of regional and strategic assets, and these are mostly down selected and sanitized to what that team needs to know for their mission and AO. Even the ODA 18A,180A,18Z and 18F may not have full clearances.

What people who have experience in special operations, covert, clandestine and intelligence work do have, though, is just that... experience. Training. Years of learning tradecraft and TTPs, and you don't switch that off. His opinion is informed through that, and likely by every source he can get his hands on. He's probably not too far off on some things, but his perspective and scope are as limited as everyone else's. It is the information age, after all. You can pick out some very useful and interesting threads from open source intelligence (OSINT), which has gone from being denigrated as "RUMINT" (rumor, speculation) to one of the primary means of collection in my lifetime.

Except mainstream and social media. They're so bad as to be useless. Maybe even more harmful than useless. Fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post

I think he might not have an accurate measure of how involved the foreign operators are, but they're out there. There have definitely been foreign agents using the internet to put out divisive shit on both sides. Mainstream media has selectively reported on this, making it appear it only favored Trump and Trump-aligned movements, but that's not the case. But the fact is, I'm pretty sure at this point every country is doing this to every other country they have any sort of interests in to some degree or another. I don't doubt for a second our own intel agencies are pulling this same sort of shit wherever they can. Intelligence agencies have basically become organized crime syndicates that (loosely) work for their governments.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Tim is one of my spirit animals, but the idea that he somehow has access to relevant intelligence right now is far from correct. If I recall correctly, he's retired now. The ODA level, while critical for SR and leveraging other tactical and regional assets (operational presence and ground truth), is largely a consumer of regional and strategic assets, and these are mostly down selected and sanitized to what that team needs to know for their mission and AO. Even the ODA 18A,180A,18Z and 18F may not have full clearances.

What people who have experience in special operations, covert, clandestine and intelligence work do have, though, is just that... experience. Training. Years of learning tradecraft and TTPs, and you don't switch that off. His opinion is informed through that, and likely by every source he can get his hands on. He's probably not too far off on some things, but his perspective and scope are as limited as everyone else's. It is the information age, after all. You can pick out some very useful and interesting threads from open source intelligence (OSINT), which has gone from being denigrated as "RUMINT" (rumor, speculation) to one of the primary means of collection in my lifetime.

Except mainstream and social media. They're so bad as to be useless. Maybe even more harmful than useless. Fuckers.
    He’s still active. He mentions in the podcast coming back from a mission to all the bullshit thats going on in Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I think he might not have an accurate measure of how involved the foreign operators are, but they're out there. There have definitely been foreign agents using the internet to put out divisive shit on both sides. Mainstream media has selectively reported on this, making it appear it only favored Trump and Trump-aligned movements, but that's not the case. But the fact is, I'm pretty sure at this point every country is doing this to every other country they have any sort of interests in to some degree or another. I don't doubt for a second our own intel agencies are pulling this same sort of shit wherever they can. Intelligence agencies have basically become organized crime syndicates that (loosely) work for their governments.
    The difference: in the US we have freedom of speech and therefore every antifa soyboy can act like a spastic extremist without being merc’d by the KGB or whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Oh yeah? What makes you so certain, snatch?

re Tim kennedy's video...

Who killed our economy by purposefully overreacting to a virus? Who is defunding our law enforcement? Who is burning our cities? Who is burning our rural areas now?

Who is supporting and funding this paramilitary organization that is currently deployed throughout the US? Where are they being housed? Who orders the police stand-downs?

Who corrupted our FBI, DOJ, FISA court, intelligence agencies, FDA, and CDC? Who has been executing a rolling coup on a duly elected administration for 5 years? Why is our media marching in lockstep in support of this rolling coup?

Russia? China? Or is all of this being done by Americans?

Rather than War with Russia / China, how about we simply hold these Americans accountable?

Justice is coming.

starting strength coach development program
    13-Year-Old Oregon Boy Dies Trying To Save Grandmother In Wildfire, Says Family | The Daily Wire

When I see these little pasty white BLM pukes in Portland "protesting", and then I read about this kid, I really get very sad. I wouldn't take 10,000 of them for one of this kid. As Glenn said on Instapundit, "Mourn that such a boy died, but rejoice that such a boy lived."